Youkai watch 3DS (JPN) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb work, thanks again!

Not sure whether you can remember this part of the game, but after you upgrade the watch to C, you are required to go to a building site. I remember what you said about going there at night time, but once inside you are directed to use one if the ropes to climb up, except it doesn't go anywhere. You're just left hanging on it. Do you recall this part, and maybe tell me where I'm going wrong?

Comment

Oh it's a tricky maze i remember it took me a while to work my way to the upper floors, if you look carefully there will be a way through i can't remember the exact way but some of the ropes lead nowhere or are one way ones where you can only climb down them. You can climb through some of the shelving, also explore all the rooms thoroughly & also you sometimes have to drop down the holes with the planks across in specific parts to land on the right bit on the floor below. You are in the right place just keep at it

Comment

Hehe, I don't think there's any danger of me not keeping at it!

Comment

Any more questions feel free to keep posting it's nice to actually find someone else playing it, it's been kind of an obsession with this game love the merchandise.

A bit too much, err LOL
          Last edited by importaku; 15-05-2014, 00:16.

Comment

Finally got through the construction site. The rope was the right way to go, it was just being super picky about letting me climb it!

Quick question: what are the options when you first load your save file? The first two both seem to load the save game - is there a big difference?

Comment

Pleased to hear you made it through, do you mean the options on the title screen?

Top one is はじめから hajimekara (start from the beginning)
              middle one is つづきから tsuzukikara (continue)
              bottom one is ふしぎなレンズ fushigana lens (mysterious lens)

Selecting either start from the beginning or continue will take you to the save data screen.
              Last edited by importaku; 15-05-2014, 22:27.

Comment

Yep, those are the options. I've been using the second one, so all good.

Comment

Actually, one more question

Where can I get the tuna steak the special Jibanyans like? I've got the first 4 areas unlocked currently.

Comment

Do you know where the fishmonger is? The intersection where you first meet jibanyan there is a shop that sells fish you can get the tuna from there but only one at a time as it's premium & rare & it takes a day or so for them to restock it also costs a whopping 15000 yen the tuna is called ごくじょうマグロ

There are other ways to find it, sometimes youkai' drop it when you beat them in battle as a rare drop & other times it might be a reward for completing a quest. But the main place to get t is at the fish shop.

Feel free to keep up the questions i don't mind. How you enjoying it so far?

Comment

Oh another thing you might want to try, where the bank is where you can enter QR codes if you go out of it & head right there is another building with a goat as the logo if you go in & talk to the lady on the middle counter you can choose one of the options to enter passwords. You can also use the other option to connect online & get some free coloured youkai gashapon coins to use in the machine, if you connect online once a week you'll get a free coin.

Anyway back to the passwords if you enter these passwords you will be given special coins these will let you get rare youkai & items when you put them in the gashapon machine.
                      (these ones will give you a 5 star coin)
                      ようかいパラダイス
                      ほしにねがいを
                      どうもありがとう
                      いつつのきせき
                      めざせせかいいち

These ones will give you a wakuwaku coin (has a spiral on it)
                      ビッグチャンス
                      めざせおおあたり
                      せいなるつばさ
                      いなせなふたり
                      みんなでよもう
                      ボーっとボーっと
                      まがさしちゃった

Comment

Cheers, so much good information here.

I'm actually enjoying it far more than I thought I would, as I've never been big on the genre. I guess the simplistic nature of the game, coupled with the sheer charm that's all around the game world has hooked me in. They've captured the feel of a Japanese neighbourhood so well, such as the omnipresent vending machines and crazy telegraph poles.

I'm not sure I'm going to get every youkai in the game, but right now the cart has been locked into my LL for a few weeks, and I'll probably not play anything else until I'm done with it (except when Mario Kart comes out, which ever is the sooner).

Are you planning to get both the new games? I guess it's going to be like Pok?mon going forward...

Comment

There are other secrets in the game but for now just enjoy the main story. Yes the game just oozes charm the city Keita lives in is so well detailed it really puts pokemon to shame in that respect, it encourages you to explore every nook & cranny. So many beautiful animated little touches everywhere.

Oh hell yeah im so hyped for the new games, looking forward to exploring the town all over again but from the past. Im curious to learn the story behind how the watch was originally created. Got both of them preordered it's nice that you can carry some of the data over from the first game to unlock content in the second like having either Tsuchinoko or Komasan follow you around plus there will be much much more merchandise including new medals i can't wait hehe.

Comment

Struggling a little bit with the School boss. My youkai are all around level 24. Is that too low? Levelling them up seems to take an age!

Comment

Describe the boss, is that the spider one?

Comment

Yep :/

Comment

Working...
                                X