No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I really do appreciate looking back how creative Atari's games were at this point. Lots of variety and unusual scenarios (especially true of Toobin!).

I'm a big APB fan, the Lynx version in particular was great. I owned three games for the Lynx, APB was my favourite by far.

Comment

I really like the idea of APB, but it's such a hard game.

As soon as you get up to speed, you're going to hit something, you'll rack up the demerits and it's game over.

I think the concept has scope for a modern remake in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
        I have the Lynx version of this, but I rarely play it because I'm even crapper than Yakumo at this game.
        No one can be as bad as me on this game.

Comment

Over the many years of making Retro Core there is one game title that is requested time and time again. that game is Tetris. Tetris would be a very trick show to produce due to the many clones and versions but one day I will get around to it. For now though please enjoy the excellent Tetris Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Over the many years of making Retro Core there is one game title that is requested time and time again. that game is Tetris. Tetris would be a very trick show to produce due to the many clones and versions but one day I will get around to it. For now though please enjoy the excellent Tetris Plus.
            To be honest, and with the greatest of respect, it's probably not worth you bothering.

I only say that because John Linneman recently did an excellent episode of Digital Foundry's DF Retro devoted to nearly the entire history of Tetris. If your Tetris vid isn't as good as that then it would be a waste of time considering the scale of undertaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              To be honest, and with the greatest of respect, it's probably not worth you bothering.

I only say that because John Linneman recently did an excellent episode of Digital Foundry's DF Retro devoted to nearly the entire history of Tetris. If your Tetris vid isn't as good as that then it would be a waste of time considering the scale of undertaking.
              Fair point. I did see that video but it's more of a history while mine will be focused on the Ports of the original base Tetris. I don't know if I can be arsed to be honest.

Comment

Fair point. I did see that video but it's more of a history while mine will be focused on the Ports of the original base Tetris. I don't know if I can be arsed to be honest.
                Also I can't help but feel that John is getting carried away with his hype (2 pairs of lips and he'll kiss himself to death), quite unlike Yakumo

Comment

Yes, I was going to say, if it's only going to cover ports of the arcade Tetris game, then there's a lot less to worry about!
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Also I can't help but feel that John is getting carried away with his hype (2 pairs of lips and he'll kiss himself to death), quite unlike Yakumo
                    Haha, that's kind of a funny image.

Comment

Also I can't help but feel that John is getting carried away with his hype (2 pairs of lips and he'll kiss himself to death)
                      Couldn't disagree more. The games have always taken centre-stage in John's videos.

Even if John were starting to believe his own hype, it would be entirely justified imo - DF Retro is the best thing to have happened to Digital Foundry in a LONG time and I say that as somebody who actually enjoys the content that Rich Leadbetter and his team produce as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Couldn't disagree more. The games have always taken centre-stage in John's videos.

Even if John were starting to believe his own hype
                        I like Rich features and don't mind John's. But he's starting to believe in his own hype on the Forums and the SEGA nerd in me, knows Need For Speed on the Saturn had in-game music and that SEGA Japan did not cancel Sonic X on the Saturn either
                        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 29-11-2018, 20:41.

Comment

I like Rich features and don't mind John's. But he's starting to believe in his own hype on the Forums and the SEGA nerd in me, knows Need For Speed on the Saturn had in-game music and that SEGA Japan did not cancel Sonic X on the Saturn either
                          Actually these are two points that I also noticed. Maybe John was thinking of the Japanese Saturn Need for Speed. From memory that doesn't have music. The PAL version definitely does those. I used to play that game a lot just so I could cause pile ups. Something else which wasn't possible in the Japanese Saturn Nissan version.

Comment

Actually these are two points that I also noticed. Maybe John was thinking of the Japanese Saturn Need for Speed. From memory that doesn't have music. The PAL version definitely does those. I used to play that game a lot just so I could cause pile ups. Something else which wasn't possible in the Japanese Saturn Nissan version.
                            I still have the Pal version and there is music in the game and the Saturn version is fab too .Never played the Japanese version, sounds like they made changes for the worst with the lack of music and pile ups

Comment

Athena, one of the most talked about female Gods. Surly a game based upon her must be good. Right?

Comment

Pink elephants, women's err.... well let's just say in japan culture is very different. Pr.Li.Ru.La on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Working...
                                X