All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
    Usually I ask too but this seller was cagey about even sending it in a box, so I just let it go. I'll have to pay RM and take it up with eBay, I think. Not hopeful after recent experiences of their customer service.
    You got anywhere with this yet out of interest?
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just received what looks like an offocial Paypal e-mail:-

"We need your help resolving an issue with your account. We ask that you
      can provide us with some more information to allow us to work on this issue,
      we ask that you follow the link below and complete a few simple questions
      about information related to your account.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal
      account. We want to work with you to keep your account active.

Whats the problem?
      For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some
      more information about the use of your debit or credit card linked to your
      PayPal account.

How you can help
      Its usually quite straightforward to take care of these things. Most of
      the time, we just need some more information about your account or latest
      transactions.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and cant do with your
      account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the
      Resolution Centre".

Well I certainly didn't use the link in the e-mail but I signed into Paypal and went to the Resolution Centre and........nothing. There's no indication about any problem. I haven't used eBay/Paypal for three or four months and my account is in a small amount of credit and that is what is shown there too.

I've e-mailed Paypal directly and asked for an explanation.

Is this likely a very well done phishing attempt that others here might have had or something genuine from Paypal because whatever it is I'm concerned.

Comment

if they spoke to you directly (your name) then its a good chance its official

if it was dear sir or something else then its bogus - paypal always use named communication

Comment

It was actually addressed to "Undisclosed Recipients" and that was the first thing that put my guard up.

The only thing it might be, if it is genuine, is that when my credit card was replaced earlier this year after my details had been hacked online somewhere else I had to register the new card details at a few place I regularly shop online including Paypal. Those new details are shown in my Paypal account correctly and I've used the card since to purchase stuff. But when I went to My Account just now I did see that the old card is still being shown as one of my (now two) registered cards.

I'd swear I deleted the old, compromised one at the time when I registered the new card details but maybe not. I certainly did everywhere else.

But if this is the case why have Paypal taken so long to notice this (the new card was issued over four months ago) and the details of the problem not explained, let alone how to resolve it. As said there is nothing about it I can see in my Paypal Account pages so it just added to my suspicion.

I've forwarded the suspect e-mail to the appropriate Paypal 'spoofs emails' department as suggested by a correctly directed automated response to my Paypal support enquiry and I'll see what they say. Better safe than sorry.

Wednesday Edit:-

Still haven't had any confirmation from Paypal as to whether the email was a phishing attempt or genuine.

However I later remembered why I hadn't removed the old, cancelled credit mentioned from my account - I was being actively stopped with the only explanation being a message saying that there was some "......authorisation pending".

I tried to cancel the card again during this latest matter and was still prevented in the same way. But after contacting customer services they have now done it themselves and also confirmed there is no problem with the account. That is good news but whether the original, suspect, email was about this or some other unspecified matter nothing was said.
          Last edited by fallenangle; 13-11-2013, 12:10.

Comment

anyone having trouble signing in? i was on yetsreday morning, but tried to sign in today and my username/passowrd is incorrect.

tried resetting but i receive no email from Ebay after i put in my email address?

ignore! must be friday maintenance....hopefully
            Last edited by beecee; 22-11-2013, 07:42.

Comment

some ebay users are real tossers, i won 6 auctions from one person, all for a pound or two of pound each, each of which had ?3 posting and i requested 3/4 times for a total combing postage which was ignored, and to day i got payment requests for all the auctions.

so postage is ?18 for ?8 worth of items, all of them could easily be packaged together and posted for a fiver max.

so i put down different postal address (sisters/parents/mine/friends) for each item, so he has to post individually.

Comment

Recently sold a Dreamcast Broadband adapter on Ebay. Now, the buyer is claiming I sent a 56k modem instead (I didn't) and he is not interested in me sending him a replacement unit and just wants a refund.

It is so infuriating that Ebay will in 9/10 cases side with the buyer and give him a full refund but is there anything i can do? I will probably stop using Ebay after this as it is just not worth the hassle.

Comment

Do you have a picture of the actual BB adapter you sent the buyer and serial number? That is good evidence which would be difficult to ignore.

I suspect he's found out it doesn't work with his ISP or something like that.

Even if you put "No Refunds" in the listing if he's claiming that what you sent isn't what he ordered then eBay will probably require you to refund the money (when he returns it) unless you can actually prove he's the one lying.

Comment

Need help

Gonna list a few things over the weekend and eBay have changed the template to sell

I used to have a couple of old sales saved so i could click on one and it's pretty much done but I can't find them

**found it**
                    Last edited by buster_broon; 18-01-2014, 13:33.

Comment

For the second time in three months I have had that exactly the same Paypal e-mail request for information about the credit/debit card associated with my account mentioned a few posts above.

Pretty sure it is phishing so deleted it but because Paypal actually never confirmed whether or not they sent the original one even though again no problem is shown in my account I've had to contact them to find out if everything is indeed OK.

If Paypal had just said the original one wasn't anything to do with them I would have not worried about this new one. Now I have to wait for a reply to find out if there is some problem. Annoying.

Comment

First dodgy buyer...last item I was selling too. Knew I wouldn't get away without trouble.

Buyer won the auction...asked if I would send the game to another address to the one on the PayPal account. I refused as it would scupper the meagre seller protection eBay offer.

So next thing I get a payment and a message telling me To send it to this other address because "other people had no problem with it"...a different surnamed womans account with an address nowhere near this guys address.

If I refund him...can I just easily cancel the transaction and get a refund from eBay? Or is this going to be a drawn out nightmare?

Comment

Tell the customer to log in to PayPal, modify their profile, and create a 2nd (gift) address. Then they select that one when they pay. If they have already paid, refund, then have them repay using the desired shipping address.

Comment

It has been a couple of years since I listed anything on eBay. Since then, they seem to have created more barriers between countries so I have an item listed and had to do so through Irish eBay because they also changed how the shipping works. The effect of that is that the chances of anyone seeing it from the US on eBay.com are close to non-existent. They have to exhaust all search listings in the US and then actively go looking for international sellers.

So I have an item that is often pretty sought after gathering dust there right now.

Anyone know if there are ways to improve listings on the main eBay.com site?

Comment

Since moving to the US I have used eBay a fair bit and you now have the option of sending your item to the international shipping center and then eBay then sorts of the international fulfillment themselves which makes your product available for quite a few different eBay sites, does the UK one not have this?

Comment

Hmm... I don't see that on mine but it could well be there. It has got a little more complicated since I last listed anything. Going through the eBay help, bizarrely it recommends going through the listing process on each international store so creating a whole bunch of separate listings for the same product, which seems really weird and time-consuming when a button click should do the same job.

Comment

Working...
                                X