Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWG Games with Gold Xbox LIVE - GOLD Subs - Free game every 1st and 16th of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it too, great sense of zombie isolation, beautiful island, just the combat's either insanely hard with melee or excessively easy if someone online gives you a gun with near limitless ammo. Also, once you get to the urban bits, it gets much less fun and much more repetitious, it gets less inspired as you progress, which is a pity. Deffo worth playing, just remember it IS by Techland, though, they attract divisive opinions, I like their games lots, even Call Of Juarez: The Cartel!

Comment

still no games with gold for the xbox one bah....

..But for the 360 If your the kind of deviant who likes your games with Anthropomorphised charicters, you may enjoy the very nicely animated (squirels with tits game) Dust.

If that isn't deviant enough for you how about a game where you can run about in your pants hitting people with a massive pink dildo. Saints row 3/Dust this months games with gold

May’s set of free games for Xbox Live Gold Members will be Dust: An Elysian Tail and Saints Row: The Third.    Starting Thursday, May 1st, Dust: An Elysian Tail (normally US $14.99) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through May 15th. Then on May 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Saints Row: The […]

Comment

Probably the best two that have been on the service since it started.

Dust Is a fantastic game underneath the "furries" art style and Saints Row 3 is great fun co-op, can't wait to have 'wheels and the legman' back in action on saints. Hopefully the have sale on dlc for saints row 3 and I'll happily pick it up.

Think it is clear MS are saving games for gold xbox one for E3, which is good in a way because they may give something substantial away first month to make a big splash, then Lococycle the following month to bring us all back down to earth.

Comment

Starts next month

Originally posted by Eurogamer
          The company has detailed changes to the Xbox Live Games with Gold programme, which will begin for Xbox One in June with two titles - Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault.

The two Xbox 360 titles will be Dark Souls and Charlie Murder, and as a one-off bonus, a third title - Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition.

It means that with a Gold subscription you will now presumably get four games free per month - two for Xbox 360 and two for Xbox One.

Comment

Originally posted by ign
            As for Xbox One owners, Microsoft plans on launching Games with Gold for the recently released home console this year. Phil Spencer, just announced as the new head of Xbox, told IGN that the company is "trying to match what customers want" with the program on Xbox One.
            So customers said "we want games for free" and they thought "OK then. Let's do that."

Comment

They had to do something to try and keep up with the Sony PS+ success.

Comment

Is that why people buy PS+ or PS4s though? If so, then agreed. But I'm not convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Is that why people buy PS+ or PS4s though? If so, then agreed. But I'm not convinced.
                  Not really but once you get it. PS+ makes a great incentive to buy the other sony consoles for the freebies (that's their trick) buy a PS4 may as well buy a Vita for remote play and free games and why not get a cheap PS3 as a media box with freebies while waiting for next gen to get going

Comment

PS+ is about ?30 a year Charles, look at the list of games here that have been on it over the years, excellent value even for a fussy git like me who only owns one of the three Sony consoles. For the PSN price of three or four Indie titles I get PS+ for the year, and as there is so little for the PS4 it's a new release that goes straight on to PS+ each month at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                      PS+ is about ?30 a year Charles, look at the list of games here that have been on it over the years, excellent value even for a fussy git like me who only owns one of the three Sony consoles. For the PSN price of three or four Indie titles I get PS+ for the year, and as there is so little for the PS4 it's a new release that goes straight on to PS+ each month at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_(PAL_region)
                      On the other hand you have to keep you PS+ sub going to carry on accessing the games, with GWG you don't (not on the 360 anyway) the games are yours regardless as to whether you have a Live sub or not. So it may well be ?30 a year, but thats ?30 every year if you want to keep access to the games.

Its not a bad deal though, and at least has forced some competition which is never a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                        On the other hand you have to keep you PS+ sub going to carry on accessing the games, with GWG you don't (not on the 360 anyway) the games are yours regardless as to whether you have a Live sub or not. So it may well be ?30 a year, but thats ?30 every year if you want to keep access to the games.
                        not anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          not anymore!
                          Indeed .. But that was always going to happen in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Thats why I bought PS+. I actually can't think of any more compelling reason to buy it, it's all about the free games (speaking as a PS3 owner). Cloud storage and auto-updates are nice features, but they don't really sell the package like all those freebies do.

Comment

the below turned up in my email this morning good on ya microsoft, we now have exactly the same features on both next gen consoles.

At Xbox, we?re committed to continually improving the Xbox experience based on your feedback. Today we?re announcing two changes that you have asked for.

In June, we?re making Xbox Live Gold even better. Games with Gold will be coming to Xbox One, so a single Gold membership will get you access to games on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. In addition, we?re introducing Deals with Gold for Xbox One which gives members exclusive discounts on games and content in the Xbox Store. With the most advanced multiplayer, Games with Gold, and Deals with Gold, Xbox Live Gold is better than ever.

Also coming in June, all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will get access to popular entertainment apps on Xbox without needing an Xbox Live Gold membership*. This means that everyone can enjoy the amazing gaming, TV and entertainment experiences that Xbox has to offer, right out of the box.
                              Hopefully we will see a free version of Crimson Dragon this year, Can't complain about the freebies really but i thought they would have launched with a bang, instead of starting with converted windows phone games.

Comment

Novembers offerings

For the month of November, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to three new free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360

One game is Volgarr, retro looking 2D side scroller.

360:

On Xbox 360, starting Saturday, November 1st, Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through November 15th.

Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Red Faction: Guerrilla ($19.99 ERP) for free through November 30th
                                Last edited by VR46; 30-10-2014, 18:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X