User Tag List

Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43133141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1448

Only gone and bought my wedding dress at first viewing, must be bloody bonkers.

Just remember what Dr Phil said - too many people spend all their time planning a wedding and no time planning a marriage. Or it was something along those lines.

We spent 5 years thinking about being a couple, 9 years thinking about getting married, I'm not spending the 2.5 years between engagement and wedding stressing about one day. We've liked each other and loved each other for so long I'm in no mad rush or going to obsess with this wedding.

Venue is booked, registrar is booked. Dress lady does a 50% price cut if you pay on day of viewing which is what we are doing (wanted us to pay via paypal card machine with interest so will accept bank transfer which my mum will send when she gets home tomorrow.). Actually torn between 2 designs, both that need slight alterations in their designs (lady designed them herself that all have extra options at no charge).
    Obviously not going into detail of what the dress is like but I don't look like a Christmas tree ornament and I did not choose the Pink option which funnily enough my mother loved.

Like my best friend at her wedding, it is one of the rare times people will ever see me in a dress, her brother even said it was the first time he had seen her wear any dress and me the 2nd.

I have up till May to decide what I want and can book sessions to try again to ultimately decide what I want but I am pretty sure which of the 2 I am going for with some minor changes (one idea is swapping the type of lace that is on it with the other to combine the two). Going to try them again with some colleagues from work later next month to get their opinion but tbh any of the 3 favorite dresses I tried as they were in my measurements would be totally fine.

My mum was going on and on if it was 'the one'. I think that is a myth to some people, I just liked some and loved some. I never intend to wear it again and I am not one of those people who is wedding obsessed, neither of us really thought we would ever marry before we met. I looked nice and its a wedding gown. Feeling comfortable in a dress and looking good in one is good enough for me and I am relieved I don't have to run around looking anymore.

Now its shoes and accessories like veils and ****e. I HATE SHOE SHOPPING AND THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST STRESSFUL THING ABOUT THE WHOLE WEDDING. I just hope @Asura likes me in it!

Don’t forget to get your “tester” hair and makeup done, but it’s really your wedding day final. You’ll get it for free, or not at x10 rip off prices when people’s filthy eyes light up when you mention the word “wedding”.

What my sister did, got her hair, makeup nails done for nothing 🤣

How dare those people want to get paid for doing their jobs! Much better to lie to them and steal your hair and makeup...

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    How dare those people want to get paid for doing their jobs! Much better to lie to them and steal your hair and makeup...
    I agree, until they try to take you for everything you're worth.

This is why I’m hoping to get married maybe via some kind of app? Or an email? Text message maybe. Hope my future wife is OK with that.

This is why I’m hoping to get married maybe via some kind of app? Or an email? Text message maybe. Hope my future wife is OK with that.
    Don't do it. "They're all sluts!"

To be fair she didn’t ask for it for nothing, just worked out that way. She went into all 3 places with the intention of just paying for a job, all 3 said the same thing, “come back for your actual wedding” at 10 times the price, today is on us.

Also charging women 10x the going rate just because you mention the word “wedding” is an utter piss take for the same job.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-07-2019 at 10:54 AM.