No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is horrendous and yet absolutely 100% expected. Facebook is utterly horrible. The sooner the Oculus gets a meaningful competitor the better, although the only companies willing to throw as much money into it or sell it at a total loss are probably Amazon or Google and that won't end up much better.

Comment

This is how it looks in the game:

and

Last edited by MartyG; 17-06-2021, 15:29.

Comment

And in a few years it'll look like this if people don't push back.

Comment

I had a mild heart attack then thinking a VR version of Paradise existed

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            This is horrendous and yet absolutely 100% expected. Facebook is utterly horrible. The sooner the Oculus gets a meaningful competitor the better, although the only companies willing to throw as much money into it or sell it at a total loss are probably Amazon or Google and that won't end up much better.
            We need Apple to come in again, not first to market but first to do it correctly. Ok it'll be £2k but it'll probably weigh a few ounces and look like raybans

Comment

Apple hardware, i'll pass their stuff is poor quality. I have yet to have a single cable from an apple device that hasn't biodegraded they make their stuff deliberately break either from it just falling apart or from one of their "updates" that magically make your stuff run worse & worse.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Apple hardware, i'll pass their stuff is poor quality. I have yet to have a single cable from an apple device that hasn't biodegraded they make their stuff deliberately break either from it just falling apart or from one of their "updates" that magically make your stuff run worse & worse.
                Ok. Not my experience but there you go!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Ok. Not my experience but there you go!
                  Well, to be fair to importaku, Apple did admit to software updates that slow the software of older phones.
                  And a quick Google search will show a lot of people complaining about cable quality.

Comment

There is logic to the slowing of the phones and you could definitely argue that they needed to do that because they should have put in batteries that were over-capable initially so that when they started to degrade they still had enough juice to power them at max cpu burn for sure. My kids destroy iPhone lightning cables but they also destroy micro USB cables. I do get why some don't like Apple but to me the good far outweighs the bad.

Comment

I've only ever owned 1 iPhone and I never had a problem with it. The cable lasted me too, until I vacuumed it up. Just didn't like not being able to download stuff and drag and drop it.
                      Would I want Apple making VR headsets? No. It'd be too expensive and would only work with things they wanted it to work with.

Comment

Yeah i have to say i have have been using iPhones/iPads for about 10 years now, never had a problem with any of the devices. Cant comment on any other Apple device/prodcuts, Macbooks etc as never owned them but apart from eventually slowing down, whether its done intentionally or not with software updates i dont know but in my experiance they are rock solid. Cables from pretty much any manufacturer are pretty flimsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Would I want Apple making VR headsets? No. It'd be too expensive and would only work with things they wanted it to work with.
                          They don’t make you buy one even if they make it.

There is no doubt that it would be stupidly expensive but I’d be all for anything that will give more options than the Oculus Quest when it comes to devices. I totally love the Quest but it will always be comprised by Facebook and their total lack of any standards or ethics whatsoever. I’ll pay a premium to kick Zuckerberg up the butt, which I am sure Tim Cook would do for the price of an Apple VR headset.

Comment

Yeah I’m not saying an apple vr headset would be perfect, just that all the things that people find awkward about vr I reckon they’d solve e.g. it’d be wireless, and light, and you’d be able to hear what’s going on around you and easily look ‘through’ the headset without taking it off. You just know they wouldn’t make one that didn’t solve all those issues. I don’t think they will though.

Comment

Oculus are now trailing ingame adds. While this is nothing new its a little concerning as the device is able to track head movement and work out what you've looked at. Once eyetracking is a thing they will have lots of data to use without even needing adds.

Comment

They won’t just yet because the technology to make a mainstream consumer product like this doesn’t exist/only exists in labs.

Comment

Working...
                                X