No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barring an earth shattering change of direction Apple VR wouldn't be an Oculus competitor, Apple are way off the map when it comes to gaming and VR and the mediums current market veers too much into territory Apple has shown it's not interested in pursuing. If it shows its head it won't be with any real intention of being for the masses. Quest is the opposite of that... it's like... hating Hitler but still thinking the Volkswagon Beetle is cool

Comment

Yeah, Apple are a computer manufacturer. Facebook are the amoral conduit through which a good percentage of humanity forms its opinion of what constitutes reality. One of these things is terrifying and the other simply mundane.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Barring an earth shattering change of direction Apple VR wouldn't be an Oculus competitorl
        Quite - Apple would be competing on its own - most people spending £300 on a Quest are not suddenly going to be spending £2,000 on AppleVR.

Plus you'll be upgrading every two years with Apple VR so that you can have the new one with the square corners now square corners are cool again (or are we on round corners at the moment? I can't remember).

Comment

It'll have a progressively bigger FOV too, but also a progressively bigger notch in the middle of the display and you'll also need a new proprietery earphone set up every upgrade for an extra $299

Comment

Plus they'd be wireless, but it won't come with a charger plug in the box. Thats an extra £50

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Plus they'd be wireless, but it won't come with a charger plug in the box. Thats an extra £50
              iT's GrEeN

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                iT's GrEeN
                Because:

Digging out lithium
                Using silicone
                Making and forging plastic and metal
                Using machines to build it all
                Load it into a lorry
                Drive it to a transport plane
                Fly it to America
                Drive it to a store to sell it

Removing the charger plug offsets all that.

Comment

Lone Echo 2 will launch on 24 August for £30 whilst the original is currently going for £8

Comment

Facebook have ceased the sale of Oculus Quest 2 following reports of skin irritation from the frames foam insert. Owners are receiving emails now about the issue and you can log in to your account and submit a request for a free silicon based cover for the foam insert which will be mailed out within the next four weeks. From 24 August the Oculus Quest 2 will return to sale with the silicon cover included, it will also boost the base models memory to 128GB from 64GB with no price increase.

Comment

Yeah, I got that email through yesterday - ordered one, took about 30 seconds. Not that I've had any issues with it even wearing it for a couple of hours at a time. I just thought the silicon cover might be easier to wash. Storage boost is nice - means you can buy more stuff from the store

Comment

I had some fun with the site trying to get mine. It gave me an 'address suggestion' which was kind of a weird order but it would not let me submit it without applying it. So I did and then it hit me with two more suggestions that would mean my address was completely wrong. So I had to keep changing the order of things until it would give me suggestions that were somewhat close to where I live. The address that went through looks ridiculous and is all in the wrong order and missing my street but, hey, let's see if it arrives.

Comment

The silicon might be a bit of a lifesaver, I've had no issues with the existing foam inlay but in warmer weather the silicon will be easier to maintain when things get... sweaty

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            The silicon might be a bit of a lifesaver, I've had no issues with the existing foam inlay but in warmer weather the silicon will be easier to maintain when things get... sweaty
                            I was really surprised the Quest 2 didn't have one by default; silicon jackets for the face pad were one of the top selling accessories for the Oculus Quest 1, in part because you could wipe them clean with a cloth so more than one person could use a headset.

Then again, on the Quest 1, you could only have 1 account on it (the account creation process looks like on, for example, PS4, but you couldn't actually create a >1 account). The interface was designed around the idea that only one person - the account holder - would use it.

Comment

Next week the second free campaign for Pistol Whip launches. Soon after though the game will increase in price

Comment

Pistol Whip is excellent - I'd even go so far to say it's an essential purchase for VR owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X