No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main improvement in Top Gear 2 is the full-screen display. The frame rate in the SNES version may be a bit dodgy, but it's OK. I think it plays well enough. I really like the graphics and sound as well, so it's one of my favourite SNES racers. I also have a soft spot for the original game, which is fun to play despite the action not being full-screen.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a bit of Top Gear 2

MD version is a joke though. Last time I played the Amiga version, I was impressed by how close it was to the SNES original, but having music come out of the left speaker and sound effects out of the right speaker really grated. I thought it was the AGA version but maybe it was the CD32 based off that video? Would have been cool to see the A500 version running as well tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        Can't go wrong with a bit of Top Gear 2

MD version is a joke though. Last time I played the Amiga version, I was impressed by how close it was to the SNES original, but having music come out of the left speaker and sound effects out of the right speaker really grated. I thought it was the AGA version but maybe it was the CD32 based off that video? Would have been cool to see the A500 version running as well tbh.
        I did record some of the base Amiga version but it crashed after the first race so I didn't bother adding it. It's just the same as the AGA besides the colour being crap.

Comment

Comment

I remember loving the Amiga version in 2-player against friends and family. It was such an addictive game. There's still something nice about it, despite the half-screen display.

The Amstrad version is funny -- can you say 'letterbox'.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              I remember loving the Amiga version in 2-player against friends and family. It was such an addictive game. There's still something nice about it, despite the half-screen display.

The Amstrad version is funny -- can you say 'letterbox'.
              It's like a quarter of the ay screen

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                . Loved the game , looked and moved so impressive at the time too .

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  It's like a quarter of the ay screen
                  I didn't even know the game came out on the Spectrum or Amstrad. What was the point ?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    . Loved the game , looked and moved so impressive at the time too .
                    Yeah, it felt so smooth next to other Amiga & ST racers. The last time I played it, it still felt really good to play. Lotus 2 improved the game engine, but the first game is also worth going back to.

Comment

One of the greatest Run'n Gun shooters ever made.

Comment

^Could be my fave game of all. Deffo top 3.

Never knew the GBA version was so bad, looks unfinished and bland, so glad I never got hold of it either back in the day or recently, I was always curious about the MD levels but having seen your vid I shan't bloody bother!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          I didn't even know the game came out on the Spectrum or Amstrad. What was the point ?
                          so did Street Fighter 2, didn't it? I was so grateful I never had the pleasure of buying them .

Comment

Let's continue the trilogy !

Comment

Let's continue the trilogy !

Where is Acorn version?? *boxing stance*

Comment

For anyone that's after some modern TopGear action be sure to check out Horizon Chase. They even got the TopGear composer in to do the music. There are console versions but it runs at 1080/60FPS on my old android phone, so no excuses.

Cracking game.

Comment

Working...
                                X