No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No arcade wrestler has EVER come close to WWF WrestleFest - a surefire candidate for the should-have-been-ported list if ever there was one.

Don't @ Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Here's a new BOTP for this week that many people requested over the years - WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game.
      I quite enjoyed the game back in the day . But my fav Arcade wrestler games were Main Event and WrestleFest

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        I quite enjoyed the game back in the day . But my fav Arcade wrestler games were Main Event and WrestleFest
        For me it's got to be the muscle Bomber series.

Comment

For me it's got to be the muscle Bomber series.
          I've never played that tbh. I also did quite enjoy SEGA's All Japan Pro wrestling series too

Comment

My only gripe with Muscle Bomber/Muscle Bomber Duo is that it wants to be too much like Street Fighter - wrestling game moves shouldn't be that difficult to pull off. It would be in my top-five though if only because I love that Tetsuo Hara did the artwork for it and that Mike Haggar is in it!

Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters II is crap though - definitely way too much like Street Fighter and it just doesn't work.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 23-02-2019, 11:10.

Comment

So, there aren't many boxing games in the arcade and what ones there are are not that great. But just how bad is Taito's Final Blow?

Comment

It's an oldie today as we take a look at Venture. This video does not contain any home-brew remake such as those found on the Atari 8bit home computers, Atrai 5200 or Windows.

Comment

It's an oldie today as we take a look at Venture. This video does not contain any home-brew remake such as those found on the Atari 8bit home computers, Atrai 5200 or Windows.
                  One of my most fav games of all time. I played the hell out of the CBS version back in the day (never knew it was based on a coin up) I used to pants my self, each then that big Goblin appeared
                  Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-03-2019, 09:43.

Comment

Comment

One of my happiest memories of gaming was borrowing Spy Hunter off my mate Ceri for the Zx Spectrum in school. That's my fav version of the game and I played it for weeks on end. Loved the Zx Spectrum days In school of borrowing and copying games

Comment

I much prefer Bump n Jump to this, although Spy Hunter seems to have a much better NES port.

Comment

I actually think the C64 version of Spy Hunter is better and more playable than the original, and I'm not the only one heh...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                            I much prefer Bump n Jump to this, although Spy Hunter seems to have a much better NES port.
                            I think Action Fighter pretty much owns Spy Hunter in every respect.

Just updated the Spy Hunter video

Comment

I have that on Master System, but don't think I've tried it - will have to dig it out.

Comment

Yes, finally after 262 shows of Battle of the Ports I'm getting on to the classic Pole Position. This game has so many ports and quite a few emulated versions which we won't cover but even without those there's still 16 versions to see right here. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X