No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I love it! I think the look, feel and sound of early-90s SNES games is epic, iconic, it bangs hard!!!!

However, you're not alone. Seems to be a Marmite thing but I say bring on the Marmite!

Comment

Is it as good as the original?

Comment

With the release of Dreamcast Castlevania Resurrection recently, I thought it would be nice to feature a Castlevania game on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

That is no battle. PCE version each and every time.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            That is no battle. PCE version each and every time.
            Maybe for use but a few of the younger viewers are leaning towards the PSP. PcE for me though.

Comment

You knew it was coming (^o^) Castlevania Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Battle of the Ports is back this week wit a really crappy game that was rated quite highly by the Amiga press. Is it really that bad? Let's take a look.

Comment

Genuinely not surprised that the Super Famicom release changed the character art on the title screen. I respect the Amiga as a system, but any time some dweeb-looking character turned up on the consoles back then, you just knew it came from the Amiga. It was the natural home of hideous-looking knock-off Beano characters as mascots.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    Genuinely not surprised that the Super Famicom release changed the character art on the title screen. I respect the Amiga as a system, but any time some dweeb-looking character turned up on the consoles back then, you just knew it came from the Amiga. It was the natural home of hideous-looking knock-off Beano characters as mascots.
                    Lol, yeah, same with Code Masters character art. Always thought that looked wank on those Micro Machines games. Great games but ugly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Lol, yeah, same with Code Masters character art. Always thought that looked wank on those Micro Machines games. Great games but ugly art.
                      Coincidentally I just bought MM2 for the MD off eBay complete for £15. Whoever said retro gaming was an expensive hobby? Picked up Gauntlet IV for £12.50 too. Lacking a manual, mind, but for twelve quid who’s complaining?

Comment

Coincidentally I just bought MM2 for the MD off eBay complete for £15. Whoever said retro gaming was an expensive hobby? Picked up Gauntlet IV for £12.50 too. Lacking a manual, mind, but for twelve quid who’s complaining?
                        12.50 for gauntlet IV without the manual is still an amazingly good price. It would be impossible just to find the cart alone for that price over here. Not that loose carts are that common anyway for good games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          12.50 for gauntlet IV without the manual is still an amazingly good price. It would be impossible just to find the cart alone for that price over here. Not that loose carts are that common anyway for good games.
                          Swings and roundabouts, my friend. I’m sure your local Hardoff has loose SFC carts for much less than what we pay over here. If you’re looking for any form of sympathy, you won’t find any from me

Comment

Swings and roundabouts, my friend. I’m sure your local Hardoff has loose SFC carts for much less than what we pay over here. If you’re looking for any form of sympathy, you won’t find any from me
                            Lol, I'm amazed at what people pay for what would be common crap over here. But loose carts to me is no different than plugging in an Everdrive. Box and manual or nothing for me.

Comment

A game I played back in the early 90's which was very cool back then is featured on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Fantastic BotP of a fantastic game. The Sharp X68k version looks AMAZING. I love this game for being so ahead of its time; it was an FPS before FPSes existed, it was an open-world sandbox game before open-world sandbox games existed. Also as it is narrative driven with a half-decent storyline and plenty of NPCs, it holds up much better than other 3D open-world games of the era such as Midwinter and Corporation. I like the variety of planets and cities you can visit too, again making it still enjoyable today.

I’d recommend anyone to give the translated MD version a go unless you are one of those people with a frame rate fetish.
                                Last edited by samanosuke; 29-05-2021, 14:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X