• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah right, teenagers. No idea....

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Ah right, teenagers. No idea....
      Ha. Same. But really, given what's going on, my wife and I are in a really good place when it comes to that. I genuinely only want the best for her and she is an amazing person. I will never have anything negative to say about her. And while I feel like I've given her plenty of reason to be angry with me, she seems to feel the same way and has been nothing but supportive even when I'm breaking her heart. She just wants me to be happy. And she deserves someone who can give her what she needs and that's not me unfortunately.

Comment

Once a goldmine of amazing tales, this thread has been dark for a year. Has all of Bordersdown finally reached a relationship Zen state?

Comment

Uh oooooh, oh wait, no disaster??? Disappointing.

Comment

Carcass pickers, assemble!

Comment

If things are that quiet we should be able to nominate a Bordersdown's Most Eligible Bachelor/Bachelorette and crowd source their dating

Comment

I’m back on the singles trail. Can’t stand the human Argos catalogue that is online dating. I’m sure I could trust you lot to get me a lovely lady that appreciates music, movies, old games and big baldy Scotsmen.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  I’m back on the singles trail. Can’t stand the human Argos catalogue that is online dating. I’m sure I could trust you lot to get me a lovely lady that appreciates music, movies, old games and big baldy Scotsmen.
                  Oh bless, you don’t know us at all 😂

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    We could surely curate your selection and give pointers, advice and probably impeded your progress?

Seriously though, hope you're having some fun or is it a bit of a nightmare? I meet Mrs Wools online back in 2011 and it felt new then, it feels like online dating has certainly become normalised now? I guess the pool is bigger but it's harder to stand out or find someone?

Comment

The one thing that hasn't changed is that women definitely can afford to be pickier online...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        The one thing that hasn't changed is that women definitely can afford to be pickier online...
                        Absolutely. Although I can’t say I blame them loads of idiots asking the ladies for all sorts of dodgy stuff from what I can gather.

My experience of this online dating malarkey is a mixed bag. Seems like every eligible woman in Scotland has kids, a bachelors degree or PhD, dogs and goes wild swimming / hill walking at every opportunity. I’ve done plenty of hill walking and can’t say I’ve seen that many ladies out there! Also puzzles me why so many say they are divorced or separated. Surely they are, like me, just single now? And so many still think marriage is important. Why?
                        Now I have to admit I’m too much of a roaster to be overly picky but I’m not keen on loads of makeup, those weird eyebrows, tattoos and smoking. Kinda narrows the field down a bit.
                        And I think raking through a daily list of ladies is somewhat voyeuristic , I know they’ve put themselves forward but call me old fashioned it’s still feels a bit weird.
                        Also amazes me how many fake accounts and scammers are on there.
                        But this seems to be how it’s done now so I’ll just have to persist. Might try a different site when my sub runs out.

Comment

Pay for match.com
                          It was a step up compared to the others.

Comment

That’s what I’m using.

Comment

If I ended up single again I don't doubt for a second I'd end up single for my remaining days. I had zero game when I was younger, I wouldn't stand a chance these days.

Comment

I have zero game.

I will always have zero game.

Currently in a long distance relationship. Early days but let’s see where it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X