All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Same I do prefer the upfront fees instead of a chunk coming out, but my funds took 4 days to clear and be available which was redic. Wish I hadn't done it now tbh.
    Well, yes. I was being conservative with the amount of days it takes. I posted something yesterday, buyer has recieved the item and I'm still waiting on funds to become available to me. Pretty ****. lol

Comment

I sold a bluray on 29th apr and didn’t get payment until the 5th may. (I know BH probably slowed things down, but it’s not 1980 either, waiting for cheques to clear). Also got a tax invoice for the sale,(am not registered as a business seller), so I think this will be monitored more closely. I don’t think many people realise that you can only make £1000 per year as a sole trader, before you have to declare it. I think the tax man will start knockingon people’s doors more often with this new method.

Comment

Yeah it definitely feels as if eBay is wanting to treat all sellers as businesses. Good point about the income per year too, may well have exceeded that last year. Will have to keep that in mind going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Also got a tax invoice for the sale, so I think this will be monitored more closely. I don’t think many people realise that you can only make £1000 per year as a sole trader, before you have to declare it. I think the tax man will start knockingon people’s doors more often with this new method.
          I feel this might be due to the UK government. They borrowed/spent so much money recently, they need to claw it back somehow. Putting the squeeze on eBay to report big sellers to HMRC sounds like a good plan.

Things are only going to get worse across everything.

Comment

It's now $600 limit per year going forward to 2021 in the US before people have to declare it for tax purposes, so expect in certain collecting circles a lot of high end pieces people might have been debating selling coming out this year to avoid paying tax on the profits.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Not a fan of this new payment system at all. Had an item sell yesterday, buyer immediately payed and ebay want me to send it out. I cant see the money though and its not in my bank account yet. Yeah it'll probably be fine but that not the point.

Theres no benefit here for me. If they insist on doing it this way the money should appear in your account as quickly as it does with PayPal.

Comment

It won't. Part of the disassociation from Paypal is to keep more of the fee money for itself, and hold onto it for a few days to accrue more interest in the process. You likely won't see the money until end of the week. Sucks for people selling stuff to raise money immediately.

Comment

Just got an email telling me payment was on its way and can take up to 4 days. I thought it was already on its way! The item was payed for on Monday.

Greedy ****s.

Comment

How does it look in your bank? Is there any way to see which item the payment is from, or is it all simply from "ebay".

In which case it sucks for people trying to make sure everything has gone through correctly.

Comment

I believe it just says "eBay" from what I've been told, so yes, you'll have no way to directly know which items a payment is for, unless you cross reference the total.

Comment

That is rubbish. There are a substantial amount of ebayers who sell thousands of the same item for the same price. Their bank statements will look insane.

Surely it is in ebay's interest to hold the money until you choose to withdraw it, and give people the option to pay for items using that money.

Comment

It says "Adyen N.V. eBay" and then lists a bunch of letters/numbers which look like a reference. I can't find that reference anywhere on my eBay account though.

Comment

If your a big seller it actually worked out better in the long run vs PayPal as they take a slightly less of a cut, setting your payments up as every day automates things as well.

You can still use PayPal however, I believe its been put in the listing itself when creating it.

Comment

All payments to you as a seller gets redirected to your designated bank account now post migration. Even Paypal payments. So you won't get any Paypal balance now unless you do private sales outside of eBay. Which is why I'm going to add my Paypal specific bank account to my eBay account when I'm forced to migrate so technically I can still use my "eBay money" via Paypal.

Comment

Got a package from an eBay seller yesterday and under the brown packing tape there was a very definite pube encased like a mosquito in amber.

Savages out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X