X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A decade?

Maybe not.

Comment

Pretty good list. I think Galaxy 2 is a better game than 1 though.

Comment

I've played (not completed) everything on that list except Galaxy, Skyward Sword and Sin and Punishment 2... Only played Zelda: TP for the hack so does that count? Oh and haven't gotten around to ME2 yet... I've probably started and gotten to the endgame in the first ME around 6 or 7 times.

Comment

Nice to see Vanquish so high up the list.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Do I win a prize for having not​ played any of the top ten?
            You need to play Uncharted 2 right now before you make another post on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              05 - Mass Effect
              Corrected your typo for you

Seriously I'm guessing alot of people here didn't play the first ME and the 2 & 3 games are rubbish when compared to the first as there buggy and very dumbed down.

Bit of a rubbish top 10 sadly, I mean The Last of Us? that's just a now playing list

No

Dark Souls
              Ni no Kuni
              Valkyria Chronicles
              Dead Rising
              Armored Core For Answer
              Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
              Resonance of Fate
              Heavy Rain
              Blue Dragon
              Eternal Sonta
              Fallout 3
              Elder scrolls IV or V?

Nier's good but it's not a top 10 RPG game and the lack of PSN or XBLA games is criminal.

Comment

You clearly stated that you have played only a few hours of Nier. How can you condemn it to not being a top 10 RPG without even having experienced all it has to offer?

Comment

Because it isn't Valkyria Chronicles and Dark Soul are hands down the best RPG's this gen I played.

speedlolita I doubt you've played/owned even half this gen's RPG compared to me. Nier is quite heavily talked about compared to some of the other RPG's it good but it's not the best. It's has now got quite a cult following and deserved it's status as one of the more better games this gen, but it's not the best.

Magnacarta II & Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll are two examples, of two real unsung RPG gems this gen.
                  Last edited by S3M; 17-07-2013, 18:54.

Comment

That didn't answer the question whatsoever.

Comment

The internet isn't about answering questions. It's about being the best.

Obviously the reason that the list does not contain Deadly Premonition is that everyone just assumed it rather than bother to actually write it down.

Comment

Interesting top 10, I have played just one (MGS4) and didn't even manage to finish that...

I did buy quite a few more but erm didn't get around to playing any of them, I have played 4 of the second 10 though
                        Last edited by Neil; 17-07-2013, 19:01.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                          Corrected your typo for you

Seriously I'm guessing alot of people here didn't play the first ME and the 2 & 3 games are rubbish when compared to the first as there buggy and very dumbed down.

Bit of a rubbish top 10 sadly, I mean The Last of Us? that's just a now playing list

No

Dark Souls
                          Ni no Kuni
                          Valkyria Chronicles
                          Dead Rising
                          Armored Core For Answer
                          Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
                          Resonance of Fate
                          Heavy Rain
                          Blue Dragon
                          Eternal Sonta
                          Fallout 3
                          Elder scrolls IV or V?

Nier's good but it's not a top 10 RPG game and the lack of PSN or XBLA games is criminal.
                          The list voted by multiple people isn't exactly the same as my personal list! Oh the outrage!

Mass Effect 2 is better than ME1 in every way. Graphics, more streamlined gameplay (that does away with the rubbish like Mako and the cluster f*** inventory), characters, combat, you name it.

Also Fallout 3 is sh*t compared to New Vegas btw. and a rubbish RPG.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            That didn't answer the question whatsoever.
                            Because it not as good as Valkyria Chronicles I don't have time to play ever game as much as I like, after 10 hous of Nier and 10 hours of Valkyria Chronicles I choose to finish Valkyria Chronicles over Nier. Some dau I'll get back to it so right back at you.

Now to answer my question prinnysquad and speedlolita have you played the following RPG's to compare with Nier?

Dark Souls
                            Ni no Kuni: White Witch
                            Valkyria Chronicles
                            Resonance of Fate
                            Blue Dragon
                            Eternal Sonta
                            Lost Odyssey
                            Infinite Undiscovery
                            3D Dot game heroes
                            Magnacarta II
                            Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

Let me know when you have as these are all the best ones these gen I'd say

Comment

Well, I certainly don't agree with you on Ni no Kuni.

Comment

Yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, no, no.

All yes games were inferior in terms of how much I enjoyed them.

Now that's how you answer a question. I love the image of you playing Nier and Valkyria concurrently, up to ten hours apiece, then choosing which hoss to throw your lot in with.

Comment

Working...
                                X