No announcement yet.

Youkai watch 3DS (JPN) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you get a hang of the options & what they do the battling is really fun. It's an interesting game & the world it's set in is very fun to explore.

For working out where to go the game will guide you with red arrows on the map, thats the next point that something happens in on the current active quest. This is handy for working out what to do next.

Oh i forgot to mention there are also green ghost save points at these you cant swap your youkai out you can only do it at the blue ones.

Comment

I think I'm getting the hang of it, the fighting and such. No idea yet what all the stats mean, but I'll work on that. My little character just reconciled her parents after they were fighting, influenced by a ghost. Now I got some explanation the book in my main menu. There are blue and pink/ yellow flags, and there is a book tab. What are these for?

Comment

I was wondering about this ghost that I've found three times now in the game, he is first disguised as a teddybear and after that it turns into ナガバナ, Nagabana, if I read correctly. I've no idea though what he wants! Anyone remembers what I'm supposed to do?

Comment

Hi all! The thread has been incredibly helpful.
          But i'm now stuck at trying to upgrade my watch from D to C.
          I Google translated the online guide that was posted previously:
          sub quest "Challenge to C rank"
          Sakura defeat the three animals specter at the central city
           [1] are in the School of shortcut to put from the side of the cram school "Den syllables Pis"
           [2] on the back side of West Street Snow Woman of the back road "Gishinan demon"
           "moth demon" [3] of the transport passage in the game center south (bottom)
            I beat.

But erm. Still can't really get it. Could someone pls walk me through it?

Comment

Originally posted by YvoCaro View Post
            I was wondering about this ghost that I've found three times now in the game, he is first disguised as a teddybear and after that it turns into ナガバナ, Nagabana, if I read correctly. I've no idea though what he wants! Anyone remembers what I'm supposed to do?
            If i remember correctly, there's nothing you need to do. All he wants to do is to talk. So just listen to what he needs to say and that's it.

Comment

There are about 5 Youkai Watch 3DS games on Amazon Japan. Which one are you guys playing?

Comment

Start with YW2 shinuchi it has the most content. If you really end up liking that one then ganso and honke are worth getting as the main story is not the same in each game and the side quests vary as well. Then if you're feeling really addicted you can pick up the first game to complete the set lol.

All 3 versions of YW2 give you tons of extra content when linked together.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                  maybe there is a glimmer of hope that if the anime ever makes the jump to the US the game would be translated
                  I've made the fatal mistake of watching the e3 Nintendo treehouse video of this and I want it now, not in 2016

Though to be fair to Nintendo when they announced it on their Nintendo Europe twitter feed it was only retweeted 144 times so they might not feel like there is much excitement for the title...

Comment

Wait, what? I thought this was coming around Christmas

2016 FFS, I can't believe they're making us wait so long for this.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Wait, what? I thought this was coming around Christmas

2016 FFS, I can't believe they're making us wait so long for this.
                      It's labeled as 'holiday season' for the US, so you can in theory get it in English this year if you have a US 3DS. I'm guessing the later Europe release is down to all the extra languages having to be localised.

Comment

Thanks for the details. That's frustrating.

Comment

Looks like Australia gets this first in January, import ahoy!

Yo-kai Watch releasing in the U.S. November 6 ⊟  Level-5′s overseas hit Yo-kai Watch finally makes its debut in the U.S. this fall! Along with the first 3DS game releasing on November 6, the animated series will soon show up on Disney XD soon, while its Viz Media/Perfect Square-published manga will launch November 3. And expect Hasbro to introduce Yo-kai Watch “toys and games centered around collectible medals, each representing a unique Yo-kai” spirit, in North America and Australia starting January, expanding to other markets by the end of 2016. You can already preorder the 3DS RPG at Amazon. Gif via Packy! PREORDER Yo-Kai Watch

Comment

Been playing this since just after Christmas, what a delightful title. I've been doing so many side quests and bug hunting I've not even acquired the fishing rod yet! I have been having trouble catching rare bugs but very recently I've seen the arrow jump from a miss to a hit which is a nice surprise. Just upgraded my watch from an E to a D rank so I'm hunting the Yo-kai down one by one!

I have been quite lucky on the Krank-a-Kai too, I've received a rare A rank Sir-Berus who has been in my front line ever since, followed by a couple of tasty rank B yo-kai so every day I look forward to popping some play coins in to see what I get.

Comment

Working...
                            X