Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    That really is crazy. I hope YouTube don't allow the claim.
    Oh, they will. Victor Japan have even gotten my Ridge Racer video banned in certain countries. Here's the video. can it be seen in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Oh, they will. Victor Japan have even gotten my Ridge Racer video banned in certain countries. Here's the video. can it be seen in the UK?
      This sort of thing really annoys me. YouTube shouldn't allow people to make claims when the music is part of a game that's being reviewed. It would be the same as Nintendo claiming the Super Mario Bros. tune in a review video.

I can watch your Ridge Racer video -- and the music is included. Watching it reminded me how much I dislike Ridge Racer 64.

Comment

It would be the same as Nintendo claiming the Super Mario Bros. tune in a review video.
        They do. Nintendo are the biggest pricks of all. They demonetised one of my videos because I showed 20 seconds of NES Mario. What a F*ing joke! So I'm never covering any Nintendo IP again.

Comment

They demonetised one of my videos because I showed 20 seconds of NES Mario.
          It really is disgusting behaviour. YouTube should protect reviewers from this sort of thing. If someone reviews a game, they shouldn't have to worry about someone making a claim on music featured in the video.

Comment

They do. Nintendo are the biggest pricks of all.So I'm never covering any Nintendo IP again.
            #respect

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              #respect
              Plus: #fairness #common sense

There needs to be respect for people making review videos -- and YouTube needs to use fairness and common sense when it comes to people making claims for any music included in such videos. People shouldn't have to worry about making gaming documentaries and review videos

Comment

Plus: #fairness #common sense

There needs to be respect for people making review videos -- and YouTube needs to use fairness and common sense when it comes to people making claims for any music included in such videos. People shouldn't have to worry about making gaming documentaries and review videos
                Nintendo actions on Youtube and with looking to target Rom sites (that host old games) makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  and with looking to target Rom sites (that host old games) makes me sick.
                  Nintendo should focus on their core business rather than worrying about nerds/geeks playing around with emulators. The way Nintendo is messing about with rom sites and treating YouTube game reviewers so badly is very strange behaviour. that makes me think someone at the company has too much time on their hands.

Probably a 'Rimmer' from Red Dwarf type of person.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-02-2019, 17:42.

Comment

Nintendo won't need to do much if the EU push through that new article

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Nintendo won't need to do much if the EU push through that new article
                      What new artical is that?

Comment

Articles 11 and 13, they make a final vote on it late next month.

It's supposed to put legal rules in place throughout the EU to protect online copyrighted property. It means that 'platforms' will have to pay a fee anytime a link to another site is created. It also could mean that Youtube would have to remove all user generated content that includes copyrighted material that the creator of the video doesn't own, essentially shutting down half the website. If I'm correct in understanding, I wouldn't even be able to link to these articles in the forum, post screenshots etc because Bordersdown doesn't own the copyright to any of them.

The entire thing is about as well thought out as you'd expect:

Article 13 of the EU's new copyright directive has sparked huge controversy online, with YouTube campaigning strongly against the proposal. We explain why

An example in this link is that if you had a video of your kids playing in a sports event you couldn't upload the video online because you wouldn't have the rights to the event.

The usual thing where groups ABC think it'll result in more money for them but groups XYZ know how the internet works, how impossible it is to implement and how severely damaging it would be.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8779101.html

Articles 11 and 13, they make a final vote on it late next month.

It's supposed to put legal rules in place throughout the EU to protect online copyrighted property. It means that 'platforms' will have to pay a fee anytime a link to another site is created. It also could mean that Youtube would have to remove all user generated content that includes copyrighted material that the creator of the video doesn't own, essentially shutting down half the website. If I'm correct in understanding, I wouldn't even be able to link to these articles in the forum, post screenshots etc because Bordersdown doesn't own the copyright to any of them.

The entire thing is about as well thought out as you'd expect:

Article 13 of the EU's new copyright directive has sparked huge controversy online, with YouTube campaigning strongly against the proposal. We explain why

An example in this link is that if you had a video of your kids playing in a sports event you couldn't upload the video online because you wouldn't have the rights to the event.

The usual thing where groups ABC think it'll result in more money for them but groups XYZ know how the internet works, how impossible it is to implement and how severely damaging it would be.
                          bloody hell, that is quite the joke. Hopefully that will never become a reality.

Comment

It also could mean that Youtube would have to remove all user generated content that includes copyrighted material that the creator of the video doesn't own, essentially shutting down half the website. If I'm correct in understanding, I wouldn't even be able to link to these articles in the forum, post screenshots etc because Bordersdown doesn't own the copyright to any of them.
                            Wouldn't it be like pointing a camera at Big Ben and talking about its history, but because you don't own Big Ben, you can't upload the video to YouTube. If it's something like that, then it would be crazy.

When it comes to using bits of copyrighted music and video footage, I think it should be fine in the context of a review, documentary, satire etc.. People should be able to use music and video footage if it's just for illustrative purposes. I think government should be supporting that and standing against corporations who want to completely stop people from making review and documentary videos.

Hopefully common sense and fairness will prevail. It would be a very sad day if things get worse rather than better when it comes to this sort of thing.

Comment

It's pretty much exactly as you describe, so for something like Bordersdown it would effectively mean a ban on links, videos and screenshots

Apparently, the UK government would prefer something even more restrictive than what the EU has planned. It's just the typical thinking MP's etc come up with, they have no concept of how the internet works and keep thinking they can command some kind of control over it that they never will

Comment

Here's a new BOTP for this week that many people requested over the years - WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game.

Comment

Working...
                                X