Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I had a crap load of Mastertronic 199 games for my Commodore Plus 4. I remember they did some 2.99 titles as well or where they the games which looked like American Comic book cartoons? I remember greats like TuttiFruity and ****e like Street Olympics, lol. Man, that was bolllcks.
    Mr Puniverse was awesome though?

Comment

A very long time ago I covered Dragon Spirit, now 6 years later we finally take a look at the sequel, Dragon Saber.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
        Mr Puniverse was awesome though?
        Agent X was great too.

Comment

It's time for another Battle of the Ports Remastered version. This is Cotton : Fantastic Night Dreams

Comment

Comment

I always liked Exerion in the arcades. Must have been around 1985 as I played it after multi hour sessions on Gauntlet.

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports, we take a look at a game many have been requesting for years. Finally, it is here.

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports, we take a look at a game many have been requesting for years. Finally, it is here.

SNES version takes it for me - played it the most, even more so than the coin-op. Nothing floaty about the controls whatsoever, you must be referring to the 2010 remake! NBA Jam still holds up today, as does NBA Hangtime.

And not to nitpick a fine botP vid, but, the SNES music soundtrack is essentially the same as the coin-op music, albeit better.

Oh, and Shaquille in Shaquille O'Neal is pronounced Sha-KEEL, not Sha-KELL.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 03-04-2021, 10:55.

Comment

I don't mind a bit of NBA Jam. I'm looking forward to the arcade versions coming to MiSTer one day.

Comment

For some reason it looks like I never posted last weeks vide here.

And this week it is time for Capcom's Aladdin game.

Comment

Aaaaaaah, Capcom's Aladdin....playing it is like eating a lovely slice of cake. I much preferred it to the MD version. Although I could see that version was way more ambitious.

But I like my Capcom cake the best, it plays (tastes) sooooooo goooooood.

Comment

For me, there's no question that Capcom's Aladdin has aged much better than Virgin's Aladdin.

Virgin's Aladdin looked good back in the day - not as great as people made it out to be but good - but it now looks and plays super-rough.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-04-2021, 15:01.

Comment

Bang on. The magical Capcom colours and sounds helped sway it for me, that and the tight, non-floaty, solid platforming.

I hate floaty games. Unless it's fun-floaty.

Comment

I think we have to agree that capcom's sound engine is ****e though. Too much reverb, too shrilly and nasty instruments. Same with most of their SNES games.

Comment

I think we have to agree that capcom's sound engine is ****e though. Too much reverb, too shrilly and nasty instruments. Same with most of their SNES games.
                                Not for me.

Are Capcom's SNES sounds the system's best? No. But they're far from the worst that the SNES has to offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X