No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rates are high now. First sale since new system was introduced. You even have to pay VAT selling your second hand items.

Comment

I’d say about 25% of sales I make on eBay the buyer doesn’t leave me any feedback
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        I’d say about 25% of sales I make on eBay the buyer doesn’t leave me any feedback
        I stopped leaving feedback after they removed the option for sellers to leave negative feedback on arsehole buyers. What's the point? That's not a feedback system. It's a one way street. You should be able to leave mutually bad feedback.

So now I just say **** it. CBA.

Comment

I try to leave feedback when I buy on Ebay but it does get boring if you've bought multiple items from the same seller and each one is listed separately in the purchase history/feedback options.

I recently bought 8 x 5m of 18AWG wire for an electronics project and, as they were all different colours, all listed separately as were the 4 packs of banana plugs and the matching sets of post terminals also bought from the same seller. Even with cutting and pasting the same positive feedback its a task that is more than a bit tedious.

I still did it but in similar circumstances in the future I probably wouldn't. I'd just do one representing the whole order.

Comment

I always leave feedback and expect buyers to do the same honestly. To me feedback left = transaction complete.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I always leave feedback and expect buyers to do the same honestly. To me feedback left = transaction complete.
              But are you actually leaving feedback, as a seller, when your only option is to leave positive feedback? Is that truly a free choice? Are you not just a man locked in a prison cell, saying to himself he is choosing not to get out of bed and leave his room, when in actual fact he has to remain in that room?

Break free speedlolita, don't play their game by their rules.

Comment

If the seller does a good job they should get feedback.

Comment

Feedback needs to be removed from business accounts full stop and just left for private to private. Its a shop at the end of the day for business, people pay in advance and get their goods, reviews are fine.

Comment

Feedback I think is valuable online, particularly negative feedback and how the seller deals with that.

Quite often the buyer leaving negative feedback is clearly a jerk but it tells you a lot about the seller how they handle that or indeed a genuine complaint. I've decided not to buy from particular sellers entirely because of the nature of their responses to negative feedback.

I've been on the receiving end of a few appalling sellers over the years that no matter how much time you've given them to sort out a problem and kept it entirely civil who've then gone off on one or have simply lied, demonstrably, no matter how unquestionably the fault has been on their side.
                    Last edited by fallenangle; 01-09-2021, 14:07.

Comment

Even still, you can’t have it both ways with feedback and reviews, its just open to abuse from arsehole customers and serial system gamers. Pick one or other. Obviously you need something in place but feedback for business sellers needs to go now and just have reviews for them.

Comment

Honestly with eBay... Something I've noticed lately.

There are a few items I have on saved searches; they come up sometimes and I bid on them. I am always instantly outbid, and from looking at the history, I can tell that the bidder is the same each time.

I believe I'm dealing with someone with 2 accounts. They have an item they want to sell for £30. They list it for £1, then on another account they bid £30, so that if it goes for under £30 (it always does) then they just pull it and re-list it a month later.

eBay just has no mechanism to complain about this.

Comment

I'm a UK buyer and bid on an item in London.

Got an email saying bid accepted, £4.20, then right beneath:
                          "20% VAT will apply "

Are they going to add 20% VAT on top of the £4.20? I thought my bid is what I pay. WYSIWYG.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            I'm a UK buyer and bid on an item in London.

Got an email saying bid accepted, £4.20, then right beneath:
                            "20% VAT will apply "

Are they going to add 20% VAT on top of the £4.20? I thought my bid is what I pay. WYSIWYG.
                            Is your main registered address in the UK right now? The seller may not be, despite what the listing says. May need a link here.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Is your main registered address in the UK right now? The seller may not be, despite what the listing says. May need a link here.
                              It is my main address. I actually forgot about the auction and didn't check here until now. It was for a SNES Scope, went for £45 to some other bidder.

Comment

So I see an item and email a sellers asking if they'd reduce it slightly. Next thing I see, they've doubled the price. So I message again:
                                Did you deliberately increase the price after I asked for a reduction? You're a funny guy! I think you should increase it again, and maybe again, and we can see just how high the tower goes!

Also, seriously, I will give you £8 all in for both issues, and that includes the postage, if you drop it to that on eBay.

I can play the long waiting game, my friend. Like ouroboros, the wheel will come full circle. Let us watch the prices dance in the moonlight!

Best of luck in your sales
                                Anyway, the cheeky chap replies saying he now refuses to sell it to me at any price!

Nothing to do with you at all, you re not the centre of the world! I just benchmarked prices recently. In any case I would not sell to you now. Good day to you.
                                So now I am very, VERY tempted to reply as follows:

If you adopted me then I'd be your sun (son) and then the planets would revolve around me! Are you saying if I click Buy it Now and pay you then you will deliberately destroy the item so I cannot have it? You're mean, new adopted papa.
                                But part of me also worries I might get reported and banned. How far is not enough, I ask?

Also, if it was any of you lot on here who I was corresponding with above, I say you're damned cheeky refusing sale!

Comment

Working...
                                X