All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Instead, the item was listed with the winning price as the starting price with the same pictures, suggesting that someone won it, then before even receiving it, they immediately listed it again.
    Yeah, I can see that now.. you didn't mention it had been relisted with the same photos in your previous post
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Yeah, I can see that now.. you didn't mention it had been relisted with the same photos in your previous post
      Ah whoops But yeah, that's how I was pretty sure.

I'll just wait for an unsealed copy to come along; I didn't actually want a sealed one anyway as I plan to open it.

Comment

I don't know if anyone here has experienced the new Paypal "Strong Customer Authentication" system but it is the most stupid verification method I've ever come across.

For me, for some reason, it is not working. I'm not getting the telephone call to be able to key in the verification code. I've tried multiple times and...........................nothing.

Trouble is that to fix or change anything that is wrong in your account details or even contact Paypal you have to login....................................do you see the problem?

On the verification page there is an option for 'other methods' but all it does it bounce you back to the same verification by 'phone screen with no other options.

Laughably I've been able to change my Paypal password because that doesn't require you to login.......................................stupid . I signed up to the Paypal Community Forum (which you can do using your Paypal account login details) and there was a thread from another guy complaining about the same problem. It was started over two months ago and there's been no response by Paypal. So its pretty clear their representatives are not monitoring the forum at all so it is pretty useless.

I need to add a my new card details to my account as my old card registered there has expired and I'm getting e-mail prompts from them to do that. I'm at a loss to know what to do.

Comment

It’s giving me text messages with passcodes not phone calls to log in, but it’s becoming annoying having to do that the majority of times.

Comment

My registered 'phone is a landline so I'm guessing that is why the text option (also used by Amazon) is not available but if you go to the help pages it says you can verify by email but, again, no option on the actual pages concerned to do that.

I'm thinking that somehow a wrong telephone number has been saved for my account. That is the problem the other guy on the Paypal forum has. He registered his old 'phone number originally but when he moved he didn't update the info on his Paypal account. Its likely the poor old new home owner has been getting nuisance calls from Paypal for the last two months.

Comment

i will say there were copious messages (and emails) from Paypal the previous three months saying to make sure your phone number was correct and up to date because they were introducing this double security layer.

Comment

None of that came my way. The first message I had was to advise that as my card was nearing expiry I should update the account details.

That's when I started trying to do exactly that and came across this problem.

There were no messages in my Ebay inbox either about this, which should have resulted in emails if there had been anything.

Its probably because I'm not a registered seller, never have been. I only buy from Ebay. I prefer being ripped off by Amazon when I'm selling stuff.

Comment

So I just finally won a two month claim against a Chinese seller through PayPal. One of those situations where you think you're buying something in the UK and expecting what was advertised, then receiving a piece of garbage from China. It's ridiculous it's taken this long but it feels good.

Comment

Selling PS5s for £750 is one thing, but selling photos of the PS5 for £750 in the hopes unwitting buyers don't realise what they're buying, man, that's low. Looking at the completed listings, it seems folk are falling for it too. Imagine the disappointment expecting a PS5 in the post but having a photo arrive instead!

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-PS5-c...AAAOSwoQZfv4cj

Selling PS5s for £750 is one thing, but selling photos of the PS5 for £750 in the hopes unwitting buyers don't realise what they're buying, man, that's low. Looking at the completed listings, it seems folk are falling for it too. Imagine the disappointment expecting a PS5 in the post but having a photo arrive instead!
                      It's gone a bit meta too as there's a photos of people selling photos of ps5s for sale too

Comment

Scalper just asked me to knock £5 off an item when they got £800 for a PS5. Think I'll pass on that.

Comment

Heh.

So my first time selling on Ebay has been interesting. I have a few minutes left on my items and have just had quite a bit of drama the last half an hour.

I have a particularly valuable/ rare/ sort after lot which is a collection of items that came with a magazine in said magazine. One of those items alone sells historically between £70 - £200 and mine is mint in packet in a sealed envelope encased in this magazine. I have seen some items from this 'pack' sold individually in the past so having a complete one together is quite rare and I thought it would be nice to sell together.

All my 10 items I had a low starting price at £1 except this (£15) and a new boxed collectors box set of another game (£10) despite being advised to just chuck everything on for £1 by the bloke. All had bids except this particular one which only had 5 watchers. Just over an hour before end of the auction still no one had bid on it so I felt it was right to pull the item and either re list in the future maybe with a buy it now option or split the items (I am in no rush to sell it).

Within 5 minutes of pulling it I have been inundated with people saying they were just about to put their max bid in and trying to offer me the starting price to buy, some quite snarky when I said I didn't want to sell privately. If they were interested they should have put a starter bid on and waited at the end. I'm all for sniping the highest bid at the end but I wouldn't have a go at a seller for taking something off if I didn't at least start a bid on it

Not sure if I have been a dick about this but I felt I did the right thing considering the value of it, if someone HAD bid on it I would have left it as is. Told everyone who has complained that they should consider bidding for an item if they are interested in it.

Comment

Early bids let other buyers know there's real competition and potentially raise the price. I always bid within the last 5-10 seconds personally. I get not wanting it to go too low but you could always put a reserve in, or go for a BIN. Wallets are open for a Covid Xmas.

-edit-
                            Not sure if you know this, but Sunday evenings are the best time for an auction to end. Everything sells higher during that timeframe. Just a heads up for future reference if not.
                            Last edited by Cepp; 01-12-2020, 20:31. Reason: reword

Comment

Yeah originally I sort to put a reserve in but I was almost ok with it selling lower as I got it originally for a steal.

But being my first ever lots I ever sold I wanted to make things simple first time and I am not in a massive rush to sell it so may re-list it to end a week on Sunday with a reserve or a BIN.

Made £250 selling 8 games and a Club Nintendo item so not bad overall, however a car bill for £400 out of my savings last month has kinda taken the wind out of my sails slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                                Yeah originally I sort to put a reserve in but I was almost ok with it selling lower as I got it originally for a steal.

But being my first ever lots I ever sold I wanted to make things simple first time and I am not in a massive rush to sell it so may re-list it to end a week on Sunday with a reserve or a BIN.

Made £250 selling 8 games and a Club Nintendo item so not bad overall, however a car bill for £400 out of my savings last month has kinda taken the wind out of my sails slightly.
                                Not bad at all! Good luck with the future sale

Comment

Working...
                                X