No announcement yet.

Youkai watch 3DS (JPN) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im assuming you know about been able to put the pin on various parts to focus all the youkai to attack at the same spot? If i remember correctly from when i battled that bugger, focus all your attacks on one leg at a time till it falls off the ceiling then move the pin to the main body & go all out with as many special attacks as you can get in. Maybe stock up on a lot of HP healing items and try & keep up with healing when you can.

According to my guidebook they recommend you be at level 25, also because it uses lightning attacks try & avoid using youkai with water elemental alignment any you have with earth would be perfect. Equipping your youkai with the lighning omamori charm with help lessen the damage electrical attacks do. The charm looks like a little cloth bag with a bow on the top & a kanji character on the front there are one for each elemental protection the lightning one is yellow, i can't remember where exactly i picked it up but try looking at the shrine to the north of the old part of town the old part of town is to the west. (not the shrine near the youkai gashapon) there is a man inside that sells items he might have one, you can also use him to merge items together to make new ones & also make evolved youkai.
    Last edited by importaku; 18-05-2014, 00:04.

Comment

Thanks! I've been pinning the legs to get it to fall, but even my specials aren't doing much damage to the stomach when it's on the floor (around 45 per special). The main problem I have is that he keeps putting youkai out of commission during the fight, often 3 at once.

I'll try and look for the items you mentioned

Comment

Yeah it's annoying when you have to free a cursed youkai using the minigame as usually it means putting a weaker one to the front while you try & cure them on the back line. If you get one of you youkai totally knocked out there is an item to revive them. It looks like a pile of powder on a piece of paper there are 3 kinds

まず~い漢方 revives with small amount of health (brown powder on a pice of white paper)
        にが~い漢方 revives with half health (purple powder on a piece of white paper)
        ふか~い漢方 revives with full health (blue pile of powder o a gold piece of paper)

Comment

Finally beat that boss, and have upgraded my watch to A rank! Just searching for a stag beetle now to continue the main quest.

Comment

Nice one, btw have you experienced the horror of oni time yet? Those red chests are filled with rare goodies but i can hardly ever get near them as im always spotted those michibiki's they have eyes like hawks lol.

Comment

Yeah I've seen Oni time quite a few times now :O

Just tackled what I thought was the final boss, but now I have to take on the Hydra again, and he's much tougher this time. Time to level up the youkai...

Comment

If you have been playing for this long you should hopefully have some items in your inventory that level up your youkai. When fed to youkai they give them instant exp points.

They look like a ball with a red swirl on, there are 5 kinds in total the bigger ones give out more exp. they are called

小けいけんちだま 50 exp
                中けいけんちだま 500 exp
                大けいけんちだま 2000 exp
                超けいけんちだま 8000 exp
                神けいけんちだま 20,000 exp

If you goto your inventory & click on the tools tab (purple tag looking thing just after the rice ball) it will list them all they are usually the first things you seen in the inventory.

Comment

Ah yes, those have been a life saver. I've been using them as soon as acquiring them!

Comment

If it's the biggest ones i save them as i'll use them on a youkai i need to emergency level but the smallest 2 sizes i use them at once as they are pretty common.

Currently reading up on the website the cool stuff thats been revealed in the new game im liking the look of it so far, hard to imagine that it's so close to release with barely any warning as the first game took forever to come out.

Comment

Thanks for all the excellent info here! I decided to take the plunge and import a Japanese LL and downloaded the game. Been trying to translate the commands, not an easy task even if I know the Hiragana and Katakana symbols. But, I'm learning and enjoying myself immensely.

I don't know if anyone else is still playing, but mind if I put some questions here too?
                      The links to the quests on here helped me a lot, I've now made friends with the cute cat. I want him in my team, but there are already six in them. And it must be simple, but I just can't get them to switch out in factor of my new friend! What buttons to push?
                      Last edited by YvoCaro; 25-05-2014, 10:29.

Comment

Welcome to Bordersdown. I'm sure someone will be along shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by YvoCaro View Post
                          Thanks for all the excellent info here! I decided to take the plunge and import a Japanese LL and downloaded the game. Been trying to translate the commands, not an easy task even if I know the Hiragana and Katakana symbols. But, I'm learning and enjoying myself immensely.

I don't know if anyone else is still playing, but mind if I put some questions here too?
                          The links to the quests on here helped me a lot, I've now made friends with the cute cat. I want him in my team, but there are already six in them. And it must be simple, but I just can't get them to switch out in factor of my new friend! What buttons to push?
                          Welcome to the site, I still play not every day but at least once a week i put a few more hours in. I'm happy to answer questions on it.

So what commands you need translating? The ones on the menu screen when you press X? Or the ones in the medal change screen?

You won't be able to change youkai unless you are at a save point, the save points look like a flame with an eye. In there is an option to swap out medals and you can also do it in you bedroom if you goto the medal binder sat on the floor.

Comment

Oh, so you can only change them at the save points! Didn't know that, I'm going to give it a try.
                            Back...not sure what I must do. I've found how I can equip a ghost with things in my pocket, but I can't find how to put the cat-ghost in my team. Or can't you equip him at all?

Comment

Ok i'll walk you through it.

Go back to your bedroom & go over to the medal encyclopedia sat on the floor & use it, or goto a save point ghost.

Select the option that says 妖怪をいれかえる you will see two more options. To edit the members of your current team select the left option てもちのメダル to choose from one of your other unequipped youkai into your team choose the right option ひかえのメダル

Select the right option after selecting this option it will list all your unequipped medals just go jibanyan (the cat) and select the option called セットする (set) it will then show you the 6 team slots just choose which youkai you want to replace with jibanyan then press A it will ask you to confirm that's what you want to do. Just select the left option (yes) and it will put him in your team.

If you are curious about the other options in the team edit screen they are...

いれかえ (take out) or セットする (set)
                              そうび (equip item)
                              きめポーズ (change battle pose)
                              おわかれ (release youkai only select this if you want to remove them forever)
                              やめる (exit)

Comment

Got it, thanks so much! I've been putting the signs in google translator, but I'm afraid that isn't always accurate. This helps a lot, I'll put the info in my gaming memo pad. I'm so glad I was able to get this game for free for buying my LL, it's such a beautiful and complete game? Level 5 really delivers again!

Comment

Working...
                                X