No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched all the Yamato remake, very enjoyable, the fights with the submarine crew and the capable enemy commander made for great viewing. Probably the 3-4 month gap between each release made me forget. And i'll certainly watch out for Mushishi.

Couple of shows finished to make room for the start of winters releases. Valvrave had a terrible ending, enough to make not want to recommend it to even those that enjoyed the trainwrecks of code geass and guilty crown, they really seemed to not give a single Fck about characters/story at the end.

the Christmas break I skipped the usual Aria rewatch and watched some of the 1 cruor shows I dropped/stored.

Galilei Donna, a decent showing until it got a bit to stupid with the villain just murdering people infront of the good guys when they had guns to shoot him to, but just let him carry on knee capping and executing. Then by the end you get incest time travelling and courtroom case to wrap all the crap up Scooby do style. Avoid.

Yozakura Quartet - decent show mainly due to the insane amounts of animation budget they throw into the fights(which happen almost every episode) and the obscene amount of fan service .

Gingitsune - only watched about half of it but from a strong natsume vibe ist gone in to some standard friend making show with the demons/gods pushed the background by ep7, couple more to go so not sure what they'll do with the rest of the story as nothing seems to be happening at all.

ABS-Ars Nova - got up to ep5, feels very much like the for mentioned Yamato but with a smaller crew and actually in the sea, the submarine even got it's own version of the wave motion cannon. CGI not great but does the job well enough.

----

As for winters shows, most looking forward to continuing Kill la Kill, Golden Time, Log Horizon and Nagi no Asukara(later seems to be getting a timeskip after drama filled cliffhanger for ep13). And new stuff:

Chuuni s2
    Seitokai Yakuindomo s2 (crazy this ever got 2nd season)
    Space Dandy
    Silver Spoon s2
    Robot Girls Z
    and whatever becomes of the daikon film sequel gainax are making and HunterXHunter: Last Mission film.

Comment

Mushishi season 2 news makes me very happy. Can't wait for that. Probably only other anime sequel news that would make me as happy is a continuation of FMP or NANA. I suppose new stuff like Amanchu and/or Sangatsu no Lion would also do the trick. That's probably asking for too much though.

Been getting back to watching anime after another extended break. I've got a backlog of a backlog now. Beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
        Mushishi season 2 news makes me very happy. Can't wait for that. Probably only other anime sequel news that would make me as happy is a continuation of FMP or NANA. I suppose new stuff like Amanchu and/or Sangatsu no Lion would also do the trick. That's probably asking for too much though.

Been getting back to watching anime after another extended break. I've got a backlog of a backlog now. Beyond ridiculous.
        Rocker Nana seems to be playing a friends role in Golden Time to one of the main characters, its very much her character but as whether or not its set in the NANA universe is unknown. FMP situation makes me sad, getting close to 10 years since second raid.

Comment

Watched a few of the first new shows out.

Witch Craft Works - Witch on Witch combat in a high school over some boy, so it'll probably turn in to some Harem after each witch is beaten, well animated at least and will give a few episodes to see if its still entertaining.

Noragami - Gods and spirits fighting it out, seems similar to how early bleach use to be before the soul society arc. A unknown(and homeless) god is trying to make a name for himself by completing wishes for human and fighting bad spirits, again well animated and the 2 MC's seems likable enough.

Seitokao Yakuindomo S2 - more lewd sex jokes in amongst slice of life high school stuff. I'm really confused as to where they got the budget to make such good looking and well animated episode... I hope they haven't blown the lot on the 1st episode. Enjoyed the return of the squid setup.

Space Dandy - i thought i was in for some space cobra meets Cowboy bebop, and while it kinder looks like that but it seems more like a send up for all sci-fi in general and it certainly doesn't take itself seriously. Really enjoyed the 1st episode and recommend to watch it. Also pretty sure one of the gaint mecha in the opening looks like Ideon which could mean universe getting blown to ****.

Nobunaga the Fool - Warring states Japan fought with mecha, on the backdrop of 2 split worlds fighting each over a West vs East setup so we get the likes of Joan of Arc, King Arthur and Da vinci fighting Nobunaga, Shingen and Takada, absolutely bonkers.
          Last edited by Tobal; 05-01-2014, 23:24.

Comment

Just started watching Strike the Blood and it's ok so far

Comment

I watched a thing about a girl with a chastity belt and she gets possessed by a ghost that wishes to copulate with her brother.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I watched a thing about a girl with a chastity belt and she gets possessed by a ghost that wishes to copulate with her brother.
                Yeah... just watched that myself

Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga

. It's firmly in the SisXSis bracket of ecchi behaviour(seems ATX is censored to, so BD for everything), but at least the 3 MC's here are more likeable based on the first episode... but really another damned siscon show.

Sonico - bland and boring, guess this is one for the fans of autotune music and she doesn't seem to have much "character" beyond a gullible chubby titty monster.

Noragami - we get 2 Oda Nobunaga shows this season, similar to the other it features historical figures fighting stuff.. they all kind come off as Read or Die villains. Plenty of blood and guts for the art style which is an unusual sight and who does like a maniacally laughing future Nobunaga(in a girls body) firing a minigun arm.

Tonari no Seki-kun - 5 min short eps, kid at the back of the class makes up distractions for himself to get through boring school lessons and ropes in his desk neighbour who can't look away in equal amount of shock and awe. I liked it and the ED is great.

Pilots Love Song - no idea going in to this show but I looks like it could get pretty epic, 3 countries have this floating island tied up and they build city and airforce camp+training school on it, then send it off to see where floats to. From the intro and the way they introduce the other cadet pilots this definitely going to be similar to soukou no strain, and have friends die horribly till few are left.

Comment

I probably shouldn't be starting on too many new shows but I couldn't help it with Tonari no Seki-kun. I enjoyed what I read of the manga and even though I don't normally watch the shows composed of 5-minute long episodes I think the format works really well with this source material. Good adaptation overall. Nice use of humour in the OP and ED. Looking forward to more of the antics.

Comment

I don't usually get into 5 min shows, but I really enjoyed Aiura and Yama no Susume a few seasons back so I check them out now and then.

Other new shows

Buddy Complex - sunrises next mecha show, so expect more high schoolers jumping into mechs, this one featuring time travel. Art and animation are pretty poor for a sunrise show, so it smells like a time slot filler so hopefully they'll take some chances with the plot.

D-Frag - high school comedy, freshmen highschooler known for being a thug ends up joining the game creation club, got a quite a few laughs out of me so i'm gonna stick with it for now.

Hamatora - detective/fighting shounen show with the fighting rules from Darker than Black, and art direction similar to those recent persona titles. Seems alright.

Comment

Few more

Engaged to the Unidentified - fairly bland high school romance/comedy revolving around a prearranged marriage.

Hozuki no Restetsu - slice of life about bureaucracy in hell and its many departments. Pretty decent and has a nice attention to detail.

Magical Warfare - high school kids dragged in to a fight with people from a magic world, ended with Hogwarts. Apart from the weird faces which seem alitte to wide and the completely stupid bamboo sword vs big sharpe sword, it was a kinder alright.. any magic that makes tits grow bigger is alright by me.

ZX ingnition - seems to be hotpot of various shounen fighting+ jojo'esk stands. Demons invade earth, kill millions, get given a stupid name, flashward 3 years and now with have persona'esk battles and various coloured world armies fighting each other for some reason. Art is pretty terrible and I was pretty confused throughout.

Comment

Have just signed up to crunchyroll and would like to know what people would suggest to watch

Comment

What are you looking for, slice of life, comedy, romance, drama, action-adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, fighting, mecha, 1-crour, 2crour, long running, completed shows, new airing?

Anything you've seen before you liked?

Comment

Last few to go.

Nisekoi- high school comedy/romance. Felt a Toradora vibe with MC pair (wussy/yakuza looking bloke and violent girl). Can see what it will do plot wise straight away with the love triangle but the interactions between the pair kept me entertained. Good animation to.

No-RIn - the 2nd agriculture school show, seems it will follow a group of 5 mainly made up of idiots and has that chubby art style SL like to use in the likes of Bakatest and Kokoro Connect. Its no Silver Spoon but it seems likable enough.

Sakura Trick - High school comedy/romance but taking the themes of YuriYuru and Yuyushiki touched on but never committed on, and driving it home the entire episode.

Sekai Seifuku/World Conquest - interestingly follows an "Evil" Organisation setting out to conquer the world, MC ends up becoming a regular lackey in the leaders army. Seems like it could be a lot of fun, the main cast of badguys seem varied/interesting and I enjoyed the episode a lot.

Wake up Girls- idol show, doesn't quite have that vibrant look you find in idolmaster or lovelive and I take remember who is who, so there really is a good reason have stupid hair colours in large cast . Need to watch the hour long "7 idols" ova first as ep1 picks up after it. As for it being a Yamakan show im surprised how bad the art and animation are (outside the dancing and out of the blue panty shots).

--

Older Stuff.

Kill la Kill ep13 - when it rains it pours, Ryuko

just got Metroid'ed, so im really looking forwarded to a return to her being the underdog with single piece of godrobe Satsuki left her with to rebuild it.

Comment

Finished the last episode of Natsume yuujinchou it was a great series, wonder if there will be more as the last episode didn't seem to be like an end. Watched a few new ones tonight, Doraemon the movie: Nobita no himitsu dougu museum been wanting to see that one for ages & it didn't disappoint, i never tire of Doraemon.

Also got to see the first episode of youkai watch, story deviates a little from the game & is a lot more light hearted. Wisper is a hell of a lot funnier in the anime too, has vibes of gegege no kitaro. Managed with the raw but would prefer subs luckily one group has said they will pick it up for fansubbing. Hope to see many more episodes.

Comment

Working through Shingeki no Kyojin. It's okay, but it's no GaoGaiGar/Gurren Lagann.

Comment

Working...
                                X