Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWG Games with Gold Xbox LIVE - GOLD Subs - Free game every 1st and 16th of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWG Games with Gold Xbox LIVE - GOLD Subs - Free game every 1st and 16th of the month

I thought I would make a thread on this deal as it provides you free stuff! (I thought initially it was very poorly advertised, both in the press and on the dashboard itself).

IF you are a current GOLD subscriber with Xbox LIVE, Microsoft are copying Sony's lead with PSN+ of providing free games with your sub. They provide one new game every 1st and 16th of the month up til the end of 2013. You have to download them on the dates they become available OTHERWISE you'll loose out.

Last months was Assasins Creed II and some other game I missed

This month (so far) its CRACKDOWN, which ain't too shabby! (I think the one later this month is Dead Rising 2?)

Last edited by charlesr; 01-02-2014, 08:59.

So far there has been.

Fable 3
    Defence Grid
    Assassins Creed 2
    Crackdown

Next on the list is Dead Rising 2 & Case Zero.

Comment

I know is not the same as PS+ but its 'better than a poke in the eye by far' and if you have haven't fleeced the system you could use a 1 month free gold offer for a new Gamer tag to grab any of the free games on offer, sadly they are a limited availability deal.

Really enjoying Defence Grid, considering the portal DLC, to support the devs.
      Crackdown might be old but its a excellent game can't wait for Crackdown 3 to be announced (especially after the E3 icon tease)

Comment

Magic 2013 from 1st Sept, followed by Rainbow Six Vegas on 16th.

Personally think RS:Vegas is a long forgotten classic, will be nice to get back into some MP!

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
          Magic 2013 from 1st Sept, followed by Rainbow Six Vegas on 16th.

Personally think RS:Vegas is a long forgotten classic, will be nice to get back into some MP!
          Vegas MP is amazing!

Comment

Apparently 1st of October the game will be Might & Magic Clash of Heroes.
            Not sure about second game, maybe G.R.A.W this time?

Comment

Looks like Games for Gold has now been made permanent.

Knew it wasn't going to move over to xbox one and it made perfect sense to continue to doing it on xbox 360, glad they got my memo.

Comment

This is Dead Island at the moment.

Comment

Yeah Dead Island this fortnight and Toy Soldiers: Cold War in two week.

Comment

I'll admit that Dead Island's an 'interesting' game to have on there but it's two years old, had VERY mixed reviews and sadly feels more like a token gesture than a 'gift', I like a freebie but GWG's lame. PS+ gets BioShock Infinite AND Metro: Last Light, ffs, two games I WAS gonna buy. 360 borked a few weeks back but ain't rushing out for a new one yet!

Comment

Well it's very easy, here's how I deal with it.
                      Ps+ and Games with Gold simply can't be compared, simple.
                      I don't pay Xbox Live for games for gold, I pay because multiplayer is behind a paywall and always has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Well it's very easy, here's how I deal with it.
                        Ps+ and Games with Gold simply can't be compared, simple.
                        I don't pay Xbox Live for games for gold, I pay because multiplayer is behind a paywall and always has been.
                        That's my thoughts on it too. I get golds subs to play multiplayer so the free games are just a bonus. Even if a lot of the games are crusty old rubbish you at least get to keep them. I've downloaded all of them so far but barely played anything. I will probably try them all out at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Yeah Dead Island this fortnight and Toy Soldiers: Cold War in two week.
                          Picvked up Toy Soldiers a while back whilst it was on the cheap and it's pants. Not sure about Dead Island, but it'll stay on the drive with the rest of em until I get around to having a crack at it.

Comment

I really enjoyed Dead Island.

A beautiful tropical island setting makes a change from the usual underground laboratory.

4-player co-op too!

Comment

ooo..

Comment

Working...
                              X