Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWG Games with Gold Xbox LIVE - GOLD Subs - Free game every 1st and 16th of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, weirdly, simultaneously the first?!

Comment

The first lot of titles with only Xbox One games for the month of October 2022 GWG, and it's slim pickings ...

Xbox One

Windbound - October 1 to 31
      Bomber Crew Deluxe Edition - October 16 to November 15

[source]

Comment

If this is what is left month to month then it's time to end the gold service altogether... just make online play free and roll everyone into game pass.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          If this is what is left month to month then it's time to end the gold service altogether... just make online play free and roll everyone into game pass.
          I stopped a few months back and that was after a few months of not giving a crap about what they offered. If there was something I wanted to play, I already owned it

Comment

Unfortunately they do need to just kill that service now.

Props to them for keeping up with the 360 games for so long though.

Comment

?

So instead of potentially getting two titles included, people would prefer to get nothing at all for the same price?

Bomber Crew is a decent game, I'm sure there are people out there appreciating it just fine.

I don't like / already have these games, so Xbox should stop giving them to other people who do / don't

Comment

I think they just need to rejig the whole subscription model as now with game pass around the base Xbox Live stuff just feels like a throwback to another time.

Given Xbox now fully encompasses PC which doesn't traditionally charge for online play it just seems like the right time to do it, and it's all good PR in the process.

I would love to know how many Xbox Live only subscribers there are now compared to those getting those same benefits from being subscribed to game pass.

Comment

I cannot see that happening tbh, even if it's only 1 million, that's still $120 million lost in recurring annual revenue. That may be small change in the wider MS budget, but may be more significant in the gaming division itself. I can only see the removal of Gold happening in line with an increase in Game Pass prices.

People would lose their discounts and monthly games so there'd likely be complaints about that, even if gaining free online, so there's a balancing act there too, and you then make it harder to convert those people to Game Pass because it's a jump from $0 to the new increased $20 rather than a jump of $5.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 05-10-2022, 12:23.

Comment

Yeah maybe but it's very confusing right now to have two different subscription brands in the same ecosystem.

It's pretty simple in the game pass structure with console, PC and Ultimate but Xbox Live Gold just seems like a weird throwback.

Maybe they just re-brand it as Game Pass Basic? Offer it as online play only and access to a subset of the game pass library on console in some sort of rotation that doesn't include new titles?

Comment

It is being rebranded to Xbox Network - in fact this was supposed to have already happened: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/2...nd-name-change

Edit: Also, The Verge's new logo is gash.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 05-10-2022, 12:26.

Comment

The November 2022 thingies with Gold

Praetorians - HD Remaster (November 1-30)
                        Dead End Job (November 16-December 15)

I played Praetorians recently on PC - it hasn't aged well. Can't imagine that game works particularly well with a controller (it's an RTS).

[source]

Comment

Dead End Job... how appropriate

Comment

Colt Canyon and Bladed Fury are your Lumps of Coal, sorry Games with Gold for December.

Comment

GwG for Jan 2023

What lovelies are we getting for the new year?

Iris Fall - January 1 to 31
                              Autonauts - January 16 to February 15

[Source]

Comment

The delights for March 2023 on GwG

Trüberbrook - March 1 to 31
                                Sudden Strike 4 - Available March 1 to March 31
                                Lamentum - Available March 16 to April 15

[source]

Comment

Working...
                                X