No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of these companies give 2 s**** about the seller. It’s going to get to the point where sellers will be expected to pay others to take the item and send a cake to say thanks on top.

Comment

Great example of one Mercari listing resulting in 5 massively inflated eBay listings.

Comment

Talk of using photos taken from Japanese auction sites, I just discovered an eBay auction passing off my blog photos as the seller's photo.

Note this Xbox Magic Box:

They stole the photo from my old blog entry:
        Today I finally received my Magic Box controller adapter for my original Xbox, and with it so begins a revolution in the way I play games. B...

That's my hand in the photo!

Does the guy on eBay even have the item for sale? Weird. Why not just photograph your own item?

From the auction:
        YOU ARE BUYING ONLY THE MAGIC-BOX CONTROLLER ADAPTER!
        THE SATURN CONTROLLER AND THE XBOX CONSOLE ARE NOT INCLUDED!
        THEY ARE THERE JUST FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY.
        You lying sack of crap. That's my Xbox, and my Saturn controller, and my Magic Box!

Comment

Can I ask something - has the price of conventional postage for things massively jumped since Brexit?

I keep seeing things which would've been a fiver a few years ago now having a postage cost of ~£15.

And postage for even small items from the US has jumped to ~$30.

Comment

The US thing is due to a flat rate charge now almost up to 4lb so it sucks for small items as it costs the same as something weighing 2kg for the most part.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Recently sold an item in the early hours of Monday morning, shipped it at lunch time and they received it yesterday.

Normally the money would arrive in my account the same day as the payout but in this instance it looks as if it is going to take 3 working day going by my Monzo app telling me I'm due a payment tomorrow. Not a fan of this if it is how it will be going forward.

Comment

As a follow up, apparently this happened due to a technical issue.

Dear Seller,
                There was a technical issue that delayed disbursement of scheduled payouts to UK sellers on the 14th and 15th June, 2022. This issue has been resolved and all payouts have been processed. Depending on your bank, it may take up to 4 business days for the funds to clear in your bank account and become available to you..

We apologise for any inconvenience.

As always, thanks for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Comment

How come PS4 consoles faulty or not, are selling pretty well on eBay on the moment? Thinking of flogging mine on there now it's sitting around doing nothing. Are they being sought after due to modding?
                  Last edited by hudson; 26-06-2022, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    How come PS4 consoles faulty or not, are selling pretty well on eBay on the moment? Thinking of flogging mine on there now it's sitting around doing nothing. Are they being sought after due to modding?
                    That could be an element of it considering a fairly recently fw was exploitable. More likely the reason is that they are affordable and available, where the PS5 is not.

Comment

That's just why I bought one recently too - affordable. I got a PS4 Slim v2 apparently in good very condition for under £200. I've had to shell out on a HDMI audio breakout device because the v2 is missing the TOSLink optical audio port, something I did not know when I bought it. But otherwise no problems.

It has most of the PS3 games I missed out on never having owned one and at prices that are often quite reasonable.

Back on topic: Ebay.

Something weird happened when I ordered a couple of eSATA cables for an external HDD enclosure. The seller, by mistake I hope, sent me two boxed CD-RW/Card Readers circa 2003. Practically useless.

Problem is that either the seller's minions (an Ebay shop) are as thick as a brick or I'm dealing with some kind of customer services bot.
                      Whoever or whatever it is they don't seem to understand that I was sent completely the wrong items and keep on asking me for the product ID on the cable bags I did not receive.

I do not have a digital camera so I can't show them exactly what I was sent and the packaging it came in so maybe they're just being cautious. But its getting annoying having to repeat message about a simple and easily understood problem, now three times.

Comment

Original 90's Mr Blobby costume up for sale

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125721940...YrrBicpLqobStA

Comment

Used eBay recently to sell a couple of things, first time doing so in years. It’s taken them about two weeks to pay the money in to my account, is this the norm with them now?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Used eBay recently to sell a couple of things, first time doing so in years. It’s taken them about two weeks to pay the money in to my account, is this the norm with them now?
                            You can set payment frequency in your account Ive got it set so it pays funds out on a daily basis, sometimes it takes 2 days, never had it take 2 weeks before.

Comment

I've set my account for daily pay-outs and get next day payments into my Monzo account. I cannot explain your delay but that isn't the intended norm.

Comment

Just spent half the day installing a brand spanking new TV aerial signal amplifier I received on Thursday bought from the fairly well known electronic goods company Kenable via Ebay.

I wanted to wall mount it and that meant some DIY hassle but that all went very well. Connected everything up, switched on the device and..........nothing. Dead as a dead duck, no LEDs nor any indications that it is working at all. Checked the fuse, even checked that I might have missed an on/off switch but no.

Wish I'd checked it before I even started to install the thing. More hassle getting a replacement will no doubt ensue.

Irony is that the no name aerial signal amplifier it was meant to replace is over 20 years old and has been powered on for most of that time 24/7. The epitome of reliability but It was starting to get a bit yellowed and tatty so I thought it best to replace it and I go and get this dud new out of the box.

Annoying.

18.09.23 Edit

What a palaver - to return it for replacement you must initiate the Returns process which needs both a digital camera and a printer.

You can't complete the return without providing a photo of the item not working or the final Confirm button remains greyed out. The the returns label you apparently must use of course needs a printer.

There's no other option/postage address facility so what people do if they don't have a printer and a camera (at least £200 of anyone's money) I can't guess. The cost and hassle might even put some people off returning faulty goods.
                                Last edited by fallenangle; 18-09-2023, 12:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X