Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I'm not really sure Dai Guard counts as classic...my mother enjoyed it though.
    Did she think it was David Guard?

Comment

Strange how that 1.05 minute long video made me happy so quickly. It took me back to the era where getting anime on VHS or DVD from your local market, HMV or similar was a great experience and niche. I miss those days.

If this can be used on home TVs in definitely in.

I finished watching Last Hope and Kakegurui XX recently. The former show was fine and as its directed by Shõji Kawamori of course there are mechs in it. Interesting setting albeit a little goofy at times.

Kakegurui XX had decent production values, a captivating opening and some interesting character designs. It was fun to see how the games played out (the tower of doors episodes were some of the most enjoyable and I'd heard this was meant to be after Manyuuda takes on Yumeko rather than where its placed in the series). In light of how this series concludes I'll be looking forward to a third season (I think it scratches my Phoenix Wright itch with the extravagant characters plus pretty/smart girls playing their opponents to win high-stakes gambling events has its appeal).
      Last edited by Paddy; 01-04-2020, 22:53.

Comment

I downloaded it today to my OnePlus 6T and it DOES support Chromecast/similar.
        I couldn't see Dai Guard on it though (it is still on Amazon Prime if I remember rightly)
        Urusei Yatsura, GoShogun, Space Warrior Baldios, BubbleGum Crisis, AD Police, GTO, Nagasarete Airantou, and some others that didn't stick in my mind.

Comment

Winter season's fully over, as far a good new shows that air and finished i would suggest watching the excellent 'Hands off the Eizouken', Bo Furi (aka= Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri ****ai to Omoimasu) and Smile down the Runway. As far sequels for the 3rd season of Chihayafuru was always brilliant.

Will also give props to My Academia for its last episode of season 4 (ep88) whih an absolute fist pumping, barn burner of an episode with absolute ton of budget thrown at entire 20 mins of HighEnd vs Endeavor.

As far as new season goes, it's probably going to be sparse with delays/cancellations to many shows. So far i only watched Tower of God which seems promising and Gal and Dino from the producers of PopTeamEpic anime... let's just say i was not expecting that 2nd half.

Looking forward to at least trying out Listeners, it looks kind of like Gad Guard where the pilot(or player as there called here) sit on the mecha's shoulder and fight monsters and other players... and players all seemed to be based on musicians like Prince and Johnny Rotten.

Comment

finished season 4 of my hero academia and still love it

loved the whole yakuza thing, loved gentile criminal and now endeavour is the man

loved it

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] not in our region yet, but looks amazing!

Looking forward to accessing this hopefully comes to UK, I only really like hand drawn 80s/early 90s anime and just picked up the first eps of bubblegum crisis on LD, sods law.

Comment

Next on my list is soul eater

Found out that the same studio who did my hero academia also did dull metal alchemist and cowboy bebop, and those those so they did this so ordered teh blu Ray from ebay whoop

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  Next on my list is soul eater

Found out that the same studio who did my hero academia also did dull metal alchemist and cowboy bebop, and those those so they did this so ordered teh blu Ray from ebay whoop
                  Soul Eater is pretty good.
                  I have the DVD collection from a few years ago & enjoyed it, characters are likeable & it's Quirky & funny.
                  Never felt the need to re-watch it though but it was fun when I did see it.

Neil

Comment

YES! i hope it full TV run rather than more OVA's but i'd be happy with whatever we got, and the question of what will it cover? will it be more post Alicia stuff with the 3 new girls, or going back and doing the manga chapters they skipped(plenty of them) or a prequel with sempai's/grandma.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      YES! i hope it full TV run rather than more OVA's but i'd be happy with whatever we got, and the question of what will it cover? will it be more post Alicia stuff with the 3 new girls, or going back and doing the manga chapters they skipped(plenty of them) or a prequel with sempai's/grandma.

I have no idea what any of that says or even what it is advertising as coming in 2020

Comment

to expect 15th anniversary show announcement for ARIA, and that official twitter account/website should update soon.

Aria is slice of life manga about 3 teenagers training to be gondoliers (called Undine's like the spirit) over a span of years set in the future on a terraformed Mars in recreation of Venice which is a top tourist spot for Earthing's (called manhome) visit. It then had a anime run for 3 seasons and 3 additional episodes from mid 2000's to around 2015, fun but slow show mainly following Akari point of view as she trains and explores Venice over seasonal changes, it's people/history and public holidays/festivals and eventual grows to replace her Teacher and get her own understudy by the end. One of my favorite shows

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          I have no idea what any of that says or even what it is advertising as coming in 2020
                          It says ARIA completely new work. Due for launch in Winter 2020.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I freaking love that

Neil

Comment

Its been so long without onepiece it sucks bigtime however this message from the strawhats almost makes up for it, never expected to get luffy & co talking about corona.
                                麦わらの一味からの感染予防メッセージPrevention of infection message from the Straw Hat CrewTVアニメ「ONE PIECE」毎週日曜日フジテレビほかにて朝9時30分より放送中※地域により放送時間・曜日が異なります。▼チャンネル登録はこちらhttps://www...

you can turn on english subs

Have to admit i'm super anxious about Luffy's VA as she is pretty old and will be impossible to replace as luffys voice is pretty unique. They better have them all & Oda in some germ free biome till the story is finished. Been watching for a long time too far in to quit now, the story is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X