Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Possibly the very first arcade game to ever have a celebrity endorsement. this is Teddy Boy Blues.
    No. It isn't.

Midway's Journey coin-op precedes Teddy Boy Blues by two whole years!

Comment

True. I had forgotten about that.

Comment

What happens when Sega obtains a license but have no game? Dynamite Deka is what.

Comment

Brilliant. Love this game, and the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
            Brilliant. Love this game, and the sequel.
            Me too!! I play through the squeal every few months, shame it's over so quickly. Love the wacky stuff you can pick up and use as weapons!

Comment

this is Teddy Boy Blues
              The Mega-CD version of that, with its CD music, is such a 90s thing. It's hard to believe now that anyone could've considered that to be an improvement.

I'm not one of those people who is always against updated/arranged soundtracks, but in a game of that nature, it just feels really odd!

Comment

A classic with a surprising amount of good ports. This week we look at Pang! on Battle of the Ports.
                Note that the SFC / SNES version is Super Pang!, Not regular Pang! so it's not featured on this video.

Comment

One of the very few wrestling games I actually like on this week's battle of the Ports. It's Capcom's Muscle Bomber.

Comment

Sega were always a company for coming up with crazy ideas. Baku Baku Animal is just one of them. This week on Battle Of The Ports.

Comment

Never heard of it. Will have a watch

Comment

Sega were always a company for coming up with crazy ideas. Baku Baku Animal is just one of them. This week on Battle Of The Ports.
                        Love this! Was a huge favourite of mine in the Saturn era, got me an imported version and played it to death. Simple and fun. Never saw it in an Arcade, but given the Saturn hardware it must be a pretty much spot on conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                          Love this! Was a huge favourite of mine in the Saturn era, got me an imported version and played it to death. Simple and fun. Never saw it in an Arcade, but given the Saturn hardware it must be a pretty much spot on conversion.
                          The Saturn port is better than the Arcade due to the little extras when it comes to play modes, Intro and ending and better audio quality. Graphically it's identical to the Arcade.

Comment

Another Atari classic on this Weeks's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

I have the Lynx version of this, but I rarely play it because I'm even crapper than Yakumo at this game.

Comment

Atari certainly had a pretty unique style to their arcade games in the eighties. 720, Toobin, Paperboy...

Comment

Working...
                                X