Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Discovered a new anime today, well new to me but i rarely seem to be in the know with shows so i find them long after they finished airing but non non biyori totally won me over with just 1 episode, seems shool anime & slice of life anime are ones i really seem to enjoy. Also found one called psycho mob 100 the artstyle is very much identical to one punch man i'm wondering if the same person created both? it's a little strange but the characters seem interesting in that one i'll keep watching to see how it develops.
    NNB really good, i still have the summer themed film to watch at some point, and im sure a sequel season is due next year. As for Mob it is by the same creator.

If your looking for recent'ish SoL set out in the countryside then i can suggest

Sakura Quest - 'friends' but set in a deadend town, city girl with nothing going for her falls for a dodgy job advert, ends up spending a year in the small town, makes friends with local 20-30 somethings.

Hyouka - Kyoani's amateur detective high school, set in the 'boonies'

Tamayura - small fishing town, 4 girl graduating through high school, main girl gets into photography to follow in her deceased fathers footsteps

Barakamon - a calligrapher in a rut hides out in countryside while local's invade his life.

Hands of the Eizouken - if you can substitute the small town/village for a largish university

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - another stretch, substitute the village/town for an arctic boat expedition

Kuma Miko - has some ermm old school vibes when pervy moments pop up, but it really captures countryside folk well and their insecurities with the city, just need to get past the talking bear and some pretty harsh bullying.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
      NNB really good, i still have the summer themed film to watch at some point, and im sure a sequel season is due next year. As for Mob it is by the same creator.

If your looking for recent'ish SoL set out in the countryside then i can suggest

Sakura Quest - 'friends' but set in a deadend town, city girl with nothing going for her falls for a dodgy job advert, ends up spending a year in the small town, makes friends with local 20-30 somethings.

Hyouka - Kyoani's amateur detective high school, set in the 'boonies'

Tamayura - small fishing town, 4 girl graduating through high school, main girl gets into photography to follow in her deceased fathers footsteps

Barakamon - a calligrapher in a rut hides out in countryside while local's invade his life.

Hands of the Eizouken - if you can substitute the small town/village for a largish university

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - another stretch, substitute the village/town for an arctic boat expedition

Kuma Miko - has some ermm old school vibes when pervy moments pop up, but it really captures countryside folk well and their insecurities with the city, just need to get past the talking bear and some pretty harsh bullying.
      Cheers Tobal for those recommendations that gives me some to track down as some of them i haven't heard of before. I already watched Eizouken & Barakamon really enjoyed both, the animation style of Eizouken is stunning.

Comment

I've been watching the latest season of The Seven Deadly Sins that got added to Netflix. The pacing is a little slow in places but the pieces are moving into place for the finale which should unfold over the next season. I guess the good thing about this season is that the Sins members get their power-ups, former enemies become allies and there's the end goal in site rather than it continuing perpetually.

I still want to read the entirety of the manga at some point as I own the first ten volumes and I think its 41 vols. in total. I've heard from fans that its great to a point, then drops the ball as there is a natural end point in the story, then it continues beyond there for another arc before ending. Still, 41 vols. if fairly average for a Japanese manga series in light of others that have been going for decades.

Comment

Continuing with laughing salesman as it's another Fujio classic. Very Japanese in it's social situations but VERY messed up lol, it's totally "corrupt a wish" the anime. I like to think of it as ****ed up Doraemon, Moguro gives the unwitting victim just what they wanted with one condition never to break and just like Doraemon they always seem to break the one promise with pretty dark results.

Kind of bizzare seeing Fujio's artstyle with nudity & gore/horror but i love this series. Wish i could find episodes of the newer 2017 sequel to the series but all the torrent seeds are dead. Thankfully i nearly have a full collection of the original at least Saizen have nearly finished subbing it all they are 99 out of 103 episides.

Comment

It has taken 6 months since the manga began, but we finally have Hidaka somewhat back to herself in High Score Girl sequel, HSG: DASH. If you enjoyed the original this is set mid 2000's following the blonde girl Hidaka as a middle school teacher.

Comment

well that sucks, horriblesubs is no more they took down their site and all the links.

Comment

it made life alot easier this last decade having most of a new season (bar a few netflicks or amazon funded ones) in one place, plenty of other places to go like eri-raws which are basically arab run horrible runs or old good backup for everything nyaa.

the new Dragon Quest anime is a bit rough around the edges, using alot of CG for monsters and backgrounds at low frame-rate.

Comment

Tokyo Tosho with filtered search is a good substitute, easier to navigate than Nyaa, and you'll pick up series not covered by Horrible Subs, like Hisone to Masotan a couple of seasons ago.

the new Dragon Quest anime is a bit rough around the edges, using alot of CG for monsters and backgrounds at low frame-rate.
                  Still, the money's on screen. I hope production values continue to be this high for the whole series. Of what I saw of this new season, only Majo No Tabitabi and partially Senyoku No Sigrdrifa have similar levels of production values.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    Still, the money's on screen. I hope production values continue to be this high for the whole series. Of what I saw of this new season, only Majo No Tabitabi and partially Senyoku No Sigrdrifa have similar levels of production values.
                    i have them to watch fully (only a quick skip through to check what it is) but Jujutsu Kaisen seems head and shoulders above everything this season, even Dan-machi 3rd season. As for Dragon quest, i don't holf out much hope it'll improve, its be deeply average animation wise with maybe 1 or 2 stand out episodes, its just the way Toei work.

Comment

i have them to watch fully (only a quick skip through to check what it is) but Jujutsu Kaisen seems head and shoulders above everything this season, even Dan-machi 3rd season. As for Dragon quest, i don't holf out much hope it'll improve, its be deeply average animation wise with maybe 1 or 2 stand out episodes, its just the way Toei work.
                      Still have to watch Jujutsu. Danmachi...meh. Yeah, it's well done but it seems average, story-wise, like the past seasons and spinoff.

Comment

New season's still going, Toei's work on Dragon Quest continues to surprise me, quality has kept up and it's a fun show to boot.

Other than that i like the Slime Rancher one and standing on 1 million lives, both your standard Isekei shows. Jujutsu Kaisen continues to be great and i've stopped watching the traveling witch, i was expecting a cuter Kino on Tabi but she's just to much of a sociopath (with more than enough magic power to fix anything) to enjoy these episodic stories.

Comment

Comment

Started season 3 of Ososmatsu san just as random and hillarious as the previous 2 seasons, todays episode just randomly turning into a magical girl anime was just the pefect end to my weekend lol. Definitely had vibes of dai mahou touge.

The ending song for season 3 is so damn good, wish there was a full version.
                            Last edited by importaku; 01-11-2020, 11:26.

Comment

All The Anime are releasing Cyber City Oedo 808 on Blu-Ray.

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/cyber-city-oedo-808-blu-ray-cd-soundtrack-collectors

Blu-ray disc: Include the complete 3-part OVA with 3 viewing options: original Japanese with English subtitles, English voices with Japanese soundtrack, and English voices with the "UK Soundtrack" composed by Rory McFarlane (aka, the Manga UK Dub")

I love me a 90s Manga Dub, not even joking. I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                All The Anime are releasing Cyber City Oedo 808 on Blu-Ray.

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/cyber-city-oedo-808-blu-ray-cd-soundtrack-collectors

I love me a 90s Manga Dub, not even joking. I'm in.
                                Yeah saw that earlier...pre-order in
                                Love Oedo 808

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X