No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i think that's all of Osama ranking as it very much feels like a final episode but not the end of the story absolutely love it. It feels like the first step in a much grander adventure i'm guessing there will be more in the future there's still the thing with Oukens's curse not been lifted and the actual ousama ranking of

Boji's own kingdom that he is about to build

Spoilered that last part in case you haven't seen ep 23 yet.

Comment

pretty disappointed with where One Piece is going with the reveals in the last 2 chapters (1044/45), Luffy was already pretty 'special' being a 'D', being Garps grandson, Dragons Son, having Conquerors Haki, now it's decided Luffy needs more and basically turned him into Bugs Bunny.

I wasn't being entertained by the Luffy vs Kadio for the longest time and now they suck all the tension out of the fight with this god mode, the fight becomes more looney toons than One Piece as ever been, and certainly nothing like this has ever happened in the final boss fight of each arc. Making the Gomu Gomu a secret Zoan fruit, the Human model is just daft ****, and they add on top it was used by Joyboy and seems to be the fruit of the rebellion against the powers that be for 500 years.

Comment

I sympathise with what you've mentioned above but it looks like its moving away from the Looney Tunes style and going back to the epic battle that it should be once again (see the last page of chapter 1046 for what I'm referring to).

Its moments like these that make me glad I still read One Piece. Lucy is a bit of a happy idiot in general but he really flourishes in battle, learning as he goes and improving during some of his more series battles in the series (see Vs Lucci, Doflamingo and Katakuri).

Some have suggested that given what we are being shown now we're going too get some epic awakenings due Akainu, Blackbeard and other high-level characters. I'm actually looking forward to what's in store for the next year (watch Shanks just be a regular guy with the strongest will).

Comment

Read some hype about 1015 episode of One Piece, so i checked it and really enjoyed. Surprised they put so much budget into a none fight, it was well paced (for once), directed and adds new extras here and there that heavily suggest Yamato is joining them the Strawhats after the wano arc is over. Really loved the envisioning of Ace's words by Yamato with the line up of Roger, Whitebeard and Oden. Worth a watch as someone that only reads the manga and is sick of the wano arc.

Looks like a recapp next episode , hopefully they're buying time to kept up the quality for the start of the Emperors fight, would be nice if they managed this kind of pacing, direction and animation till the end, but that won't happen. I'll likely tune in again if anymore good episodes turn up, nostalgia hard to beat when they throw out "He Who Can Not Forgive" during the yamato/ace parting and the some 'We Are' at the end.

Comment

Everyone please divert your attention to Ya Boy Kongming!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Everyone please divert your attention to Ya Boy Kongming!
              I've watched the first 2eps and quite enjoyed it, applying his 'historical' strategy to being manager for a idol/singer is quite fun so far. I do hope other Rot3k characters turn up, like Sima Yi managing someone else.

Comment

Onepiece is on fire at the moment, Luffy's next gear has appeared & so has his awakened devil fruit power. It's a very meta ability considering the onrpiece story is told via manga & anime also with the ability for it to affect the environment like donflamingos power. I can't wait to see this animated it's going to be mental.

Comment

Just caught up with EP1028 of Onepiece holy crap the animation is going through the roof the Kaido fight between Luffy is getting some amazing scenes. Watching Luffy in the first stages of starting to fully awaken his power gave me literal goosebumps annoying that Law was the only one so far to see it i'd have loved for Zoro to have witnessed it. When Luffy fully awakens his devilfruit it's going to be crazy to watch it get animated, special mention goes to the music & sound effects i love the sound when ryu-oh activates the way he reflects back while in battle learning and adapting is really cool.
                  Last edited by importaku; 07-08-2022, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Just caught up with EP1028 of Onepiece holy crap the animation is going through the roof the Kaido fight between Luffy is getting some amazing scenes. Watching Luffy in the first stages of starting to fully awaken his power gave me literal goosebumps annoying that Law was the only one so far to see it i'd have loved for Zoro to have witnessed it. When Luffy fully awakens his devilfruit it's going to be crazy to watch it get animated, special mention goes to the music & sound effects i love the sound when ryu-oh activates the way he reflects back while in battle learning and adapting is really cool.
                    keep us (me) updated on what boss fight are well animated, not watched since that one off watch of 1015, 17 and 18. Imagine they will the save the budget now or the end of big mom and kaido as they already go back into stalling time for RED film tie in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      keep us (me) updated on what boss fight are well animated, not watched since that one off watch of 1015, 17 and 18. Imagine they will the save the budget now or the end of big mom and kaido as they already go back into stalling time for RED film tie in.
                      They are definitely using all the budget for the kaido & big mom fights not quite onepiece movie level but the effects have been fantastic so far. Next week back to filler episode so no idea when the next non filler will be but least onepieces fillers are actually enjoyable unlike naruto's hellfest of fillers in fillers. Was interesting to see one of big moms powers that you don't usually get to see where she created something new not sure what the goddess dots on her forehead when she used it were meant to symbolize but i'm sure it's just japanese mythology the same way luffys steam looks like a goddess scarf floating around him when he activates 4th gear.

Comment

Autumn Season is a month away and it's looking like a big season like we use to have pre covid.

*Bleach returns to do the final arc

*MOB Psycho s3 (will probably be the best show of the season)

*Chainsaw man, big hype for this.

*My Hero S6 - i think it's the Hero raid arc which should be a return to form, the manga's in what looks like the final arc and it is storming it with the few fights done so far with art,action and stakes.

*new Gundam show Witch from Mercury, prologue on the official gundam youtube with subs, seems to have swapped out newtypes for humanism which isn't far off the system used in Orphans.

*Pop Team Epic returns for s2

*Spy X Family s2

*Blue Lock gets an anime

*Urusei Yatsura remake

*Yama no Susume next season (personal SOL fav over the last decade)

*Uzaki-chan s2

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          *Urusei Yatsura remake
                          I think this is going to absolutely smash it. It'll be huge.

But I'm partial to more Uzaki-chan, because I'm human trash

Comment

Most of the big stuff came out, short review

Bleach (1000 year blood war) - Looked great, mostly a short introduction to remind us of the Human side (Ichi, Uryu, Chad, Hime) before showing the opening shot across the bow for Soul Society, loved the nostalgia baiting music, animation quality is pretty high but i'm not expecting them to keep it up if its going a full rumoured 100+ eps like Dai just has. Outro was pretty long, not sure if they'll keep for future eps, looking forward to whatever the opening turns out to be.

Chainsaw Man - very enjoyable, i can see this getting Attack on Titan big and it has Mappa working on it. poor orphaned teen working off a debt forms a contract with a devil to become chainsaw man, and hopefully live out his dreams of eating toast with jam on it and having sex before he dies.

MOB s3 - super intro yet again just like s1 and 2, episode was a reintroduction of the main characters and alittle reminder of what psychic power does. Again superbly animated like the previous seasons.

My hero s6 - bored me so far, probably doesn't help knowing what's going to happen and i don't remember any stand out fights in what is about to happen. Looked quite poor next in the art and animation department compared to the 3 previously mentioned.

Gundam Witch of Mercury - has a high school setting this time and female lead, seems alright and quite different to what gundam has done in decades.. i think i remember Recon:G starting in training school of sorts... seems to be very popular outside the mecha niche for once. Hopefully Gundam cliché of the penny drops and everything goes to hell will come in at some point.

Comment

Been catching up seeing as there's a few new shows to watch i was looking forward to chainsaw man but i find the simp undertones really offputting so far watched the first 3 episodes when the main protagonist's only ambition is to cop a feel of some boobs it's a bit sad really i love the style and animation but this kind of virgin fantasy fanservice i'm finding a bit cringey which is why i really dont enjoy harem anime that much either. I'll keep with it hoping it improves i'm praying the whole manga isn't nothing but this and it evolves into a good story, glad that mob psycho 100 is on season 3 it's one of the shows l adore the animation style reminds me of one punch man in parts but i love the weird sparkly sticker effect when powers activate it's a very unique animation style. I enjoy that it's not all psychic battle yet it's just mob learning to deal with school life while juggling the psychic stuff but i'm hoping things escalate as it goes on.

Onepiece contines to be amazing fun, i'm gonna be devastated when this show eventually ends. Still waiting for that junji ito horror anime to surface as well it was supposed to be out by now last i heard.

Comment

Bleach ep6, waiting for this fight since it restarted. Commander takes the stage and it's a great fight, the Southern power didn't look as good as the manga for obvious reasons of the amount of work it would take draw that in pure 2D, but everything else was superb.

MOB s3 ep4-6, fantastic little mini arc for MOB and Dimple, crazy amount of animation and man that ending

enjoying everything else im watching like Chainsaw Man and Gundam. Tensei ****ara Ken De****a is a nice little surprise, well animated, quite a large amount of gore and alot of fun, man reincarnated as a sword and teams up with Cat Girl is slay fantasy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X