No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to vipers nest again, gents. Only going for a kickabout tbh but all will be present from the recent month or so drama.

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    You know charles is mexican right?
    Ok, I appear to have confused his fez in those vids with a sombrero.

Comment

I was talking this over with a friend today and I've decided: I'm going to propose during our London holiday next month.

I can't do anything cool or fancy - no sky-writing or whatever - as I'm in low-money mode as it is and don't even get me started on rings. The most I can do is to pick the right moment but I need to do this. London will be best I think because of the setting, how she'll be feeling, and that it will have been a year since this whole business began.

Married guys: gimme your proposal stories! You can pm if you don't want your story living eternally in the Wayback MachineTM but I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

^You stole my plan! I have loose plans to do the same thing when my girlfriend comes to the UK at the end of the month. I'm back in the UK for six weeks and she's coming to visit me. I can't think of a more exotic place (for her) to do it than London, to be honest.

Comment

It's exotic thanks to all those bongo bongo immigrants!

And don't worry, it's not stolen. We're just J-bros looking to the future.

I'm thinking of a basic engagement band ring for now or placeholder. I've got the rest of August to figure out what to do

Comment

How about a private capsule on the London Eye?
            Ready for an unbeatable London VIP experience? Visit The London Eye and hire a private pod exclusively, with fast-track boarding and privacy.

Make the perfect romantic gesture with your very own Cupid?s Capsule. Show someone special the romantic views of London combined with a bottle of Pommery Brut Royal Champagne and a luxury box of Hotel Chocolat Pink Champagne Truffles, both served by your own personal host.
            A Cupid?s Capsule package includes:

? Priority boarding
            ? Private capsule for 2 guests
            ? 30-minute rotation
            ? Personal London Eye host
            ? Bottle of Pommery Brut Royal Champagne
            ? Luxury box of Hotel Chocolat Pink Champagne Truffles
            ? Entry to the 4D cinema experience
            ? Entry to her back doors if you're lucky
            ? Complimentary 360? Mini Guide for each guest
            Price per capsule ?325.00

Comment

You romantic fool qualitychimp, your wife is a lucky women

Comment

You could go to The Shard and go on one knee!
                Welcome to The View from The Shard – London’s top-rated tourist attraction! Come & enjoy the best of London in the 360 degree panoramic view. Book Now!

Tickets are about ?25 each, so it'll be cheaper than the Eye Pod idea:

Or you could book a meal at one of the three Shard restaurants:
                Oblix at the Shard - Restaurant and bar near London bridge, with exceptional views across central London from East to West. Book a table now!

This website is for sale! aquahutong.co.uk is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, aquahutong.co.uk has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Whisk yourself to Aqua Shard, in the UK’s tallest building, and prepare to be wowed by our innovative contemporary British dishes and iconic cocktails.

Comment

'30-minute rotation': Half an hour to convince her to marry you otherwise you get to try your luck in another capsule?

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)
                  billy_dimashq,
                  Shakey_Jake33+,
                  Darwock

That's Relationship Jake right there.

Comment

Maybe I'll just sign up to this course:

Awesome events made SIMPLE. We send over 160,000 people away every year on Stag Dos, Hen Parties, Corporate Events and Activity Weekends all over Europe.

“we intend that within the next two years, if a boy attempts to woo a girl, she will answer only if he has finished his course.”

Last edited by randombs; 31-10-2014, 03:45.

Comment

In terms of engagement rings, I had the briefest of looks and such things seem to be massively more expensive in Japan, so I'm intending to pick one up in the UK. I don't see the point in spending a bomb on an engagement ring (wedding rings are a different matter), but it has to be pretty. Worth looking at prices in the UK.

The prices in Japan made me want to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                        I was talking this over with a friend today and I've decided: I'm going to propose during our London holiday next month.

I can't do anything cool or fancy - no sky-writing or whatever - as I'm in low-money mode as it is and don't even get me started on rings. The most I can do is to pick the right moment but I need to do this. London will be best I think because of the setting, how she'll be feeling, and that it will have been a year since this whole business began.

Married guys: gimme your proposal stories! You can pm if you don't want your story living eternally in the Wayback MachineTM but I'd really appreciate it.
                        Here's my advice:
                        a) don't worry about proposing somewhere "cool" - propose somewhere that means something to both of you
                        b) decide if you want to propose somewhere where the two of you have a good chance of being alone or whether you are happy to do it with other people around - that may well limit your choice of location!
                        c) consider whether you want to propose somewhere that is a privately owned - proposing in a restaurant for example may be great at the time if it's your favourite place to go for dinner but it might not be there in 10 years time and you'd never be able to revisit the spot

Good luck, hope it goes well

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                          In terms of engagement rings, I had the briefest of looks and such things seem to be massively more expensive in Japan, so I'm intending to pick one up in the UK. I don't see the point in spending a bomb on an engagement ring (wedding rings are a different matter), but it has to be pretty. Worth looking at prices in the UK.

The prices in Japan made me want to cry.
                          I don't know what your financial situation is but consider that out of all the expenses for a wedding (and there are plenty!), almost all are paying for a single day in your life - the ring will last forever and is something that she will be showing off a lot when you get engaged (and for the rest of your lives). I'm not saying you should put yourself in huge amounts of debt but the ring should be high up the priority list in terms of what you are going to spend money on (IMO of course). When you do buy one (assuming you are buying it yourself rather than choosing one with her) - research, reasearch, research - i leant a lot about diamond gradings before i got engaged - PM me if you want any advice Also set yourself a budget and stick to it - you can spend anything from ?50 to ?50 million so decide what you can afford and then find the best ring you can for that money.

I bought the engagement ring online - the advantage is that you get more (or better quality) diamond for your money. the downside is that you can't see it before you buy so you need to be confident in your research

Comment

Originally posted by davesol View Post
                            I bought the engagement ring online - the advantage is that you get more (or better quality) diamond for your money. the downside is that you can't see it before you buy so you need to be confident in your research
                            Just like buying anything online then?

Bit of a risk with something like that though, I suppose.

Comment

fammydodd knows a lot about rings!

Comment

Working...
                              X