No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] Thanks for the offer, but Patlabor and Lodoss are from a UK seller... they’ll probably arrive before I get the player sorted!

Comment

Ha ha no worries man
      Looking forward to seeing the pics when you get them

Comment

Well this weeks onepiece blew me away, that new Wano arc opening OMG. Toei are not messing around lol dragging people right in with those spoilers in the intro loving the samurai styling along with traditional japanese ukiyo e type art additions. I did get super giddy when i saw Sanji activating his raid suit i thought he was against using it but i guess not lol. I don't read the manga so i had no idea Kaido can turn into a straight up dragon i wonder if his fruit is from the same mythical group as Phoenix Marco's fruit. The one thing i do know that his & Luffys power level are grossly out of whack so Luffy isn't defeating him any time soon he better be working on a couple more gears as i don't think 4 is gonna cut it this time.

Oh & the new song is pretty good too hehe

Comment

I'm the other way round, read the manga, don't watch the anime (due to incredibly bad pacing). One Piece is about 1 year ahead in the manga, but it's been an incredible boring year of nothing happening, just all setup for samurai rebellion and Luffy's next power up which as you say he's leagues behind being able to hurt a Yonko. We've not even had a full line up of the Beast Pirates, just the first mate and 2 of the worst generation, just introduction of a lot of Samurai supporting characters, so we're at least another year away from Straw Hats 1v1's, which is what i love most about it.

Comment

Been plodding along keeping up with various shows like gegege which i'm still enjoying immensely. Finally we are at the end of shokugeki no soma i liked how it was resolved it was a blast from start to finish over all the seasons. Discovered a new show called keep your hands off eizouken saw the trailer for it as a random recommendation on youtube the animation style instantly won me over this one feels special, i have seen this style before but it's driving me mad to pinpoint the anime i saw it in. Also decided to rewatch an old series called Kekkaishi i saw it many years ago but lost my downloads of it managed to find a copy again & had enough seeds to complete but onl just, it's a fun lighthearted supernatural one.

Comment

I haven't watched a lot of anime in a while and nothing has really caught my eye by my gawd My Hero Academia is just fantastic, upto season 3 episode 15

if I had to pick two favourite episodes is definitely season 2 episode 10 (Midoriya vs Todoroki) and season 3 episode 11 (all might vs one for all) even loved Midoriya vs muscular

haven't enjoyed anything as much as this since alchemist

Comment

Enjoy it while it lasts, really starts to take a down turn it hasn't recovered from in the manga since the yakuza arc happened which ultimately served no point, despite a really nicely animated final fight which just aired in the anime. We're about 3/4 years on since that one for all fight and the story bearly advanced in the manga and the anime is just about to go back into long training arc for good and badguys, though i do hope the Gentleman fight gets the treatment it deserves. Feels we're in lull for the battle shounen, Demon Slayer hit big but is already close to ending, One Piece as been terrible for years, i'm only really enjoying World Trigger which sadly on once a month releases and HxH is close to 1 year on hiatus.

As far as what's new this season, i'm really enjoying:

Bofuri/Shield Girl; real title is to long... fun show about "normie" trying out a very customisable new VRMMO fantasy game and constantly mostly by accident(and sometimes just thinking outside the box) earning and combining skills in to game breaking buffs.

Hands off the Eizouken; anime about making anime and the love for animation and world building, follows 3 high school girls making a club to make films, dealing with artist pride vs project management and other clubs causing problems.

Comment

The OVA series that serves as a sequel to the original Mobile Suit Gundam and a prequel to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam finally gets released in the UK for the first-time! -- Universal Century 0083. Having triumphed in the One-Year War, the Earth Federation has grown complacent, while the last remnants of Zeon forces have...

Oooooh baby, it's coming! I love AllTheAnime.

Comment

They have done a pretty good job with the franchise.

Gotta love that 0083 opening theme.

Comment

Finally watched Dragon Quest your story, oh man that twist at the end. Now i wish we were 50 years into the future to make technology actually make it possible to play inside the world. After 11 i want to see more of these worlds in so much detail.

Comment

Yeah, watched it with the wife last week. She complained that nobody ever picks the name Geregere for the cat.

Pokemon the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back CGI remake is up on Netflix. Still without the section from the Japanese original with the researcher's daughter which explains why Mewtwo is so angry. Missed opportunity.

Comment

Got to see my hero academia heroes rising at the cinema and loved it, all the new villains are superb with a decent array of quirks especially chimera and nine

You really need to see past season 3 to avoid spoilers and to be honest there was a couple of wee things that I haven't yet seen in season 4 like a couple of rhe main characters gaining hero licenses

Loved it though, great fights and good to see the hero class 1-A doing good stuff especially the main characters

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            Got to see my hero academia heroes rising at the cinema and loved it, all the new villains are superb with a decent array of quirks especially chimera and nine

You really need to see past season 3 to avoid spoilers and to be honest there was a couple of wee things that I haven't yet seen in season 4 like a couple of rhe main characters gaining hero licenses

Loved it though, great fights and good to see the hero class 1-A doing good stuff especially the main characters
                            Glad you enjoyed it Buster as I watched it last week and it definitely felt epic leading up to the finale. It did a great job of showcase several characters rather than just a couple which was good to see. I hope they keep making these as they're quite entertaining (One Piece is the daddy for me but I'm understanding why people like Boku no Hero Academia).

Comment

Haha going to see it again on Sunday

Now upto season 4 episode 16 and looks like it's going to answer my query in my previous post about hero licenses

Also loved overhaul and the whole yakuza story arc, for me this has never disappointed

One of my favourite characters is red riot but definately my favourite character is lemillion, just fantastic

Comment

Infact I now believe the movie is set after season 4

Latest episode deku is given gloves to help him and he is wearing them in the movie so must be set the summer after the school year finishes

Watched it again and the cinema was alot busier, but still loved it great movie

Comment

Working...
                                X