Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    It was my most anticipated anime when they announced it as i'm a big fan of the manga, so happy madhouse have given it proper treatment, just was not expecting them to go overboard for it. All demons must die!

Looking forward to the mage exam and Denken turning up but thats not likely till the second half of season 1 next year.

After last season being an almost total washout, there are quite a few shows i'm enjoying like Jujutsu Kaisen continuation with the Shibuya Incident, MF Ghost (initial D sequel), Shangri-La Frontier and Under Ninja. Also like Goblin Slayer s2 and Oldman does VRMMO, both cheap in art and animation but i enjoy them.
    I'm really enjoying MF Ghost too. It has led to me starting a complete Initial D rewatch which is also a ton of fun.

Comment

winter season just started and thankfully Frieren restarted for the second half after a weeks break with a new OP and ED (and another top episode), and bless the lord they kept (a slightly remixed) Anytime, Anywhere for the ED song, it's a super rare experience to see a show keep a song while having a new animation. Looking forward to meeting Denken, Ubel and the rest of new cast.

Looking at the new stuff coming in, i would definitely recommend Delicious in Dungeon (Dungeon Meshi), the manga which finish middle of last year is fantastic a story about being self-sufficient eating monsters in a dungeon while trying to save a friend left behind. However Trigger (with netflicks money) are handling it which isn't really their wheel house to do SOL/comedy with a little bit of action, there current output for 'good' animation is always quite off key animation with tons of angle changes and also alot of odd colour choices. Having watched ep1, i can't put my worries to rest just yet as there was no action, but they mostly got the comedic timing down which i thought they would mess up.

Kind of interested in how A-1 adept Solo-Leveling from Korean to japanese, it's pure wish fulfilment power fantasy that starts out quite fun and turns in to total nonsense once the Ruler stuff is done...

Comment

Onepiece going in hard to the start of the new year, already set up for egghead island. Loving the new intro & ending songs, the weapon the goverment used to totally obiterate lulusia was genuinely unsettling the power scaling to even be able to attempt to counter something like that is going to be amazing to see.

Comment

Sousou no Frieren finished at ep 28, man that feeling of loss when you've finished a truly great show, easily up there along side the Lord of the Rings trilogy for best fantasy.

Comment

Working...
          X