The True Kings of Current Gen: Your Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The True Kings of Current Gen: Your Results

The choices have been tallied and below is the list of the ten greatest games of this generation (so far) as voted by you all. Where multiple games had the same count the deal breaker was which game reached the count first. Without further ado your current gen top 10 is...

01 - Super Mario Galaxy
    02 - Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves
    03 - Bayonetta
    04 - Vanquish
    05 - Mass Effect 2
    06 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    07 - The Last of Us
    08 - No More Heroes
    09 - Neir
    10 - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Not too shabby, I haven't played Nier so can't comment on that one. Good though it is, TLOU just feels like peoples standards have fallen

For the curious, here's the runner up 10:

11 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
    12 - Demon's Souls
    13 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    14 - Gears of War
    15 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    16 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    17 - Sin and Punishment 2
    18 - Mirrors Edge
    19 - Bioshock
    20 - Dragons Age: Origins

Do I win a prize for having not​ played any of the top ten?

Comment

Wow, can't believe I own 17 of those, I adopted pretty late but caught up nicely.

Comment

I own 17 of them too, the only one I'm missing that I'll definitely be grabbing would be Last of Us. Call of Duty 4 can bite me. Still, pretty impressed with the list! I didn't vote but I'm glad (and surprised) to see things like No More Heroes and Bayonetta so high. That said, where is Dark Souls?! I haven't finished Uncharted 2 but I really do not understand the crazy amounts of love that game gets.

Comment

It's actually a decent list, we did pretty well I'd say. Own them all yet to play a few, surprised about Nier really must play that...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Do I win a prize for having not​ played any of the top ten?
            Wait!? What!? Stop reading!! Start playing!!

Comment

Dark Souls was a bit further down I think skirting the position 30-40 mark along with stuff like Deadly Premonition and Ridge Racer 7

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                Wait!? What!? Stop reading!! Start playing!!
                It's easier to pop into a forum than play games whilst at work...

I tend to play games quite slowly, months at a time, so I don't really get through many.

01 - Super Mario Galaxy - I don't have a Wii
                02 - Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves - I want to play through the series and have so far not got past the turorial on U1!
                03 - Bayonetta - I have this in my "to play" pile
                04 - Vanquish - I have this in my "to play" pile
                05 - Mass Effect 2 - The series doesn't seem to interest me. Maybe I should try it.
                06 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - I want to play 3 before 4, but I keep playing the monkey hunt game!
                07 - The Last of Us - I'll get this when it's cheap or if LoveFilm send it before they drop games hire
                08 - No More Heroes - Don't know anything about it.
                09 - Neir - Don't know anything about it, but you lot love it so will check it out. I confuse this with X-Blades for some reason.
                10 - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - I've played SFII. They're all basically the same, aren't they?

Comment

List is wrong grumble grumble etc

Comment

I'm surprised I've played six of the top ten. Of those six I thought three of them were pish mind you!

Comment

TWO AMAZING ZELDA GAMES!

Comment

Only one 360 exclusive in the top 20.
                        Vs 4 each for wii and ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          09 - Neir - Don't know anything about it, but you lot love it so will check it out. I confuse this with X-Blades for some reason.
                          X-Blade is sooooo bad. I still completed it though.

This forum needs a Nier appreciation squad to inform others of its joy.

Comment

Seven of the top 10 were developed in Japan...

Where was that other topic that said they had to pull their socks up?

Comment

I'm dead serious... With just SSF4:AE, Bayonetta, and Sin and Punishment 2 you have probably a decades worth of gaming to dig through.

I'm happy with the list, that says a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X