No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a limited edition, Evercade EXP as they can be got for a pretty decent price and the black limited edition one comes with a few nice carts as well as including the Toaplan collection featuring Metal Slug like submarine shooter In the hunt, as well as Zero Wing and Snow Bros. All seemed good seller said it had hardly been used and it looked mint but as it had been sat for a while the battery was completely depleted when it arrived, Gave it a charge and it died after about 30 minutes, and now wont charge at all. So as a portable system with a non replaceable battery the thing is pretty useless, i know its the battery as it will power on if you plug in a usbc cable.

Tried to arrange a return, seller refused apparently they have spent the money and don't want the item back! so on too ebay i go for a return request. I then gets a tirade of abuse from the seller, saying im a thief and how do they know i haven't swapped the units with a faulty one, All the usual accusations you get from a dodgy seller. They don't seem to want to shut up either so rather than put up with the daily tirade i contacted eBay to see if they could escalate the case. nope Ive got to give them till the 18th until eBay will step in. I tried to contact eBay via email and it got me nowhere they don't have a phone line or a web chat and emails just receive stock responses. what a farce
    Last edited by Lebowski; 15-10-2023, 22:54.

Comment

What is everyone using to send packages worth over £50? Royal Mail keep quoting me £8.15 even though their website says their Tracked 48 option covers up to £150 and costs £3.29? Post Office locations don't seem to know about it or say it won't cover me up to the amount I need (£80 most recently).

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        What is everyone using to send packages worth over £50? Royal Mail keep quoting me £8.15 even though their website says their Tracked 48 option covers up to £150 and costs £3.29? Post Office locations don't seem to know about it or say it won't cover me up to the amount I need (£80 most recently).
        I don't think the Tracked 24 or 48 options are available at the post office, for some reason. I use Tracked 48 all the time though, great value for such a good service. Usually you have to print your own label or have a post office that does labels, and I think you can only buy online. Give it a go if you can, its great.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I don't think the Tracked 24 or 48 options are available at the post office, for some reason. I use Tracked 48 all the time though, great value for such a good service. Usually you have to print your own label or have a post office that does labels, and I think you can only buy online. Give it a go if you can, its great.
          Cheers I'll go for that. I walked in to the post office thinking I could just choose Tracked 48 in person but the guy behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about and insisted it would cost £8.15. I begrudgingly paid it as I needed to get it out there and then but it's irked me ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            Cheers I'll go for that. I walked in to the post office thinking I could just choose Tracked 48 in person but the guy behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about and insisted it would cost £8.15. I begrudgingly paid it as I needed to get it out there and then but it's irked me ever since.
            Additionally, if you're the sort that works from home you can arrange a collection at no extra cost.

Here's the link I have saved for sorting out postage.

Whether you're sending one item or several, buying postage online is easy. Choose from over 14,000 drop off points, including our 24/7 Parcel Postboxes.

Comment

The eBay Saga continues, So after my seller ran down the clock and refused a return, eBay have found in my favor and have forced a return. I'm a bit skeptical about sending the item back to the person i got it from as no doubt this wont be the end of it. Its been quite an unpleasant saga, so far and i get the feeling the return is not going to go smoothly. so worst case scenarios based on what hes said, He could refuse the item, claim ive not sent the correct item back or, claim I've swapped the item out. it got me thinking what can i do to stop shenanigans as its my word vs his.

Ebay customer service have been pretty unhelpful in the whole matter and have done the bare minimum, Their agents aren't their to help but just to read you a script about eBay seller guarantees, youd think at the bare minimum they would be able to review the messages between the two partys and see when one person is being unhelpful and speed the process up or act as a intermediary so you dont have to talk directly to the seller.

It got me thinking that they really are behind the times with Customer service and are pretty hands off leaving the sellers and automation to do most of the CS work. Considering how much they take in fees from each sale you'd at least hope they could provide a little bit of help when things go wrong, In my recent experience its all very much a one size fits all solution and its a very easy system to break.

Even after all this i still feel bad about leaving negative feedback for them, despite them being a nightmare to deal with.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 18-10-2023, 11:07.

Comment

....And i cant even leave negative feedback, it was removed as i discussed case details, so if someone accuses you of stealing threatens you and its done in a Ebay return case you cant put any of that info on your feedback or it will be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Additionally, if you're the sort that works from home you can arrange a collection at no extra cost.

Here's the link I have saved for sorting out postage.

https://send.royalmail.com/
                  This is just a promotion they’re doing, collection every day normally costs £870 a year when you spend less than £17k per year.

Comment

So daft thing eBay has now changed.

If you "submit offer", eBay now has you actually pay. Then they refund you if the seller refuses (and obviously auto-pay if they accept).

Now I've got to assume this is to prevent spurious offers. Those of us who sell on eBay sometimes will get this; sometimes you get loads. It also explains why those spurious offers all come via PM now, not via actual eBay offers.

But as an honest buyer this is pretty crap.

Comment

As a seller, you can turn this off in the 'Buyer Management' section.

I think this is one of those Ebay policies that was rolled out, people had to opt into, but in typical Ebay BS fashion, they randomly enroll some sellers here and there anyway. I never opted in, then one day, I saw that I had been. Cheeky ****ers.

Much like Ebay global shipping bs actually. I have / would never opt in / use that ****e, yet lo and behold, one day I'm getting offers on stuff from all over when I only sell to the UK...I check...all my listings now include worldwide shipping...wtf...Ebay have added me to their shipping ****e! Fortunately that's an easy change too (in 'Postage preferences'), but still annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        If you "submit offer", eBay now has you actually pay. Then they refund you if the seller refuses (and obviously auto-pay if they accept).
                        Was already aware of this when eBay rolled it out in the US last year, caught a few people out on the buying side as sometimes took ages to refund, didn't realise they'd finally introduced it here too.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                        X