No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual is coming out this Summer. It's hitting Steam and PSVR as well but landing on Oculus Quest 2 first for £22

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
      That’s a bit weird as that is pc gameplay.
      All the Quest trailers do this. FB tolerate it on the store.

I'm a bit mixed about it. On the one hand, it's disingenuous, and people might recall the practice of putting Amiga screenshots on a ZX Spectrum game box.

On the other hand, Quest games look absolutely shiiiiiit in screenshots. They really do. I mean it's basically a mobile phone running full VR games; if you look at Vader Immortal actual Quest screens, many of the wall textures etc. are very Nintendo 64. But VR, with its immersive nature and stereoscopic 3D (along with a few other modern tricks) it feels like it looks a lot better when you're wearing the headset. It's hard to describe.

Plus they can't mandate that they only have un-altered shots either, because all VR games (on any platform) need a bit of work; on a monitor, the raw screens can look slightly distorted and they're often quite dark (all VR games are like using a TV in a dark room because of the headset blocking out light).

Comment

To be honest that game would look just as good on the quest as its cell shaded, that’s why I was so surprised they used PC footage

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          On the one hand, it's disingenuous, and people might recall the practice of putting Amiga screenshots on a ZX Spectrum game box.
          Never forget

Comment

Humble bundle VR offer
            Last edited by huxley; 18-04-2021, 12:30.

Comment

Quest 2's new update adds 120hz refresh support (no games use it currently though) and Air Link, wireless PC connecivity

Comment

Coming soon to Oculus Quest 2

Comment

Just saw Resident Evil 4 VR isn't just Oculus-only, but Oculus Quest 2 only. So not available on Q1, or Rift S.

Wow, the Quest 1 isn't even 2 years old yet and it's already deprecated, and given the stock shortages/demand last year, there are probably a lot of people who have owned theirs <1 year. I feel some sympathy for anyone who really likes the platform's games who hasn't sold theirs yet.

Comment

What I see it as is a lesson as well, when Facebook eventually announces the Quest 3 everything about the situation screams 'sell immediately and upgrade or walk away'

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      What I see it as is a lesson as well, when Facebook eventually announces the Quest 3 everything about the situation screams 'sell immediately and upgrade or walk away'
                      I'm still waiting for someone to crack the headset so it's just a no-frills peripheral for SteamVR.

Comment

Outside of Virtual Desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Outside of Virtual Desktop?
                          I mean a full jailbreak where, from the moment of initialising the headset, you don't need to use any Oculus software. So just like my monitor and mouse.

Comment

Ah, I'd definitely be interested in that as a longer term measure rather than get cheated by Facebook in 18 months time. They need to drop that too, given the popularity of Quest 2 it's a massively bad move to annoy your new userbase

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Just saw Resident Evil 4 VR isn't just Oculus-only, but Oculus Quest 2 only. So not available on Q1, or Rift S.

Wow, the Quest 1 isn't even 2 years old yet and it's already deprecated, and given the stock shortages/demand last year, there are probably a lot of people who have owned theirs <1 year. I feel some sympathy for anyone who really likes the platform's games who hasn't sold theirs yet.
                              I bought a Rift S less than a year ago. Absolute ****ers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I bought a Rift S less than a year ago. Absolute ****ers.
                                You should post about your displeasure on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X