The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    If I had people like that then I'd do the same. I couldn't believe it when we did the initial count and had 60-70 definites. We were actually adding people because the venue had a minimum 130 charge anyway. We even invited a few of our neighbours.
    FFS, you point blank refused to invite me, but you invited old man scroggins from Number 87?!
    He stole your milk for years from your doorstep!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      I honestly couldn't name more than 18 family I would have at my ceremony.
      TBH this is probably us, 30 at a push. ATM for my side I have my Mum, Stepdad, Sister +1, my distant best friend and her husband as my definites to invite.

My mother seems to have calmed a little because she's got her hands full at home with everything happening at once with my sister flying abroad as part of her new job and said sister's partner flying in from abroad to live here the day before she leaves .
      We like the idea of just immediate family at a ceremony abroad or just something small in a nice location.

Just want to chill and keep an eye open (which my mother is doing with more gusto) of any ideas what or where to go but appart from that not going to do much this year but try and lose a stone or two.

My only hurdle at the minute (apart from the weight lost) is what to do about my estranged father who I, out of the rest of the family, get along better with but don't feel a rush in telling him. I'm not sure how to tell him as I'm 99% sure I don't want him to be part of the actual ceremony (my mother is more likely to give me away) as he had virtually had no part in raising me but even though we are rarely in contact he should know one of his daughters is going to get married in the not too distant future.
      Last edited by Blobcat; 06-03-2018, 18:48.

Comment

My father happened to be in Canada at the time of my second wedding and made some comment to my sister about being here "at this special moment" which set her off. I had to be very clear to her that he was not invited nor playing any part in the wedding, other than a coincidence in geography.

Comment

Went to my mate's leaving do last night, it was cool as funk but...alas...an awkward workmate confessed his undying love for a lass at work, got rejected...ended up crying his gutz out, blubbering like a beehatch up in that piece.

He's 46 and a longtime miserabilist. I have sympathy but he's a bit of a Tommy Tanker to other peeps so part of me thinks his current ennui is entirely justified...

Comment

This was a very prolonged experience and happened in front of EVERYBODY, btw, I'm not nasty and wouldn't film owt like that but I reckon someone gotta have taken footage of this excruciating trainwreck...

Comment

Let me say, take the most embarrassing memory you have.

Quadruple it, add 572 to the sum, then times by 167. That's how embarrassing we talking.

Comment

Oooooff. That sucks. Hey look on the bright side though jazzy. It wasn’t you this time in some hot mess. Win.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Let me say, take the most embarrassing memory you have.

Quadruple it, add 572 to the sum, then times by 167. That's how embarrassing we talking.
                  Carol Vorderman-level maths, there.

Comment

Maaaaaan, speaking to peeps at work today who were there on Friday nite, seems I missed out on 75% of the pain and embarrassment as I was out in the beer garden getting twaztad.

He said she was "the love of his life". 20 mins before he said that to her, she was snogging a 21yr old new starter and offering him a blowie later. She's eazylikesundaymawnin, knaarmean?
                    Last edited by JazzFunk; 10-04-2018, 03:50.

Comment

Sounds like great drama as long as you are not directly involved!

Reminds me of this footage on youtube we saw years ago of some tv show where a behind the scenes interview had this guy take the interview opportunity to turn around to his girlfriend and propose. She is stumped and clearly says.."can.....can we talk about this later?" Sooooooo painful to watch

EDIT it was a Play him off keyboard cat rejection video. LINK - https://archive.org/details/youtube-UElbT9iy6Rg

We quote it all the time when one of us makes a wild suggestion in decision making. Luckily not at our actual proposal though, tbh I can't remember saying much apart from yes as he did well surprising me with it.
                      Last edited by Blobcat; 10-04-2018, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        Sounds like great drama as long as you are not directly involved!

Reminds me of this footage on youtube we saw years ago of some tv show where a behind the scenes interview had this guy take the interview opportunity to turn around to his girlfriend and propose. She is stumped and clearly says.."can.....can we talk about this later?" Sooooooo painful to watch

EDIT it was a Play him off keyboard cat rejection video. LINK - https://archive.org/details/youtube-UElbT9iy6Rg

We quote it all the time when one of us makes a wild suggestion in decision making. Luckily not at our actual proposal though, tbh I can't remember saying much apart from yes as he did well surprising me with it.
                        When your finally married you’ll have to have a joint bordersdown account profile called Blobsura.

Comment

Gah, Blobcat, that was embarrassing!

But still not as bad as Andy the other night. Apparently, he rung one of my mates on his shift last night, says he's not bothered about the banter when he comes back into work...because he 'proper loves her'. Eeeeeek...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            When your finally married you’ll have to have a joint bordersdown account profile called Blobsura.
                            I'd prefer Asscat.

Comment

That video showed it to my wife....to say what he said about men and women pretty much described me and my wife 100%....and it made me laugh a lot lol

Comment

I'm a bit behind in this thread!
                                @JazzFunk - what's happened to the guy who splurted his undying love for his co-worker? He trying his luck with Davina now?
                                @Blobcat - This is my favourite live proposal:

@eastyy, I thought you'd posted this video at first:

Comment

Working...
                                X