Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    (who should be happy it exists really).
    Personally, I'm not. But I'm against videogame-anime translations in the first place, the problem with BB is that there isn't much money going around, the studio itself is not particularly good, and that they really really really need to come up with good battles...even the cutscenes in the game failed that, and from CT they became progressively worse in terms of overall quality.

Comment

Settled into main must watches this season (outside sequels to Valvrave, Ippo(skip to the fights) and Magi) Kill La Kill, Log Horizon, Kyoukai no Kanata, Kyousougiga and Non Non Biyori. And the second string shows of Gundam BF, Yuushibu, Noukome, Golden Time, and Yozakura Quartet stored for when I can find time to watch them.

Samurai Flamenco ep1/2 - I thought I was in for a super sentai show but it turns into a less violent version of Kickass, will probably pick it back up if improves beyond telling off umbrella thieves.

Hanasaku Iroha the Movie - Feels more like a 3eps of the show taped together for an hour long special, set before the ending of the tv show and mainly deals with Ohana's mum past, and a few present day subplots involving strife with the rest of the cast. Makes me just want more of the TV show.

Comment

I'm really enjoying Outbreak Company this season - watching Kyoukai no Kanata in addition to that though.

Comment

I dropped outbreak for the similar themed yuushibu. I think what jarred with me the most after 3eps was japan preaching tolerance and racisim to others, specially over the culturally "important" export of moe anime...

I would definitely get into log horizon, a better version of SAO with out the one man army crap and instead use of mmo tactics and economics.

Comment

Finished off B Gata H Kei today - made me feel pretty nostalgic. Also finding Kyoukai no Kanata really enjoyable at the moment. Hope this continues.

Comment

Watched the newest episode of Blazeblue: Alter Memory today and it finally got a proper opening (wonder why it took 4 episodes though?) The story's paper thin even though it takes the material from the series' story mode portions of the games and pretty much seems to break into a mixture of character fights and extracts of character musical themes/background music from the game almost every other minute or two.

It won't do anything new for game to anime adaptations but the art direction is nice and it may provide ample fan service for Blazeblue followers. Time will tell if it'll see more than an initial series though.

P.S Trust this show to only have one female character that isn't hyper, a crybaby or the stereotypical dojiko from almost every anime ever. Perhaps I'll see an adult version of Rachel in the series yet?
              Last edited by Paddy; 04-11-2013, 00:02.

Comment

It being a video game tie in makes me not even want to attempt watching it.

Comment

Its very haphazard which is a shame. Had equal effort been put into the story and pacing as had the art direction it would be on a good footing. As it stands its everywhere. Perhaps a case where following the franchise's story mode hasn't really helped it.

I feel a good short series could be made from the Blazeblue world, perhaps an OVA with 6 episodes or something like we used to get and were awesome (Like FLCL, Moldiver, Murder Princess and Ruin Explorers). Wishful thinking, mind.

Comment

Came across natsume yuujinchou, another one im falling for. I love youkai so this anime is hitting all the right buttons for me, so frustrating how many other hidden gems im missing out on. I seem to stumble upon most series by total accident.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Came across natsume yuujinchou, another one im falling for. I love youkai so this anime is hitting all the right buttons for me, so frustrating how many other hidden gems im missing out on. I seem to stumble upon most series by total accident.
                      You'll have 4 seasons of goodness to get through then, usually favourite for a few in this thread when a appears every few years. I think I remember the Fox Club and the backstory with the tree demon being standout eps (among many).

Comment

Just started reading Shingeki no Kyojin after all the kids in Japanese Club started on about it. Almost done the first volume and it's...okay I guess. Have some eps of the anime to watch, but wonder what all the fuss is about tbh.

Also have Valvrave and Senran Kagura lined up to forget to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Just started reading Shingeki no Kyojin after all the kids in Japanese Club started on about it. Almost done the first volume and it's...okay I guess. Have some eps of the anime to watch, but wonder what all the fuss is about tbh.

Also have Valvrave and Senran Kagura lined up to forget to watch.
                          Its no Berserk, but its been a while since we had a good seinen title with a fantasy theme be a hit the mainstream anime viewers and one day we'll get Vinland Saga (unless you count Jojo).

As for Valvrave its a an entertaining train-wreck like Code Geass/Guilty Crown and as the 2nd part of season 1 comes to end soon with the body count is rising fast. Senran Kagura is just so terrible couldn't make it past ep3 or 4, there are better fan service fighty shows out there.

Comment

Finished up Kyoukai no Kanata and Outbreak Company today. Loved them both, although Outbreak Company could easily have had more episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Finished up Kyoukai no Kanata and Outbreak Company today. Loved them both, although Outbreak Company could easily have had more episodes.
                              Kyoukai no Kanata ending was ermmm quite something. I felt they could easily have stretched it to 21/22 eps with some more light hearted monster hunting antics but they really zipped into the final arc hard,

the be fair the setup was all done in the previous episodes and the reveal between Kanata and the Big Sister was well done, so it makes the ending stick out like sore thumb when nothing explain how she survived, the reason to reveal the Big Sisters hosting a dreamshade or why villains ultimate goal to seemingly make his own dreamshade host powerful (to what end?).

Definitely a improvement over Munto the last action show they did, but this kind of show need more world building for the characters so i can get attached to them as outside of the 2 MC's i really didn't hoot who did and didn't die.

Didn't keep up with Outbreak for reasons i posted before, but did read they actually included it in the plot at the end to my surprise. May give it a 2nd chance.

Samurai Flamenco - is a right crazy show, it just completely jumps tracks after 6 or so episodes. From a nicer version of Kickass into

Kamen Rider with people dying all over the place... i thought it was some sort of movie set or dream SF was having they way it just comes out of nowhere with no explanation, but it carries on with the jump to Super Sentai/Power Ranger for the last couple of episodes.. they still have 10 odd eps to go so no idea where they escalate it to from here.. super hero stuff generally stops at the combining super robot stage.

Noukome had the usual harem no end, and its unlikely to get a sequel so that's the end of that, really strong 1st half but mission stuff got in the way of comedy by introducing some crappy drama last few eps.

Kill la Kill, Valvrave, Golden time, Non Non Biyori, Gundam BF and Log Horizon are main favs still left, with KLK getting to that NEXT LEVEL stage TTGL had when it moved forward in plot, looking forward to seeing new characters/rest of the world. And Nagi no Asukara kept my interest with the dark tone

(worlds ending so well go to sleep and possibly wake up in the future after all the lander lubbers be dead)

sipping through as went along with the usual romance/drama triangle stuff.
                              Last edited by Tobal; 23-12-2013, 00:51.

Comment

Been a while, I've seen nothing of note but since I'm hyped to all hell: Mushishi is getting a second series in April to add to the 1 hour OVA which airs right about now-ish.

Additionally, Tobal, skimming through, I can't see it mentioned but Yamato 2199 is meant to be well worth your investment if you can track it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X