No announcement yet.

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure its new, for at least the last year US postage prices for small games started at about £16. I ended up getting games from Japan as they were about 1/4 of those postage prices. The import charges might be new, can't remember seeing that before

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the postage prices for US items have gone berserk? I keep seeing things like shirts or decals, i.e. quite lightweight items, with postage costs of $40, well more than the value of the item. Is this a Brexit thing or did I miss something?

Comment

Yeah, that's been the case for a little while now. I'm not sure why it is. It's only on Ebay though. US to UK shipping from other places hasn't shot up in that way.

Comment

Yeah I nearly got stung with this when I was shopping this week for random Animal Crossing. Decided to bite the bullet and agree to buy with silly money postage from the us (which was the same price as item which is double what it was worth in the first place). Was just about to pay now when I saw the import underneath which was the same again! F*** that!

Been buying a few Weeb worthy collectible things from mainland Europe since last weekend and am impatient for them to arrive. Realized I should probably list another batch of stuff to get some money coming in even if it is a trickle so currently listing drafts of just names and photos of my Animal Crossing dupicate amiibo cards. I've got around 100 and its taking forever. I'm determined to have photos and names for all tonight at least and maybe add my dupe mini egg figs on tomorrow to start the auction.

I'm working a half day on Monday tomorrow so I can start stocking up on more envelopes and packaging and a few more stamps.

EDIT - Just finished listing and actiating 108 Animal crossing items. Probably loads of mistakes but I don't care now
        Last edited by Blobcat; 24-01-2021, 14:48.

Comment

NA PS1 game prices are through the roof. I've got stuff selling minutes after I list them and even games that must have sold millions like Silent Hill are going for silly money.

Comment

Nearly bought a copy of SH for £50 about a month ago, kinda wish I did... Seems to be closer to 100 these days! I know there's a variant with a shiny cover like my CTR though so my chimp brain kind of wants that one...
            Last edited by speedlolita; 25-01-2021, 00:07.

Comment

Yeah its risen sharply. Koudelka's another one. I understand with Atlus and Working Design games at least (although very few of them are worth the going rate imo).

Comment

Hehe, I paid £19 for my Koudelka. Those Atlus and Working Design games are basically out of my price range at this point, do have Alundra, Rhapsody and Kartia though.
                Last edited by speedlolita; 25-01-2021, 00:30.

Comment

I paid about that as well, no manual though. Alundra's probably the one Working Designs release I wouldn't sell, just because of the nostalgia from playing it back in the day.

Rhapsody I did want, but it's passed the point of no return now.

Comment

I paid way too much for Rhapsody because none popped up in years and then two popped up in the following months for like £20-30 less. Priced out of a lot of PS1 stuff now tbh, don't think I'd go above £50 anymore. Constantly feeling I could just scale down to nostalgic essentials but I guess I'm in no hurry.
                    Last edited by speedlolita; 25-01-2021, 00:53.

Comment

That's where I'm at right now.

Comment

Is there a setting to never have offers automatically ticked whenever you change the starting bid price?

EVERY TIME I miss one out of multiple items someone puts an offer in, many automatically switching offers on if they get automatically relisted. I am repetitively new to selling but my god this is so annoying, when I first started I'd immediately get dozens of offers £1 more than the starting bid and would have to turn my phone off.

I'm now listing lego figures and so far had 1 slip through the net which I only found out about with someone offering for it. It's just a fiddly hassle that's doing my head in I would rather opt in on when I wanted rather than constantly opting out.

Comment

Yeah, it is really annoying. Same for the auto relisting.

Comment

I used to have to manually turn it off as well but now its off by default. I didnt change anything so not sure why. Maybe they took the hint?

Comment

It hides the option or changes is to 'on' if you change the recommended starting price.

Have a few odd items that are just not selling that have been automatically relisted a few times now, it has now cost me more in fees having ebay relist than the starting bid and turning the automatic relisting off seems to be an absolute ball ache I am now battling with.

Just ending them early seems the only way, I got a bit mixed up as I thought it charged 10p to end and item early as i had to do that for an item I accidentally listed twice and someone must have bid on it.
                              Last edited by Blobcat; 28-02-2021, 11:59.

Comment

Oh and now its all ballsed up. A load of my items have sold but are not showing as sold, instead are trying to be relisted (did not relist automatically but wants to queue for it) despite having won bids on. I think I am done with Ebay for one day and will try and sort this mess tomorrow, already tried to report it several times.

Looking at the advice community thing it looks like its happening to a lot of people so relieved its not just me.
                                Last edited by Blobcat; 28-02-2021, 21:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X