Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    I'm a little late this week due to the busy nature of this time of year but I got there in the end. Here is this week's Battle of the Ports - The King Of Fighters '98.

Comment

Known as Sonic Wings Special on consoles, this arcade version is quite rare. So rare many people don't even know about it. What's more odd is that the original games ran on Neo Geo Hardware while this one does not.

Comment

Another easy win for the Saturn 2D might

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Known as Sonic Wings Special on consoles, this arcade version is quite rare. So rare many people don't even know about it. What's more odd is that the original games ran on Neo Geo Hardware while this one does not.
          Not that odd. The very first Sonic Wings / Aero Fighters wasn't a Neo-Geo game either. In fact, it got a SNES/SFC port.

The series only became Neo-Geo based from Sonic Wings 2 / Aero Fighters 2 onwards.

Comment

Yes, that is true. Only 2 and 3 were on the Neo Geo.
            I had Sonic Wings on the SFC a while back.

Comment

Its Trojan and no, not the Trojan you are thinking of (^_^). This week on Battle of the Ports.

Note that the Capcom Arcade Classic versions are not covered since they are just the arcade rom being emulated on different platforms such as the Xbox 360 and PS3

Comment

Such a shame about the ZX Spectrum game, it looked and sounded really good .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Such a shame about the ZX Spectrum game, it looked and sounded really good .
                  I wonder what the real reason for it being cancelled?

Said to be the first ever arcade game to feature parallax scrolling, Moon Patrol is something of an industry innovator but how is it as a game? Let's take a look at Moon Patrol over many different formats.

Comment

Long long ago Capcom made many different types of games from shooters to platformers and racing games. These days they seem to make only fighting or action survival games.

Let's take a look at an experimental title from them that combines driving with shooting. This is Last Duel.

Comment

I have been laughing about your summary of the ST version for 5 minutes now......classic!

Comment

Known as Mutant Fighter, this very obscure fighting game from Data east (Must be obscure since I only knew it as Death Brade) actually got a few ports with one being almost arcade perfect. Let's take a look.

Comment

I'd forgotten about the SFC version of this, probably because it's one of those bad games you want to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            I'd forgotten about the SFC version of this, probably because it's one of those bad games you want to forget.
                            Funny thing is that I knew about the SFC game first

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Funny thing is that I knew about the SFC game first
                              I'm not sure if I knew it was an arcade port. I have a feeling I thought it was made for the SFC. Definitely a 'bargain bin' sort of SFC game.

Comment

Here we are with the granddaddy of bike racers. It's Hang-On.

Comment

Working...
                                X