No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, I forgot to add the Atari Lynx version.* But not to worry, there's still 12 versions to see.

Comment

I remember thinking the SNES version of Super Off Road was awesome back in the day. I really liked the physics of the vehicles that made you feel it was challenging to negotiate the environment with all the pits and bumps etc... Also looked really nice with memorable music.

Comment

Great vid! Only ever played the arcade and Amiga versions and both were great, just reminds me what a great, underrated Amiga port it is, rarely gets mentioned but it sports some proper arcadey graphics.

SNES version looks ace!!! Thinking of buying another SNES Mini and filling it full of 'B' games like this, it looks joyous, MD version, too!

Comment

How about Outrun Europa for a future show?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            I remember thinking the SNES version of Super Off Road was awesome back in the day. I really liked the physics of the vehicles that made you feel it was challenging to negotiate the environment with all the pits and bumps etc... Also looked really nice with memorable music.
            The Snes version was bloody awesome. But I played it most on my mates Amiga that was a fantastic port too. Great fun in the Arcades as well

Comment

Played the C64 version to death, really helped by some good controls as well.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                How about Outrun Europa for a future show?
                It's on the list of future shows.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Thinking of buying another SNES Mini and filling it full of 'B' games like this, it looks joyous,
                  Yeah, fill it full of SNES gems. There are plenty to bung on a Mini.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  The Snes version was bloody awesome. But I played it most on my mates Amiga that was a fantastic port too. Great fun in the Arcades as well
                  I only played the excellent SNES version back in the day. But when I saw the Amiga version in action, I was really impressed. It was nice when a dev actually knew how to use the Amiga hardware properly.

Comment

Today is a classic Data East puzzle games that didn't really find a large following until the second game released on the Neo Geo.
                    Magical Drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Today is a classic Data East puzzle games that didn't really find a large following until the second game released on the Neo Geo.
                      Magical Drop.

I LOVE this series. It's just so frantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        I LOVE this series. It's just so frantic.
                        My favourite it part 2. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's bacuse on the Saturn they went back to the good character design and dropped that CG garbage.

Comment

A series of games I loved until they ruined it with sexual overtones of the last gen games. Here is the third Parodius game, Gokujyou Parodius.
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 05-10-2019, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            they ruined it with sexual overtones of the last gen games.
                            I find the sexual stuff hilariously crazy. When Japanese designers do this sort of comedy with sexual overtones, it's usually wacky enough to make me laugh.

Comment

Let's take a look at a game that should have never been given the Thundercats name.

Comment

Another brill vid mate, I remember that awesome multiformat demo tape of the game that C&VG gave out in late '87, it convinced me not to buy the full game but it was nice being able to play the Speccy and C64 versions and compare and contrast. C64 slicker n' smoother, Speccy version much more detailed and more organoatmospheric. But about 6fps.

Never played the Amstrad one and can't remember if that demo tape had an Amstrad demo on it???

Comment

Working...
                                X