User Tag List

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 42505152
    @Blobcat So would you recommend conventions as the best place to sell manga? I have an absolute ton to get rid of, some still wrapped and unread, but the shipping kills it, especially when Amazon can post it essentially for free.

Quote Originally Posted by _SD_ View Post
    @Blobcat So would you recommend conventions as the best place to sell manga? I have an absolute ton to get rid of, some still wrapped and unread, but the shipping kills it, especially when Amazon can post it essentially for free.
    Selling at conventions is a bit of a mixed bag.

Bring and buy stalls rather than independent/ brand sellers are one of my main reasons I go to cons. There is such a mix of what you can find, retro, trending, a rare gem or something completely random.

If you are expecting to make your money back what you paid, don't even think it. After many years going to cons we have found a good system that works for us, which is to make 2 piles.

One is stuff we don't want to take back so sell cheap (for manga I tend to put 50p or bundle series up where they are less than £1 per book.)
    The second is stuff we don't mind taking back which is given a reasonable pricetag(still cheaper than Ebay/ new) . We did very well this year selling all my manga except for 2 which one I got for 50p last year (I gave that away for free to staff in the end) and a large print of a Clamp manga which was in Japanese (already had manga, thought it was an artbook). I sold my Love Hina collection finally after slashing the 14 volume series down to £10 I think? And I sold the 23 volume (+fan book) of Fruits basket for £40 almost immediately as I placed it on the table as the seller wanted it. Out of 43 items we sold 32, gave away I think 6 items to the gofers running the stand and came home with the rest that should sell another time. Most of my manga in this category were priced £1-3 each.

I dont have any experience selling manga outside of conventions. I buy quite a lot online new/ used manga from Amazon mainly, sometimes AbeBooks or Ebay if I'm after specific volumes so they get a lot of business from me in a year.

Pokémon: The Power of Us coming to select cinemas in the UK: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...r_and_december

Edit: Just booked the tickets for 24th November, off to see the pokemans for my birthday again. Although it is a bit later this year...
    Last edited by _SD_; 02-10-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Summer season has finished, mostly pleased as my current favorite genre(thanks to konosuba), good friends being bastards to each others because they can, which is quite prevalent this season in Asobi Asobose, Chiyo-chan and Grand blue.

Good:
    Asobi Asobase
    Chiyo School Road
    Yama no Suzume s3
    High Score Girl
    Attack on Titan s3

Average (but enjoyable)
    Hanebado
    Grand Blue
    Hataraku Saibou
    Angolmois

bad (but continued to watch due to fan service or previous season commitments)
    Overlord s3
    Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu

The Autumn season coming up and most interesting to me are
    Goblin Slayer (by far my most hyped show, but i expect the animation to cheap)
    the return of Fail Tail for the final arc
    Index s3
    Golden kamuy s2
    Jojo Part 5
    Sword Art Online Alicization