No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Kyruss - her texting you that is a sign that she wanted you to know, knowing that it would piss you off. She'll break your heart
    @Kit - get your ****ing glasses back and....I have no other advice for you but don't be in the same room as somebody you have feelings for, or with chavs on your birthday

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      The least you should doing is writing a sitcom out of these experiences!
      Man, I need to do an audio book.

The story of the guy who threw stones from his own driveway onto a main road then was surprised when he got busted by the police - old friend of mine.

Followed by the summer of kit; a heartbreaking tale where kit battles his way through vipers nest and eventually gets kicked in the face after being a gent.

Already organised a night out (yes, while **** hammered) so tomorrow and saturday are sorted. I don't think sitting around thinking about it is going to help.

Onward.

Comment

I wish I could go drinking after work. People tend to frown on boozing at 8am. Frankly I don't care what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          I wish I could go drinking after work. People tend to frown on boozing at 8am. Frankly I don't care what they think.
          Just sit on your dive with a bottle of expensive Venezuelan rum in one hand and a good dominican cigar in the other, in an antique rocking chair, to hell with other peoples opinions.

Comment

I'll have to settle for doing that on my balcony on some plastic patio furniture.

Comment

Shrink4Men is an interesting read if you are a guy in a relationship and things are a bit 'off'. I was raised to believe that 'girls are sugar and spice and all things nice', but growing up you realise that is not true. Even then I could not believe what I was seeing, but reading that blog you get to understand that as much as guys can be bastards, women can be just as bad.

Comment

Edit, never mind.
                Last edited by darkangel; 31-08-2013, 01:03.

Comment

Well that went...yeah "went" is the best way to put it. We spent about 6 hours together mainly chatting about the usual everyday nonsense, then about her and him and how that had developed. She'd had no clue I'd felt that way but she's basically been seeing this guy for nearly 2 months and I had no idea. I'm not hurting even though I think I should be. I may just be in emotional shock.

She has apparently not felt this way about a guy before - literally describing the whole being in love and the pain of not being together. I was more than a little surprised considering she'd broken up with her BF of 4 years a few weeks before.

I could do with a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Well that went...yeah "went" is the best way to put it. We spent about 6 hours together mainly chatting about the usual everyday nonsense, then about her and him and how that had developed. She'd had no clue I'd felt that way but she's basically been seeing this guy for nearly 2 months and I had no idea. I'm not hurting even though I think I should be. I may just be in emotional shock.

She has apparently not felt this way about a guy before - literally describing the whole being in love and the pain of not being together. I was more than a little surprised considering she'd broken up with her BF of 4 years a few weeks before.

I could do with a drink.
                    I'd cut all ties with her Steven, move on, next.

Comment

Move on mate. Move away or you will be holding that torch for ages. Next girl you like, don't bottle it up so long.

Comment

I couldn't help she was seeing her BF for so damn long.

Comment

So what?

Comment

I will never, ever try to steal a girl from another guy. I don't care what awesomeness I miss out on because of that.

Comment

Letting someone know how you feel isn't stealing them. What if she told you she thought she liked you? By spending a lot of time with another mans women, there is a chance you could 'steal' them anyway.
                              Relentlessly pursuing them is a little different.

Comment

I don't agree with that, Nakamura. You keep schdum until someone is available, you don't try to play a proactive part in something that could end in a break-up. Otherwise you're adding complications to someone else's thing. I don't hold the argument that if a couple were happy and secure, then some weasel professing their feelings for one party wouldn't be a problem, either. Not all of us are ?ber-confident and could shake off the worry of predators shoving their oar in. I have my baggage like everyone else, and frankly would want to chin someone hitting on my lass, because I think it shows an extreme lack of respect, and I know I'd worry that they wouldn't let it drop.

I don't hold that just because you have feelings they're fair game to air whatever the circumstances. If a person in a relationship is the one to look elsewhere, that's different; but being the one to blurt out feelings to someone in a relationship is well off in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X