No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You take the shipping cost into account when you buy something surely? They take a cut as there used to be loads of listings of 1p and a tenner for shipping, for example. The fees were only paid on the 1p.

Comment

I take it ebay is mostly bust now? I assume sellers taking stuff to the post office that they've sold is non-essential?

Comment

Post offices are open!

Comment

Good stuff, I had a spending spree... lol

Comment

How are international businesses able to list themselves as UK sellers, often with multiple accounts traced backed to the same biz abroad? There's another site abroad I've been looking at also and most reviews are obviously fake.

Comment

Yes, its damned annoying. Particularly during the recent problems I've been buying a few things but specifically from those listed as UK sellers and claiming that is where the items are located.

Three times now, when the items have arrived, two to three weeks later they've obviously come straight from HK or China.

EDIT

Highly suspicious - I've been expecting receipt of something from a guy supposedly UK based and the item likewise but, again, turns out both are actually in China. 100% positive feedback, on Ebay since 2014 - item is shown as dispatched but the seller is now not listed as an Ebay seller.

How long should I wait (already 3 days overdue) before opening a dispute and attempt to get my money back?

EDIT 2

Waited another 8 days then opened an item not received case with Ebay.

They were very quick in responding, within 72hrs found in my favour and I've now been reimbursed for the full amount.

Very impressed with Ebay's handling of this. Last time I had a serious problem with a seller like this, a long while ago now, it dragged on for weeks.
              Last edited by fallenangle; 10-04-2020, 11:10.

Comment

Not a silly price or anything but I'm a bit miffed. I got outbid on a game I wanted to buy to play yesterday.

Today, I got a notification that it has been relisted, and it's by the person who won it. They haven't even received it yet and have already relisted it, with their final bid as the starting price. :angry:

Comment

I have never sold anything on Ebay but with Christmas and lockdown blues looming it may be a good time to start especially now I have quite a few decent relative gaming items to sell.

Just worried about getting to the post office to send stuff off during lockdown, the opening times of post offices can be extremely varied in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                    I have never sold anything on Ebay but with Christmas and lockdown blues looming it may be a good time to start especially now I have quite a few decent relative gaming items to sell.

Just worried about getting to the post office to send stuff off during lockdown, the opening times of post offices can be extremely varied in my experience.
                    if you make sure you have an account setup they do £1 final fees for sellers every few weekends. That way you only pay £1 + PayPal fees (+postage if you don't charge the buyer)
                    instead of 10% of whatever your items sell for.
                    You have to make sure you have an active account before hand and then accept the offer when they email you.

Comment

Thanks I'll look into that. The bloke sells stuff all the time on it but I have not. Will try and start photographing stuff this week and look into the fees thing.

Comment

ive had someone tell me they have sent the wrong item to me and asked me to forward it without opening it looks like they have sent my item to someone else too anyone had this before feels a bit dodgy to me.

Comment

I've sold loads of stuff on eBay whilst living in Australia but here in the UK the amount of dodgy or fraudulent sellers/buyers seems so much higher... I presume just because it's a bigger market and proximity to Europe.

I've had more issues with eBay in a year than I had in a decade in Australia. Thankfully as a buyer PayPal does help somewhat but the timescale it takes to get reimbursed is painful.

Comment

Turns out I have something that's quite rare, not worth a huge sum but based on listings potentially something in the £100 region maybe but likely a pain to post... man I hate dealing with ebay but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Today, I got a notification that it has been relisted, and it's by the person who won it. They haven't even received it yet and have already relisted it, with their final bid as the starting price. :angry:
                              Considering all buyer IDs are obfuscated at minimum now, how do you know it's the buyer reselling it? Feedback score matches?
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Considering all buyer IDs are obfuscated at minimum now, how do you know it's the buyer reselling it? Feedback score matches?
                                Not sure I understand.

The item was a very unusual thing; a copy of an obscure console game, sealed, the EU-Italian version. Someone won the auction, then the item was up for sale again just afterwards, same photos. If it was the seller, let down by the buyer, then they can offer to the next person and that would've been me, only maybe £1 cheaper.

Instead, the item was listed with the winning price as the starting price with the same pictures, suggesting that someone won it, then before even receiving it, they immediately listed it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X