Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    That’s what I’m using.
    Hahahahahahahaah. Good luck then. The others were dross.

There was one that was interesting, but can't remember the name. It would be always on, consuming battery life for britain, but it matched you with people you walked past in real life. I did get a date out of it with a lovely girl, but thankfully (given my current relationship status of "happiest ever been") we weren't well matched enough to find out if the hour journey would be worthwhile.

Here are some I saved for the lols:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/rzsChAeWBN1FVquF9 <<< Taken in a gent's toilet.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/QmSJ4P5NNTvx2Uyx7 <<< Sarah, 44. It's a trap
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/9CHKYKbE9Kpz4oSNA <<< Epic fantasy Olga
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/FnLs2Q4hvm5SwmLP8 <<< Also Olga. LOL.

Comment

If I was to end up single again, I wouldn't even contemplate trying to meet someone else, it must be a nightmare these days. Good luck to those putting themselves out there though!

Comment

I’m kind of at that stage where we’re just friends , maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be after the best part of 30 years together ? There’s no intimacy , no physicality . It’s the feeling of lack of closeness that I miss more than anything , it’s a very odd situation to be in , almost limbo waiting for the inevitable conversation . I don’t know , just rambling really

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Back when I tried online dating over a decade ago, these were already a thing. I always also really hoped they were a trap; like it isn't some attractive person who just took some really nice photos, who is sitting home on Saturday night wondering why everyone avoids her

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
            I’m kind of at that stage where we’re just friends , maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be after the best part of 30 years together ? There’s no intimacy , no physicality . It’s the feeling of lack of closeness that I miss more than anything , it’s a very odd situation to be in , almost limbo waiting for the inevitable conversation . I don’t know , just rambling really
            Oh man, that sounds all too familiar. Obviously relationships change and, yes, that is normal But if you’re not happy you’ll need to address it at some point. It didn’t work out for me and my wife after a lot of work but what I can say is that, while doing that work, I met and heard about a lot of people who did manage to bring some spark and joy and intimacy back into their marriage. And that’s worth working for. I wish you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Pay for match.com
              It was a step up compared to the others.
              A huge amount of their accounts are just women paid to be on there and keep guys fishing constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                Sounds like it’s time to have that conversation. I hesitated to do it and it cost me another 18 months in that relationship. It’s not good for you or your family.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Sounds like it’s time to have that conversation. I hesitated to do it and it cost me another 18 months in that relationship. It’s not good for you or your family.
                  30 years seems like a lot to "just throw away". I'd try reigniting the intimacy before pulling the trigger on that conversation. Being friends isn't a bad thing either

Comment

I know but I was over twenty years with her and as hard as it is it was the right thing to do. She quickly realised that too and even ended up defending me with her friends who were looking to take sides. We are still friends and do meet up back and forth. But that’s not who you want to share your home life with.

Comment

Yep, conversation about a need to rekindle some old time vibes before anything else. I'm 13 years into my relationship and with the exception of the kids constantly hogging our time the rest of the relationship is much like it was in the early years. If that changed and the 'relationship' aspects became lost in the daily grind then we'd have a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X