X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please too

My listing for a cotbed:
    "Complete and turns into a bed"

Ebay freak: "Can you tell me if it's complete? And does it convert to a bed?"

My listing for a car:
    "84000 miles, 2005"

Ebay freak2: "Can you tell me how old it is and how many miles it has done?"

Is it the world that is stupid? Or just ebay?

Some help please peeps! If something doesn't turn up, am I guaranteed a refund?

Bought Theatrhythm on 3DS, brand new and sealed- showed as 30 in stock. Bought at around midnight last Tuesday, and marked as shipped around 8am the Wednesday... It's still not here.

I messaged him, and was told it was sent on Friday- so id already been lied too! It doesn't usually take this long for second class to show up so I'm concerned. He got back to me and said if it doesn't arrive in a few days then to check with my postman?? WTF that's not my job, you're the one with the proof of postage and money paid to them!

I politely messaged back saying that if it isn't here within the next few days then I will contact again and expect a refund while he investigates, and he hasn't bothered replying. Some f his feedback shows others have received the item, but they're all fairly low feed backed people so I dunno, I'm suspicious, but I always am of eBay!

He's got 3000+ feedback at 100%, but goddamnit I just want my game and I'm fed up of this crap everytime I buy from eBay. He's already lied once about the shipping date, so I'm lost all faith in him as a seller feedback or no. What do I do now peeps?

Comment

He can only reimburse you if you put in a claim with PayPal. If he cares about his rating at all then he'll pay it. You're the buyer too so you're given the priority as you're the one paying all of their money which goes into the sellers fees.

I would say maybe wait another week - tops - before putting in the claim though.

It's not a nice feeling to deal with really but as he's already lied to you then.. Well..

Comment

I just want my game, already paid over the odds for it, but as it was sealed I didn't mind. Pain in the arse!

Comment

Mother of god. Here goes...

Started selling a PAL copy of Illusion of Time on eBay last week and it got a lot of interest- only yesterday I was taking lots of high-res photos of the box for an interested buyer, who also tipped me off and told me that another seller had copied/pasted my listing text for their own. (Not the in-line CSS for the template though, because they're obviously bloody thick.) I reported the listing and eBay took it down. I kept my eye on the seller and sure enough, they re-listed with my text again, with really crude edits that they thought would make the text different from my own. No original content, just the removal of a few words mid-sentence. I reported the new listing before I went to bed, after getting quite irritated that somebody would plagiarise something I'd put a lot of effort into.

Checked my e-mail this afternoon and got a message from eBay, saying that my listing had been reported for breaching copyright as an Unauthorised Item and had been removed. ?51 of bids and buyer interest, all down the drain. It came suspiciously quickly, after eBay had removed the second copied listing and was obviously done in retaliation against me for reporting the other seller's plagiarism. I called eBay, who passed me on to three more customer service reps via online chat, before they conceded that removing my listing was a mistake and that the false report shouldn't have been acted upon. I asked if they were going to take action against the person who generated the false report, as there's nothing to stop them from doing the same thing again, but it looks like they won't.

So, long story short... I put time and effort into a listing, maintain prompt communication with lots of potential buyers (I had over 20 watchers at the time it was pulled) and generally play by the rules, while some plagiarising scum copies my listing for their own because they're too thick and lazy to write their own description and they end up costing me my bids and buyer interest, with no threat of punishment from eBay. So angry right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            Some help please peeps! If something doesn't turn up, am I guaranteed a refund?

Bought Theatrhythm on 3DS, brand new and sealed- showed as 30 in stock. Bought at around midnight last Tuesday, and marked as shipped around 8am the Wednesday... It's still not here.

I messaged him, and was told it was sent on Friday- so id already been lied too! It doesn't usually take this long for second class to show up so I'm concerned. He got back to me and said if it doesn't arrive in a few days then to check with my postman?? WTF that's not my job, you're the one with the proof of postage and money paid to them!

I politely messaged back saying that if it isn't here within the next few days then I will contact again and expect a refund while he investigates, and he hasn't bothered replying. Some f his feedback shows others have received the item, but they're all fairly low feed backed people so I dunno, I'm suspicious, but I always am of eBay!

He's got 3000+ feedback at 100%, but goddamnit I just want my game and I'm fed up of this crap everytime I buy from eBay. He's already lied once about the shipping date, so I'm lost all faith in him as a seller feedback or no. What do I do now peeps?

So then, the postie turned up this morning with a slip saying a parcel was waiting for me, but there was incorrect poatage paid- I had to pay ?1.09 to get it... Already annoyed, I went home and opened it and found that although it was PAL, it clearly says on the back "not to be sold in the UK"

So then, this guy is selling shady grey imports. It still works fine, but not really on- and now i'm going to have to buy another as my OCD cant stand this to be in my permanent collection. Funnily enough, I asked him this question and didnt get a reply (even though he answered all other message...alarm bells rang, but i'd already bought it at this point)

So yeah, i'm happy to keep it in the short term as I want to play it, but its not what I wanted/expected. I contacted him to tell him this, and i've been met with... resistance. I told him that he is blatantly aware he is selling shady grey imports and I wanted my money back from paying at the post office, and a partial refund. I later found that he had given me back a ?3 refund, stating;

"Firstly the lady at the post office counter,said the amount was correct,secondly the stock as far as i am aware is UK pal,as i bought it from a UK games supplier,there is no foreign language. Sorry if your unhappy,thats why i have forwarded you ?3"

I politely replied that ignorance was not an excuse, and whether it works or not is not the issue, and that I would expect more than ?1.91 back to be satisfied before going to ebay- I said I wanted another ?4 to bring the item cost down to a more acceptable level.

This is what I got back;
            "you have recieved the game,i refunded you ?3,it cost you ?1.09 to get it re-delivered,so you have made ?1.81
            everybody else is happy with there purchase,if it makes you feel better give me negative feedback"

I replied stating

"I think considering you have been misleading your customers, and are selling an item that is prohibited to be sold within the UK, this is more of an issue than simply leaving negative feedback.

Other people maybe happy, but other people may not realise what they have been sold.

I think if you aren't willing to be cooperative, it's a case for eBay to resolve/refund based on the item not being as described.

I did not want it to go that far, as I'm a fair person, and didn't see the need to involve them providing you were willing to see the issue from my point of view, and accept that there is a clear disparity between the item that arrived and the one advertised.

Ill give you this opportunity to do so and accept my offer which I thought was fair to both parties, before I take it down that route."

This was his (hilarious) reply when I had a look at my paypal account and found the further ?4.08 I was asking for;

"There you go theres your extra money,leave me alone and stop blackmailing me, if you contact me again i will report you for harrassment"

I'm speechless! Somehow this is all my fault now?? I think im done with eBay, this has all just been one big fanny about and I think ive had enough!

So what should I do now, should I still leave negative feedback to warn others? He seems to have another batch of these which are selling on a preorder basis- and they seem to be selling well too :\
            Last edited by MrKirov; 03-08-2013, 18:38.

Comment

If you are that unhappy with it why not send it back for a refund?

Comment

A couple of things really.

I actually want to play the game and its a bit of a faff to find a copy, so i'll put up with this one in the short term- but I wasnt happy paying the over the odds price I did for it- if it was mentioned in the auction then I wouldn't have bought it.

Ive already missed a chance at a copy on here, someone offered me a copy on here but by that time his had already been sent, and when I got back to the person on here it had been sold

In all honesty I dont want anything more to do with the guy, as this has been the worst trading experience ive had on eBay, and just want the ordeal over with :P

Comment

Did you even ask to return it?

Comment

If you care that much do a PayPal chargeback for the full amount, when you get that send him his copy back recorded and leave him a negative. Done.

Mark it as goods not as described. eBay will probably just give you it it happened to me when a bloke sold me pirate DS carts they didn't want to know

Comment

Yeah, I said to him at the start I wanted a full refund, but he was being really cagey and not replying.

Initially during the stage when it didnt turn up for ages he didnt even acknowledge the fact I wanted a refund, and was trying to hock me one of his other copies that he was "awaiting from his suppliers" which might not arrive for two weeks

I assumed taking it to ebay and making a claim, I would have to send it back as part of their process anyway?
                      Last edited by MrKirov; 03-08-2013, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                        If you care that much do a PayPal chargeback for the full amount, when you get that send him his copy back recorded and leave him a negative. Done.
                        Its done now, i'll just play this in the short term until I find a decent one in the future. Cant be arsed with anymore stress- just didnt know if there would be any comeback on me if I left a negative feedback on him to warn others in case they find themselves in the same situation.

Bare in mind i'm no eBay expert, I buy a few things here and there at most, and really have no idea what to do when things go wrong! Thats why I came here haha

Comment

I bought an iMac for doing my work on the other day from eBay now before I paid the person was very responsive and seemed genuine but they only had 3 100% feedback from purchases.

I am just wondering if I should be concerned that after the sale they marked it as shipped and haven't replied to my messages or is this a common thing. Haven't really had this before, am I completely covered by eBay if not?

I should add there is still time to receive the item as it only been a couple of days just wanting to check in advance and know if people on eBay generally don't respond. It may just be that people in North America are like this on eBay? I never had an issue in the UK but people here especially don't seem to leave feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by GluedOnBeard View Post
                            I bought an iMac for doing my work on the other day from eBay now before I paid the person was very responsive and seemed genuine but they only had 3 100% feedback from purchases.

I am just wondering if I should be concerned that after the sale they marked it as shipped and haven't replied to my messages or is this a common thing. Haven't really had this before, am I completely covered by eBay if not?

I should add there is still time to receive the item as it only been a couple of days just wanting to check in advance and know if people on eBay generally don't respond. It may just be that people in North America are like this on eBay? I never had an issue in the UK but people here especially don't seem to leave feedback!
                            It depends ebay.com is a different animal to .co.uk you should be fine though tge dispatch note is more tgan enough imo

Comment

Just had to close my first unpaid item case, where the buyer ignored all communication after winning the listing and continued to buy ?70+ N64 games and consoles afterward instead of paying up. eBay really needs to do more to punish these timewasters instead of warning them with an unpaid item strike. Had nothing but trouble since I started selling to Europe as well as the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X