Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
    A great inexplicable video game crime that a powerhouse 2D version was never produced ground up for the Saturn.
    Yeah, that would have been the best option. But the gaming world expected Sonic to move to 3D. Sonic R managed to deliver an impressive 3D racer, even if it's quite clunky to play.

It's a shame that Sega didn't manage to get Sonic working well in a 3D world on the Saturn, but they did finally impress people with Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-06-2020, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
      A great inexplicable video game crime that a powerhouse 2D version was never produced ground up for the Saturn.
      Honestly, I'm not sure about this. People point to Mania, and sure, Mania is reminiscent of what a Saturn/NeoGeo Sonic game could've been like, but I don't think it would've been like this.

When you look at some of the weird things Sega tried around that time, like Xtreme, or the SatAM prototype:

I suspect if a Sonic title had been released, we'd just be lamenting over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Honestly, I'm not sure about this. People point to Mania, and sure, Mania is reminiscent of what a Saturn/NeoGeo Sonic game could've been like, but I don't think it would've been like this.

When you look at some of the weird things Sega tried around that time, like Xtreme, or the SatAM prototype:

I suspect if a Sonic title had been released, we'd just be lamenting over it.
        They are both Sega US made games and we all know how ****e their games were. Bug and Mr. Bones are just two of many ****ty games they made. A true Sonic game under the direction of the team which made Sonic CD or Sonic Jam could have been very good.

Comment

Maybe they should have ported this to the Saturn? Something similar to this would have definitely worked well on the Saturn hardware, rather than proper 3D.

Comment

I love SMS Sonic 1, it's such a great little game. Wasn't aware the GG version was improved in various ways, I might grab the 3DS version and give it a playthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
              I love SMS Sonic 1, it's such a great little game. Wasn't aware the GG version was improved in various ways, I might grab the 3DS version and give it a playthrough.
              Yeah, the game Gear version has less hidden death traps and overall a better look. Still tricky though.

Comment

Another view request this week on Battle of the Ports. The almighty Wolfenstein 3D

Comment

Definitive proof that Speccy > C64!

In all seriousness, I’m glad you included the Speccy version as it is tantamount to witchcraft. The MD port is highly impressive too.

Comment

Comment

Where is the Mattel Intellivision, which is my fav version of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Where is the Mattel Intellivision, which is my fav version of the game
                        Did you read the opening text

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Did you read the opening text
                          Not at the time, was just sneaking in viewing on the nightshift before handover

Comment

Same reason probably only one of the two C64 versions was covered
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

There will be a part 2 next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                There will be a part 2 next Saturday.

Don't forget to review this version.... it's excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X