No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the better Pac Man spin offs on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Coming a little earlier this week since I missed last week.
      Battle of the Ports, Terra Cresta. A classic from Nichibutsu. What do you mean you've never heard of Nichibutsu? Maybe you know them by Nihonbusan? No? Sadly they made a lot of crap but also many great classics.

Comment

Nichibutsu actually had a British arm (Nichibutsu UK) and sold cabinets here. I think they may have also assembled at least some of them too. I know because of a weird bit of family trivia - they sold my grandad a Moon Cresta cabinet for the working men's club he was running at the time! Sadly I never got a chance to ask him about it as the first I knew of it was an old photo of him having a go on it!

Comment

One of the biggest bishōjo fighting game series developed by Fill-in-Cafe and published by FamilySoft on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Following on from last week's Doujin Game, Asuka 120% we have Variable Geo from TGL

Comment

Another viewer request this week with Battle of the Ports 1943: The Battle of Midway.

Comment

Following on from last week's 1943, we have 1943 Kai on Battle of the Ports

Comment

Wow, this one took forever to make.
                  Battle of the Ports - Lemmings

Comment

Marks for effort man, I wonder which single game has the most (official retail release) conversions, this one has to be up there.
                    Last edited by Baseley09; 31-07-2021, 23:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Marks for effort man, I wonder which single game has the most (official retail release) conversions, this one has to be up there.
                      I reckon Pacman and Frogger (both I've covered) are up there and Tetris is sure to be one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        I reckon Pacman and Frogger (both I've covered) are up there and Tetris is sure to be one as well.
                        Would argue that Dragon's Lair possibly tops the list. That's been ported to almost every platform you can think of, even DVD and Blu-Ray players!

Comment

Top shout on Dragons Lair seems to come out every gen. I even bought the "DVD" version when that came out

Comment

Yeah but most ports of Dragons lair aren't the Arcade game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Yeah but most ports of Dragons lair aren't the Arcade game.
                              Incorrect.

That might have been the case in the 8 and 16-bit eras (and even then the Mega-CD got ports of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace as way back as the early/mid 1990s) but with more modern hardware (ie. any hardware that could use CDs and thus replicate Laserdisc tech) the majority of ports definitely are the coin-op. Quite a few of them bundled with the sequel and Space Ace also.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-08-2021, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Incorrect.

That might have been the case in the 8 and 16-bit eras (and even then the Mega-CD got ports of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace as way back as the early/mid 1990s) but with more modern hardware (ie. any hardware that could use CDs and thus replicate Laserdisc tech) the majority of ports definitely are the coin-op. Quite a few of them bundled with the sequel and Space Ace also.
                                I don't consider the constant DVD releases as ports. They're just the Laserdisc footage running on a DVD player. Seen one DVD version and you've seen them all. At least the Mega CD has some sort of programming done to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X