No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunchyroll has made it very easy in recent years to keep on the right side of the law but if something isn't on there I'll resort back to fansubs.

Had to do that the other day with Amagi Brilliant Park.

Comment

Can anyone point me in the right direction of downloading gundam AGE?

I've been out the loop for a while and managed to get Unicorn and builders but every link I find nothing downloads

Or if anyone has the full series It would save me a fair amount of time if a forum its could stick it on some discs for me

Last one I watched fully was gundam seed destiny

Comment

avoid AGE, it starts well but quickly sets it stall to be a kids show first rather than a gundam one, so a lot of the characters are simple and so is the art style/story. It does have the neat plot of generations of gundam pilots and Flit(1st mc) as a very angry, bitter old man going into the 3rd gen is the only highlight where the 3rd MC is complete dogpoop and all the characters they decently set up poop the bed with incredibly bad decisions that just ruin it completely.

Go with 00 for a recent show as its very much like WING, but the quirk is you'll likely end up routing for the none-gundam guys as there better characters(and pilots). Season 2's not as good as season1 though and the film that finishes the story is a terrible(though not required viewing, you could stop at season 1 for a decent ending, and s2 ending isn't all that bad either from what I remember, but most of s2 falls into power creep gundams one upping each).

Comment

Just finished watching the end of log horizon, fantastic really enjoyed it. Every episode was a joy to watch. Can't wait for the next season of it, the story is getting pretty interesting.

On the flipside i sarted watching occult academy, after 7 episodes i deleted the rest off my computer utter garbage the story was something that i would have really enjoyed in theory but every single character was annoying as hell. Annoying obvious tsundere, ditzy clumsy sidekicks & weak and feeble main character made it not remotely enjoyable to watch none of it worked together.
          Last edited by importaku; 10-10-2014, 18:30.

Comment

There are too many shows like that now Importaku.

I too recently finished the last 3 or so episodes of Log Horizon after leaving them since around April. Watched first episode of season 2 also, seems like it will be more interesting and have more focus on the elements of the game - hopefully. Shall be watching with intent.

Comment

I really enjoyed Bleach and have just got all 220 episodes of Naruto, is it worth watching?..

Currently enjoying Akame Ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul, haven't watched past episode 1 of Sword Art Online Season 2, first episode was painfully slow

Gutted Hunter X Hunter has ended, I thought there was a lot more to come from that.. or is there?

Comment

If you like Tokyo Ghoul, track down the manga as its so much better. As for HxH it started up again after a 3 year(I think, could be 4 or 5) hiatus this year to continue the story into the dark continent which is pretty damn interesting and it will mainly focus on Ging/Zodiacs and have Kurapika and Leorio come and go, very little Killa/Gon. No where near enough content to get 7 or so episodes out of it so far and the author took another break.

With Naruto you can cut a lot of that episode count down as terrible filler, best using a online episode guide somewhere to keep to what is in the manga. I stopped watching Naruto Shippuden for the same reasons, filled to the brim with terrible filler.
                Last edited by Tobal; 11-10-2014, 10:05.

Comment

Urgh hate filler episodes, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Just finished watching Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl ep1, 11 minutes of love letter to Sega's consoles and it games, really worth watching if you like anything about Sega. Vocaloid like versions of Mega drive, Saturn and Dreamcast going to sega school to learn about sega.. seems they'll jump into sega games have and interact with the characters, and the work put into the soundeffects is fantastic.

Comment

finished watching most of the new autumn shows.

Akatsuki no Yona - seems to be a princess on the run who will eventually turn into a badass archer? maybe.. china like setting and the characters weren't outstanding but at least it leaves the blood in for the fights which happened, hoping this will turn into some grand war setting but it more likely to be Seirei no Moribito like show (without the animation budget). Nothing outstanding.

Cross Ange - gundam SEED and Code Geass mixed together with cell block H while fighting dragons might look something like this... hopefully it'll keep the female prison "stuff" on the back burner after being full of it for 2eps but after the MC's cowardly actions and getting the red shirts killed (which did make me laugh at the amount of blood) I expect more "punishments". Total trainwreck.

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai - teenager with precog joins the high school "lets be happy" club to find the answers to his dull life with some background plot about being a candidate for an important job. Doesn't seem to be a harem (yet) and nothing from the art to the characters seems to set it apart from the crowd.

Denki-gai no Honya-san - ecchi based comedy show set around a bunch of workers in a anime store, alot of references to other shows and I liked a good amount of the jokes. Fu's initial fetish outing was unexpected and funny, will definitely be watching this one.

Fate Stay Night UBW - 50 minute episodes kept faithful to original art style, and crap ton of budget put into the animation. I've been told UBW suppose to be the best of the 3 main routes and I enjoyed the original so will be looking forward to this one, especially after the good work put into Zero recently.

Garo - some sort of berserk meets karas like show, with "witches/wizards" battling demons in CGI armour, seems they save the budget for the fights every ep so far and the father character is quite rogue. Seems alright enough to give it a 4/5ep treatment.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - school for societies problem kids by the looks of it, not much is given away in the first 2 episodes other than it'll probably get dark as the past and motives of the cast are revealed and the MC might some sort of hitman sent to babysit them. Has all the qualities of SHAFT production(but with more animation) for the use of certain angles and the talky nature of the show, so it feels like i'm watching some spin off monogatari show.

Gundam Build Fighters Try - more of the same but with a new generation(7 years later) and probably tag team play. Should be good.

Gundam RecG ep3 - made even less sense to purposely send all 4 of them out with the prisoner piloting the one of a kind super weapon.... this easily has the stupidest gundam cast to date. And yet I'm still watching it and getting a chuckle out of the little details like the going the toilet in the mecha.

Hitsugi no Chaika S2 - chaika's back with the bro/sis duo fighting the worlds Heroes to retrieve her father remains they took. 1st season was a decent twist of the villain vs goodguy plot and it kept the fights varied and interesting.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - triggers next show after Kill la Kill(even has a cameo), chuuni in a literature club gets actual super powers and its seems to be SoL like show where they deal with everyday life and other awakened super power users around the school(possibly city). very well animated and I enjoyed the fast paced nature of it to.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - fantasy war anime, hopefully it'll get into politics, grand strategy and economics once the 1st battle is over, seems decent enough to give it a good run.

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - shoujo with the MC girl caught in a lie, relying on the "prince" character to help her out, problem is he's sadistic so a lot of the shows dynamic comes from this, different enough thanks to the prince character not being some goodie two shoes.

PSYCHO-PASS s2 - Akame back but a total badass with the experience of s1 behind her, intro seems to suggest we might see the old MC back at some point for the over arcing plot but for now it likely to be more murder/terrorist cases caused/triggered by the next hue avoiding psycho.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - really well animated middle school romance show, nerd kid loses love of music might find it again after meeting the music autistic, fun loving girl.

Shingeki no Bahamut - very much like a high fantasy version of samurai champloo, very well animated so I really hope they didn't blow the entire budget on episode 1, as it could be really good.

Shirobako - SoL about the workings of an animation studio and the relationships and scuffles around it. Enjoyable show, and worth watching.

Sora no Method - mc girl returns to her hometown after mother passes away, and has a reunion the alien she forget about. Likely to more about restoring lost friendships with other humans she was friends with as a kid who are still around town.

Trinity Seven - magic battle harem high school show (I think), no actual fights yet but he's likely to fight something to get back his family and befriend the 7 best magic users in the school who happen to be girls.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - was thinking it would another high school romance show with a strange CGI models drawn over style. After 2 episodes it starting to look a lot darker. Worth a punt as its likely to turn into some Steins-gate like show.

Parasyte - real creepy invaders like show, with alien bug taking over humans and the killing(+gore) that comes after. It you ever wanted to know where all those face splitting, head eating monster memes came from its this manga, now turned anime.

World Trigger - seems a typical battle shounen with border patrol fighting off other dimensional invaders.

Terrorformers - its is trashy manga to begin with, with its only redeeming featuring being the over the top violence (like MD Geist or genocyber), which results in half the anime's running time being blacked out. Bravo, it was going to be total **** before but this just makes it worse.

Comment

Is that Bahamut anime genuinely a TV adaptation of that no-gameplay iOS card "game"?

Or is it just unfortunate enough to have the same name?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Is that Bahamut anime genuinely a TV adaptation of that no-gameplay iOS card "game"?

Or is it just unfortunate enough to have the same name?
                          Wiki says it is, at least it has absolutely no card battling in the anime, it's all sword buckling and demon slaying.

Comment

Shingeki no Bahamut ep2 - not quite the animation budget of the 1st episode but it had it where it needed it and the op is pretty good to. Could be pretty damn good with Favaro as the lead, though I do think he'll need some sort of powerup if he's to survive the demons, angels, knights and dragons seen so far unless its just about him barely surviving while running away which could be a lot of fun.

Comment

Acquired Kishin Houkou Demonbane to watch sometime. 12 eps and nonsense mech action, thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                Shingeki no Bahamut ep2 - not quite the animation budget of the 1st episode but it had it where it needed it and the op is pretty good to. Could be pretty damn good with Favaro as the lead, though I do think he'll need some sort of powerup if he's to survive the demons, angels, knights and dragons seen so far unless its just about him barely surviving while running away which could be a lot of fun.
                                It won't be a fair adaptation unless it looks gorgeous, has no real content other than pretty visuals, only lets you watch in 5-minute bursts and the main character ultimately succeeds by paying a trickle that eventually becomes a thousand pounds to acquire a folder of JPGs that cease to exist when the game eventually closes in 2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X