Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Have to admit i'm super anxious about Luffy's VA as she is pretty old and will be impossible to replace as luffys voice is pretty unique. They better have them all & Oda in some germ free biome till the story is finished. Been watching for a long time too far in to quit now, the story is fantastic.
    I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it but you're quite right. I do hope they get to the end of the series before any of them pass away as their voices are iconic (I can't imagine anyone else as Zoro, Sanji or anyone else in the crew).

On another note, do you think Oda will finish the manga by 2025? The current situation might be delaying his output somewhat but the guy's going to be 50 years old that year. I can only imagine it'd be a great time for him to wrap up this grand tale and enjoy his senior years deciding what to do with his vast amounts of wealth.

Comment

Stopped watching the anime(around ep800) but i still keep up with the manga, i doubt the wano arc will be finished by 2022 and i expect about 15 years more, 2 maybe 3 major arcs.

For the end to be sight the following needs to happen

All the Road Polygraph found
      Luffy Beats a Yonko 1 v 1
      Cestistial Dragon King reveals his plans (and with it the past and what D is)
      Black Beard plans revealed / final showdown

Comment

Im curious if they will eventually reveal what when on in the void century and if we find out what all the great weapons actually were, we were told that shirahoshi is one of them due to her been able to control the sea kings but the fact luffy could hear the sea kings speak is also intriguing then again luffy & momonosuke could also hear the elephant island zou. I know Oda loooooves to foreshadow literally years in advance i'm hoping everything is explained no loose ends this has been running for such a long time the stories & the characters i'm totally invested in.

Oda is a master at the amount of stories that weave & intertwine years later, tiniest of details making sense way down the road. It's one of the worries that he may snuff it and the story will be left untold. He better have some blueprint for people to continue in his absence if something happens to him.
        Last edited by importaku; 20-06-2020, 12:58.

Comment

Right so I was revisiting Peter Chung's influence on 90s animation and I did not realise he worked as a storyboard artist on Transformers the original series and the 1980s movie.

Aeon Flux. Still amazing have the DVD box set will watch this weekend

Still waiting on the rumoured new series for streaming services

Phantom 2040. Pretty impressive for a western children's show with amazing Chung designs.

He has been quiet this century though...

- Party 7 (2000) (film) - Animator: credit sequence

- The Animatrix (2003) (short) (Matriculated segment) - Director, script, design

- The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (2004) (OVA) - Director, character designer

- Revisioned: Tomb Raider (2007) (first episodes in 3 parts) - Story and designer

- Firebreather (2010) (film) - Director

- Diablo III: Wrath (2012) (film) - Director

- Victor & Valentino (2019) (TV series) - Main title

Comment

Managed to get most of the MahoRomantic manga collection for £3 for 7 books only paying postage and the first (which we had and lost years ago) for £5 so been reading that and Clamp's Kobato which is cute but i'm not overly feeling it which I heard was a similar experience. Nice cameos of other clamp characters though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Stopped watching the anime(around ep800) but i still keep up with the manga, i doubt the wano arc will be finished by 2022 and i expect about 15 years more, 2 maybe 3 major arcs.

For the end to be sight the following needs to happen

All the Road Polygraph found
              Luffy Beats a Yonko 1 v 1
              Cestistial Dragon King reveals his plans (and with it the past and what D is)
              Black Beard plans revealed / final showdown
              I take it you're referring to the anime. I think the arc in the manga might near its conclusion this year (Covid is slowing down chapter releases but its better that Oda and his assistants are safe and healthy than overworked and prone to illness). Initially I was bothered that Wano wouldn't wrap this year but now we're at the end of June I've eased of from that way of thinking. Let Oda take the time he needs to tell the story he wants to. We've just had a reveal of Ulti's dinosaur form (can't remember the actual name) and Kaidō's son in a hanya mask appear so I'm sure there's more awesomeness to come during the impending battle on Onigashima.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I take it you're referring to the anime. I think the arc in the manga might near its conclusion this year (Covid is slowing down chapter releases but its better that Oda and his assistants are safe and healthy than overworked and prone to illness). Initially I was bothered that Wano wouldn't wrap this year but now we're at the end of June I've eased of from that way of thinking. Let Oda take the time he needs to tell the story he wants to. We've just had a reveal of Ulti's dinosaur form (can't remember the actual name) and Kaidō's son in a hanya mask appear so I'm sure there's more awesomeness to come during the impending battle on Onigashima.
                talking about the manga, the last full arc was Dressrosa which is about 150 chapters, wano essentially started with with Zou kingdom and we are already 100 chapters in and all we've had is Oden's past and a reason to have Big Mom and Kaido in the same place, we haven't had any confirmed match up's yet with Kaido's crew/worst gen crews vs straw hats/Zou/scabbards/Kidd/Law/Marco, it's going to take at least a year.

Comment

Been making my way through Dragon Ball Z Kai. Halfway through so far, it's been nice to not have to watch 20 episodes of Goku running down snake way or charging a spirit bomb.

I can only imagine what it must have been like to watch Z on a week by week basis back in the day. It was bad enough having to deal with it when new episodes aired each day on Cartoon Network!

Comment

talking about the manga, the last full arc was Dressrosa which is about 150 chapters, wano essentially started with with Zou kingdom and we are already 100 chapters in and all we've had is Oden's past and a reason to have Big Mom and Kaido in the same place, we haven't had any confirmed match up's yet with Kaido's crew/worst gen crews vs straw hats/Zou/scabbards/Kidd/Law/Marco, it's going to take at least a year.
                    The seeds were sown from Punk Hazard when Law wanted to form an alliance to take Kaidō down. Wano got underway right after Whole Cake Island wrapped up. There have been some good moments and Oden's flashback was longer than previous ones in the series but was justified.

Although I think Wano will continue beyond chapter 1000 I'm hoping for something huge for that one (not many other artists have reached that milestone and I think Oda won't let such a milestone pass without making it a landmark chapter).

Comment

UToob channel Gundaminfo has the first three Gundam movies, based on the original TV series, available at present.

Comment

My god that new onepiece opening song a total banger, need to hear the full version but that new animation gave me goosebumps.

Comment

If you've read the latest chapter the final act of the arc is in full flow now. The matchups against the Tobi roppō and Big Mum still need to happen but the other elements are already falling into place. It seems like the manga's on a weekly break once a month this year so that staggers the pace a little. There have been some fine chapters though and I'm sure there'll be some great ones to come.

Comment

Discovered a new anime today, well new to me but i rarely seem to be in the know with shows so i find them long after they finished airing but non non biyori totally won me over with just 1 episode, seems shool anime & slice of life anime are ones i really seem to enjoy. Also found one called Mob psycho 100 the artstyle is very much identical to one punch man i'm wondering if the same person created both? it's a little strange but the characters seem interesting in that one i'll keep watching to see how it develops.
                            Last edited by importaku; 16-08-2020, 13:16.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] Non Non Biyori is bloomin' wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] Non Non Biyori is bloomin' wonderful
                                Yup have to agree, i have just finished ep 3 but i'm gonna save it for tomorrow as i'm scared i'm just gonna burn through all this in one sitting and i wanna make it last a little longer it really is so charming. Makes me wish i lived somewhere like that i love rural Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X