No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Wolf Children, it was ballin'.

Though I'm a huge fan of the director's previous work such as Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. With good reason, they're all great films.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Working through Shingeki no Kyojin. It's okay, but it's no GaoGaiGar/Gurren Lagann.
      Not sure anything can match the high energy levels that Tengen Toppa Guren Lagaan carries throughout.

Finishing watching Blazblue: Alter Memory and Suisei no Gargantia. Former is somewhat of a mess which is a shame and the latter is actually quite nice tbh. After that who knows what to watch? Perhaps Nobunaga The Fool to see how out there it goes.

Comment

Kill La Kill seems to be reaching TTGL from what I've been hearing.

Comment

As of the 2nd eps of both Nobunaga shows, Nobunagun is the better. The sound effects on the gun shots and Newton gravity leg hammer thing are fantastic.

Comment

Have just watched the 1st ep of Nobunagun it's ok will watch the 2nd ep tomorrow. Also upto date on Strike the Blood and am liking that show

Comment

Gonna check out Space Dandy later today.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                Gonna check out Space Dandy later today.
                Hope you enjoy it. Seems alot of people went in expecting a semi-serious scifi show like cowboy bebop but got the goofy adventures of space ace instead. As of ep2 it seems it will stay to self contained stories with threads from previous eps continuing over like new crew or the bad guys looking for dandy.

My favourite moment so far is dandy's attempt at gun slinging and brushing it off in ep1.

Comment

Just seen boths eps, I fall into the former crowd who were hoping for at least a bit of depth but this is too shallow comic based nonsense, its not even that funny. The best bit was the Scarlet fight scene in ep 2. I wont be watching anymore. Animation is ok though.

Comment

ZOMG Doraemon has gone cgi, it looks both amazing & a little weird as im used to seeing them as basic anime style. Oh how i wish i could see this at the cinema in 3D but im going to have to wait a year or so for it to appear on dvd/bluray

Comment

Just finished both episodes of Magical Warfare and thought it was ok and i also watched Witch Craft Works thought that was fine

Comment

Just seen Ep2 of youkai watch, hillarious doesn't begin to cover it. A ghost that can affect people to make them spill their secrets is causing problems especially when it's attached to Fumie & she spots Keita taking a dump at school & proceeds to tell eveyone in the classroom about it. The worst taboo about been at school is taking a dump nobody dared do one at our school at all LOOL.

Really liking it so far, not just a anime rendition of the games story it's got more going for it. Hope it stays as funny as it is.

Comment

I've been watching Shingeki no Kyojin today, up until about episode 11. I'm not really sure how it's going to pan out but it has my interest.

Also this week's Ippo was really entertaining.

Comment

With all this seasons shows featuring magic or witches I missed Wizard Barristers completely thinking it was something else, features magical detective work, fighting and court-cases. Using that art style ARMS use for the likes of Kite and Mezzo-forte(dsa) so it has a very late 90's, early 00's vibe and as normal for them the animation is pretty good, unless they spend the entire budget in the 1st couple of episodes like DSA

This weeks Gundam BF was fantastic, despite the no war setting(unless they go mad with the origin of the particles) they've created a lot of likable characters, some fantastic and well animated fights every other episode and some great fan-service with all the custom gunpla. Puts the last decade of gundam shows to shame (looking at you AGE, Destiny and 00 s2)

Think i'm set for the new shows for my go to's, everything else I'll store or drop.

Chuuni S2, Silver spoon s2, Noragami, wake up girls, Seitokai Yakuindomo s2(bleep), space dandy, Pilots love Song and Tonari no Seki-kun.

Along with last seasons Kill la Kill, Gundam BF, Golden Time, Magi s2, Log Horizon, Nagi no Asukara, Ippo(just watching the fights) and re picked up Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens. too much...

Comment

Finished SnK. Obviously it isn't finished. Felt a bit devoid of reasoning for the most part. Was a good enough watch though.

Non Non Biyori and Berserk are next on my watch list when I finish Breaking Bad..

Comment

Just watched this weeks Witch Craft Works it was pretty good i am enjoying that show, still need to watch last weeks episode of Strike the Blood and Wizard Barristers

Comment

Working...
                                X