Die Hard 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Die Hard 6

It made him his fortune, but Bruce Willis seems to have had enough of the action movie genre. Out doing international promotion for “RED 2,” for which he’s already become infamous for giving interviews ranging from hostile to extremely unengaged, Willis tells The Mirror: “Explosions are one of the most boring parts of my job. […]

Not sure when but it is coming. However Bruce has confirmed what we all knew...

With that approach we can pretty much rule out a fitting end for the series and that there's no guarantees they won't continuethe series after 6 with yet more soulless entries.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-10-2015, 20:40.

What is up with Willis these days? Seriously, he's giving barmy interviews and is literally just turning up to collect his paycheck.

http://schmoesknow.com/wp-content/up..._o-160x120.gif

Comment

If you're reading this Bruce Willis. FU.

Comment

When they do make this though my full support is in favour of the title...

Old Habits Die Hard

Comment

I know this has been posted before, but it's TV gold!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
            What is up with Willis these days? Seriously, he's giving barmy interviews and is literally just turning up to collect his paycheck.

http://schmoesknow.com/wp-content/up..._o-160x120.gif
            You know, I was just talking to my friend about this today. The man seems like he's lost his will to live. He looks like a zombie in every recent movie he's been in. I saw the trailer for Red 2 today in the cinema and he looked like he couldn't care less about being in the film.

They should have let this series rest in peace after DH3.

Comment

That's what happens when actors get old. They turn up for a week of filming of movies they probably won't even watch and collect their $20m. Look at Robert DeNiro.

Comment

I like to think that in Germany, Die Hard is known as "The Hard".

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  That's what happens when actors get old. They turn up for a week of filming of movies they probably won't even watch and collect their $20m. Look at Robert DeNiro.
                  Well, not necessarily. Eastwood was at his best in his older years and very active as a director. And Stallone seems to be actually enthusiastic about making films now again when his pushing 70.

Comment

I guess that's because they're doing something they want to do, as opposed to Willis, who is just going through the motions.
                    Eastwood got a real passion for directing and only worked on films he wanted to make. Stallone was happy everybody got behind his sequels to his hits (Rambo and Rocky) and his nostalgic action ensemble film (Expendables).

I don't understand why Willis doesn't just retire if he's so unhappy. He's worth $150 Million dollars, but he seems to turn up for the cash and smirk his way through all his recent appearances.

He quit Expendables 3 because he wanted $4 million, not $3 for 4 days work.

He recently said he's bored of explosions in movies.

He gave an interview whilst plugging Red 2 and said "Has any actor ever told you this, James? This part is not acting, what we're doing right now. You might be, but we are just selling the film now. Sales. The fun part was making the movie." He doesn't even seem to find the bit about filming being fun though!

You would think acting out boyhood action fantasies whilst being paid millions of dollars would make him happy.

Bruce, I know you're a big import gamer, so if you're reading this, stop being such a grumpy, ungrateful douche.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-08-2013, 14:37. Reason: Evidence of douchebagerry added

Comment

I don't think it would bother me him phoning it in or not being into most stuff like interviews if that attitude didn't extend to Die Hard, you'd assume he'd have at least some will to preserve the integrity of that series.

Comment

In an intriguing rumor today, 20th Century Fox is rumored to be trying to bring back Samuel L. Jackson for the upcoming sixth and purportedly final entry in the “Die Hard” film franchise. Latino Review’s El Mayimbe tweets that 20th Century Fox is currently meeting with writers to hear their takes on what the next […]

Still, somewhat unbelievably, being rumoured to be the franchise closer; Fox is said to be looking to make this film with Samuel L Jackson returning to reprise his role from Die Hard 3. I'm assuming that means the current plan is now to return the action to New York.

Comment

Nuo Yeawk

Yeah Bruce baby, make that money! Make it yours bwoy!

Comment

20th Century Fox is in discussions with “Live Free or Die Hard” director Len Wiseman for him to direct and produce a sixth installment in the “Die Hard” series. Unexpectedly though, the new film would reportedly serve as a “quasi-prequel” for Bruce Willis’ beloved cop character John McClane. The new film would include a storyline […]

Die Hard 4 director Len Wiseman is said to be in the frame for directing this supposed final entry that will now be a prequel/sequel by the sounds charting a story that takes place in 1979 and present day.

Comment

Urgh I forgot about this thread. Shoulda known SuperF was all over it.

"Die Hard 6 to be both origin story and sequel

Die Hard 6 is also set to serve as Die Hard: Year One. Len Wiseman is returning to direct...

Okay, best sit down.

It's little secret that Fox wants another Die Hard movie, and Bruce Willis - having sleepwalked his way through the piss-poor A Good Day To Die Hard - is seemingly keen to give John McClane one last hurrah too. But we never quite saw it happening like this.

Deadline is reporting that Die Hard 6 is to be something of an origins movie.

Take a minute.

It'll be a story part set in 1979, with McClane coming up as a cop in New York City, showing how he became the character we met at the start of the first movie (not that he was much of a superhero or anything at the start of the first Die Hard, but we'll park that there for the minute). Furthermore, the film will also reportedly leave room for Willis to play the role in the present day, too. It sounds a bit Die Hard meets Looper on the surface, but it looks like it'll be a Die Hard sequel and prequel, that's just split.

Furthermore, it's looking like it's going to involve Len Wiseman, who directed Die Hard 4.0. Wiseman pitched the angle to producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who is likely to join the film too. Wiseman is set to direct again, and the search is now on for a screenwriter to turn all of this into a workable script.

Who will play the younger McClane in the project that's apparently being referred to as Die Hard: Year One.

obviously remains to be seen. Er, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has form here."

For reference purposes:

Comment

Working...
                              X