All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
    Just had to close my first unpaid item case, where the buyer ignored all communication after winning the listing and continued to buy ?70+ N64 games and consoles afterward instead of paying up. eBay really needs to do more to punish these timewasters instead of warning them with an unpaid item strike. Had nothing but trouble since I started selling to Europe as well as the UK.
    Although I don't do huge amounts of selling on Ebay, I started listing and selling to UK only after international buyers winning my auction and trying to scam me. I know you'll make less money but equally I prefer the lack of hassle.

So agree with you on item strikes as I did have someone go immediately silent after winning an auction (gave them 2 weeks to pay) fairly recently. Should immediately be a penalty fee on future transactions (even to charity or something), IP ban or removed from eBay full-stop rather than 'unpaid item strikes' that are far too lenient and wishy washy. But I guess eBay prefer to facilitate a buyer's environment as much as they can with minimal policing and don't want to rock their profit boat.

Comment

Well I knew this would happen. Been clearing out some games on eBay with cheap BIN's and including free first class shipping. Got a message today saying a game hasn't been received from someone with a poor grasp of English and recent negative feedback. Normally i never sell anything without minimum recorded post. Was guaranteed I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
        Well I knew this would happen. Been clearing out some games on eBay with cheap BIN's and including free first class shipping. Got a message today saying a game hasn't been received from someone with a poor grasp of English and recent negative feedback. Normally i never sell anything without minimum recorded post. Was guaranteed I suppose.
        Always get a proof of posting and you can reclaim from royal mail

Comment

It doesn't really matter for how much money it is. I highly doubt they haven't received the game though.

Comment

Royal Mail that good then?

Comment

No, more that the buyer in question seems a bit of a prick.

Comment

Haha I don't doubt that either! Between **** buyers and crap postal service, we have no chance.

Comment

Is ebay borked at the moment? Anyone else having issues logging in?

Comment

Yeah...couldn't log on earlier,very strange and it was switching onto the US site(for me anyway,I by a lot from the states.)

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      Is ebay borked at the moment? Anyone else having issues logging in?
                      Yup - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23812366

Comment

Got some issues with one seller

He bid on a few items spaced over 16 days and I had to open a non payer dispute to get payment

2 days later he tells eBay that the payment wasn't made from him so my 0 balance suddenly becomes -?50 whilst they investigate

Looking at him he has been giving feedback over the time he bid on these and after payment, his addressees match on eBay and PayPal

Checking the tracking it was delivered the day before he opened the dispute, just hope PayPal see sense and even though I've sent proof that it was sent and a screen grab of it being delivered I'm sure there will be a reason why it's decided I'm at fault

Bloody joke

Comment

It looks like I've paid eBay's ridiculous inbuilt import charges for nothing on an NTSC-U SNES game from the US- RM have just hit me for another ?15 on top of the $15 I've already paid!

Comment

Oh dear... I was afraid of that, and the one item I bought from an eBay seller so far that's used the Global Program, I deliberately asked him to ship outside of the program to avoid the prepaid charges. Thankfully he agreed.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Usually I ask too but this seller was cagey about even sending it in a box, so I just let it go. I'll have to pay RM and take it up with eBay, I think. Not hopeful after recent experiences of their customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                                It looks like I've paid eBay's ridiculous inbuilt import charges for nothing on an NTSC-U SNES game from the US- RM have just hit me for another ?15 on top of the $15 I've already paid!
                                This is really beginning to get on my tits

I want to order some Figuarts DBZ figures for my brother for Christmas & his birthday but all the cheapest ones are signed up to this ridiculous service.
                                When did this become the norm??

It's a pain in the arse as normally everything I've ordered has been Customs free (sellers mark down) & I expect this stuff would be as well but Ebay want to force you to pay before it's even here.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X